Walking Travesty

Twenty-Five

After coming home and being screamed at by my mom for leaving school without telling her, I lock myself in my room and turn the radio on loud, successfully blocking her out.
I sit on the floor, leaning my back against the door. I stare at the wall for what seems like hours. I force all thoughts out of my mind, only letting myself focus on the lyrics blasting through the speakers.
I do this for about ten seconds, until Alex's face creeps into my mind. My emotions are all over the place. I don't know whether I should be sad or mad, or both.
I run my fingers through my hair, and clench fistfuls of it. Tears prick my eyes and I finally let them fall, and soon silent sobs are wracking my body.
I draw my knees up to my chest and bury my face in them, trying to calm myself down.
He doesn't want you anymore. You're not good enough for him. You're crazy and ugly, and he's perfect and beautiful
I angrily kick the wall next to me, then cry even harder.
He was just playing with you. He wanted to see how easy the psycho was, and you showed him. You lost your virginity to a guy who doesn't give a shit about you
My nails dig into the sides of my legs, and suddenly all I can think about is the blade I have hidden in my closet.
No. You've gotten so much better
"Fuck it," I mutter after silently debating with myself. Nobody gives a shit
I stand up and walk to my closet, and open the door. After looking around the cluttered floor, I find it in the corner. I sit back down and pull my shirt off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Emily's POV:

That piece of shit, dick-ass, pussy . I have to hold back from screaming as I spin into Alex's driveway. I jump out of my car and storm up to his door, angrily pounding on it until a worried looking woman, whom I suspect to be his mother, answers.
"Where is he?" I spit, not giving her a chance to reply, instead I push past her and stomp up the stairs to his room.
I throw open his door, not bothering with knocking. "What the fuck?" I scream at the confused looking boy, who's pausing his video game.
"Emily-"
"No, shut up," I order as I walk further into the room. "My best fucking friend just left my house after informing me that you, the guy who was fucking head over heels yesterday, broke up with her."
"I didn't break up with her!" he insists.
I roll my eyes and place my hands on my hips. "Oh, right, I forgot. You wanna go on 'a break'," I scoff. "That's the biggest load of fucking bullshit. At least give her a goddamn explanation, because she's convinced that she did something wrong, when in reality, you're just an ass hole who got bored."
His eyes widen. "She thinks this is her fault?"
"Yeah, and knowing her, she's probably over analyzing every fucking thing she's ever said, wishing she'd put out or-"
"She didn't tell you?" he interrupts, a confused look coming across his face.
"Tell me what?" I ask angrily, not really in the mood to hearing him talk.
His cheeks turn a little pink, and he nervously scratches the back of his neck. "The other night we uh, got drunk and um..." he trails off and my eyes widen, then more anger floods through me, and I storm up to him and punch him. Hard. "Ow, fuck!" he yells, rubbing his eye. "What the hell was that for?!"
"For fucking her, and breaking up with her two days later!" I yell. "God, you're even worse than I thought! You don't fucking do that. God, you're like the definition of prick."
"That's not why I broke up with her!" he says adamantly.
I roll my eyes. "Right. Sorry, please, do enlighten me with why you broke up with her after she gave up her virginity to you?"
He sighs and runs his fingers through his hair. "I feel... Guilty," he says softly.
"Why, because you're a fucking douche bag, dickwad who only cares about getting laid?"
"No, because I got her drunk, took advantage of her, and she got in trouble for it all." His voice is quiet and his face is full of different emotions. I stay quiet, trying to test his sincerity, so he keeps talking. "She's the most amazing girl I've ever met, and she deserves someone better than me, and I was scared she'd realize that and... Leave."
I let out a sigh, most of my anger leaving with the breath. Most of it. "So you thought it'd be a good idea to break up with her, and not give her a reason?"
He sighs and ducks his head. "I know, I'm an ass."
"Yes, you are," I agree. "Now go apologize and tell her everything you just told me and you might get laid again."
A small smile cracks his lips,then it fades and he shakes his head. "Her mom said I can't see her anymore."
I roll my eyes. "Jeez, have you never read Romeo and Juliet? Go throw some fucking pebbles at her window tonight and apologize."
His smile returns, and he laughs softly. "You remind me so much of Jack."
I smirk, then pat his head, and proudly notice that his eye is bruising nicely. "Go put some ice on your eye and think about what you're gonna tell her."
"Yes ma'am," he says sarcastically as I leave his room, and after bidding his confused mother goodbye, leave his house.
♠ ♠ ♠
I felt like writing from Em's POV :)
Thoughts on the chapter? ;)