Status: New story

Open Your Eyes

Sorry.

My childhood home. I missed this place. This was a place where I wanted my children to grow up in. I paid the cab driver and lugged Presley out of the car with me. Her black peacoat was buttoned up keeping the cool, crisp air away from her. 

We walked up the walkway, Presley holding onto my hand as tightly as she could as she stared at the flowers in the garden. When she saw the horses she would flip. When we reached the big front door, I took a deep breath and raised my hand to ring the doorbell. A couple minutes later it swung open to reveal my father. 

There he stood in all his glory. He didn't look at day over twenty. He was forty five and he looked as young as I did. His dark brown hair was longer then it normally was. His green eyes protected by his black frame reading glasses. The top of his head almost reaching the top of the door frame. That was my dad; Andrew Cox. Big brother to Anne Cox; Harry Styles' mother. 

"Hi Daddy," I spoke softly. His eyes widened to the size of oranges when I spoke. Without blinking he had me wrapped in his arms as he cried tears of joy. "Oh Lennon, I thought you were dead," he cried. "I thought I would never see my Beatle Bug again." 

I hugged him back. "I'm sorry. It's okay now, Daddy, I'm back. It's okay."

"Mummy?" Presley squeaked. I pulled away from my dad and bent down to pick her up. My dad rid his face of any and all tears before looking at my daughter long and hard. "She's your daughter." It was more a statement then it was a question. 

I nodded. "This is Presley Anne, you're granddaughter." 

He grinned and wiggled his fingers at her in a wave. "Hi Precious. I'm your Poppy and I'm going to spoil you rotten." When he held his arms out to her she actually went to him, which shocked me. She barely went to any guy after what James did. 

I followed him inside and into the living room where we sat on the couch and talked for hours. Then my aunt Anne came over and we talked even longer. I told them everything. I told them why I left. Why I didn't have any contact with them. Who I left with. Who Presley's father was. Why we came back. And even what really happened to Presley's arm. What I didn't understand was why my mum wasn't here. There were no pictures of her and my dad around the house anymore. Anne and my dad were, shall I say obsessed, with my daughter. They fawned over her and how much she looked like me.

"Hey Dad?" I spoke up. He looked up from watching the almost one year old watch the telly. "Yeah Beatle Bug?"

"Where's Mum?" His eyes hardened. I must have struck a nerve. "I divorced her and made her leave right after you disappeared. She spent a majority of her time drunk or high, and I couldn't sit here and watch her do that to herself, so I made her leave." 

"She-She--" I stopped to sigh. "She did that stuff?" 

He nodded. "She blamed it on everyone besides herself. When I tried to help her she said it was my fault you ran off. She said you didn't care for us so you ran off."

"So she basically blamed me for it all?" I asked. "I'm the one at fault?" Him and Anne hastily shook their heads. 

"No sweetheart, that's not what he's trying to say!" Anne exclaimed. "He's just saying your mum lost it. All the drugs and alcohol messed her up."

My mum went mental. She literaly went mental. And all because of me.

++++++

By the time we got home it was almost midnight. Presley was a dead weight in my arms as soon as we set foot on the train. She hasn't budged since she fell asleep. I held her bag and mine and used my foot to push the button on the lift. Floor four here we come. 

We made it, and when we did I realized I couldn't open the door. Well shit. I settled for kicking it. I waited and waited, until a tired looking Gemma answered. "Hey Len. Where'd you two run off to today?" 

"To see my parents. I saw your mum too," I replied. "As you know, I didn't see my mum, only my dad. But it was nice." 

"Well that's nice. Was your dad happy to see you?" 

I nodded. "I've never seen him cry. He loves Presley. I saw your mum too. She looks the same."

She chuckled. "What did you think she would look like? An old saggy grandmum?" 

I shook my head. "I don't know, I just figured she'd look different after not seeing her for two years." I shifted Presley a little in my arms. "Well, I don't mean to keep you up. You can go back to sleep. Night Gem."

"Night Len. Night pretty girl." She kissed both our cheeks and padded down the hallway to her room. Over all, it was a good day. And I have my dad and aunt to thank for that.

++++++

I fixed my necklace and hollered at Presley. She came running in the living room with her stuffed giraffe Raffi hanging loosely from her hand. 

"Let's get going babygirl." She gripped my hand and held Raffi to her chest with her casted arm. We slowly but surely made our way to the lobby only to find it was pouring down rain in it's normal London fashion. Well that's great. Now I can't walk to the doctors office. Gemma was at uni and the only other person close that I knew was Harry, so sucked up my pride and called him. 

"'ello?" 

"Harry," I started, only to be cut off by his loud groan. "Will you just listen to me? I called to see if you could come pick me and Presley up and take me to the doctors."

"Can't you walk?"

"Really Harry? It's pouring outside! I don't want Pres getting sick and I can't get sick either." I started talking again before he could. "And before you ask, Gem's at uni. I only know you around here. So please?" 

He sighed loudly. "Whatever. I'll be there in a bit." And he hung up before I could thank him. Twenty or so minutes later an all black Range Rover pulled up under the awning. The driver side window rolled down and Harry waved me over. I spotted one of his mates in the passenger seat, so I climbed in the back and put the seatbelt over both me and Presley. 

"Can you just take me to the nearest clinic?" Without replying, he took off speeding down the practically empty street. A Elvis Presley song played softly in the background. It was All Shook Up. I loved Elvis Presley. Harry and I always used to dance around the house to his music when we were little. I'm surprised he still listens to him. "You still listen to Elvis?" I asked, breaking the silence. 

"Nope." He changed it to the radio making me sigh. He was being so rude. I understand I didn't speak to him for two years, but it wasn't by choice. I was forced to lose all contact with everyone in my family. The only family I had was Presley. I didn't count James as my family. He never was and he never will be. 

"Later today, we're going to be interviewing the lads of One Direction and getting the down low on their dating lives. So girls, be ready to hear is Harry, Liam, Louis, Niall, and Zayn are taken or single and ready to mingle. Now, here's 1D's new single, One Thing." 

Now it all made sense. Why those girls said I could be a fan. Why they wouldn't give me his number. Why Harry had such a nice flat; such a nice car. I'm taking it his auditions for the XFactor went good and he made it pretty far. I missed it. I always told him I'd be there for him to support him in anything he did. I was the one who encouraged him to sing. I was the one who stayed up all night with him practicing new songs or writing new songs. I left him when he needed me most. 

"We're here. How long will it take?" Snippy are we Harold? 

"I don't know, half an hour," I answered. "Can you watch Pres for me? I don't want to mess with her in there."

Harry went to speak, but Liam sent him a look. "We sure will love. We can play with her giraffe and listen to some good tunes. Sound good love?" 

I left the car, leaving Presley with a kiss on the forehead and made my way into the clinic. As soon as I got to the front desk I started filling out paperwork. I got called back fairly quick. And the doctor got back there not even ten minutes after I did. 

"'ello dear. I'm Doctor Cari Clarke." She greeted. 

"Hi, I'm Lennon."

She started washing her hands. "So I read your chart here and I take it you suspect you're pregnant, yeah?" 

"Uh, no, I actually know I'm pregnant," I replied. "I saw a doctor back in the states and he said I was a few months along. I just wanted to come here and see how the baby was doing and get my vitamins filled." 

She nodded and instructed me to lay back on the table and lift my shirt. I did as I was told and watched the screen as a blurry image appeared on it. The normal thumping of the heartbeat didn't sound throughout the room making me frown. She moved the little wand around on my stomah before turning off the machine. 

"I'm sorry dear, but you lost your baby." Those are words no mom wants to hear. None whatsoever. I nodded, keeping my tears at bay and scheduled an appointment to get it taken care of. I may have only been six weeks along, but I had already gotten attached to the baby. I wanted Presley to have a little brother or sister to play with. I wanted her to love him or her and protect them like Gemma did with Harry and I. Or like Harry and I did for each other.   

"That was quick," Liam commented as I shut the door. 

I nodded, putting a fake smile on. "Yeah. Everythings all good."

"Well that's good news," he replied with a grin. "I was thinking since we're already out we could go grab a bite to eat. What do you say Har?" 

He started to protest but Presley cut him off. "Foo! Foo! Mummy, foo!" 

I chuckled along with Liam. "Guess we're going to eat mate."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry it sucks!! The next chapter will be better. I'll make sure of it.

Image