Status: In Progress

Better Together

Love Never Dies

“So, should we start planning a wedding, hun?” Jake asked in the middle of the next day’s part of the draft. It was kind of boring now that he got picked, but he was there to show support for other players.
“Where did that come from? We haven’t talked about the wedding in weeks.”
“Well, all that talk about the baby last night got me to thinking that we should be married before the baby is born. We have three months to make it happen, why don’t we?”
“Jake, at this point, I would be fine marrying you in Niagara Falls or Vegas at a chapel. I don’t need anything fancy. Let’s save the money to buy a house.”
“You really would go to the Falls or Vegas and just do it?” he asked with his toothy grin. I just nodded and listed to the very last pick of the draft. When we reached the rental car, Jake brought it up again.
“Do you really want to go to Niagara? We can go there right now and fly to Carolina tomorrow. If you are sure, we’ll go and do it.”
“Then let’s do it. The only thing is a piece of paper that differs from what we are doing now. We are basically a married couple, let’s just make it legal!”
A few hours later, we were landing in Niagara Falls. We hopped in the first empty cab we found and told the driver to take us in the directions of the chapels. We kissed a few times, but were rudely interrupted by the cabbie who wanted to know which chapel.
“The Northern Star is fine,” Jake told him.
“Did you do some research or did you just do a blind pick?” I questioned.
“You fell asleep, what else could I do on the flight?” I smiled and kissed him again. I realized how much I loved him and knew he felt the same. I would never regret our life and how we got here. I would not change a single thing.

THE END
♠ ♠ ♠
I just wanted to get the ending out for anyone still reading.