Status: Please check out my new story, "Sasha."

What Happened to You, Me, and Us?

My Big Fat Panic.

Dinner went by swiftly with jokes, laughs, and incognito glances that danced between the eyes of mine and Zack's.

"Babe, I think we should make a bonfire and drinks some beers on the beach tonight!"

Gena was so pretty it killed me. And What killed me even more, was the love and sincerity in her eyes whenever she looked at Zack. She loved him. Adored him. And had him to herself. And I sat there, at the glass table adorned with empty plates, envious. My emotions were overly soaked in jealousy and hurt. It had been a while since I was in a relationship with that man, and all I can do is feel like we're breaking up again and again every time I see him. Does he feel the same?

Everyone nodded at Gena's suggestion and Zack and Matt went to start up the fire.

"Hey, dude, why don't we call the guys over? I haven't seen Brian and the guys in forever."

I over heard Matt throw the suggestion in the air and the second he did, Zack had already pulled out his phone.

"I mean Brian's going to be family even more than he already is."

Zack looked at Matt and quickly glanced back at his phone. I could see the uncomfortable look in his eye. I wondered if it bothered Zack, that one of his best friends would become an in-law but not through Zack and I...but through Matt and I. At times, I couldn't help but think that Matt and I broke the "bro" code...I was his older brothers and when Zack and I quit on each other, Matt became my rebound.

"Yeah....That's weird. Brian's going to be like our cousin..." A stale awkwardness built up between the two brothers. "Matt, if you ever. And I mean ever, fucking hurt her, make her cry....I will fucking do physical harm to you."

"Zack. Chill. I love her. But judging by the bullshit that you just said, you still do too. And I know she's why you wanted us to stay with you and Ge. You still love Lauren. And we both know that you hate me for taking her from you. Get the fuck over it all, Zack. I'm going to marry her. We're going to have children and you're just going to be the tattooed uncle. Why don't you worry about your own wife for once."

I felt courage seep through my limbs and I walked over to the bickering men and placed my arm around Matt's waist.

"What are you two chatting about? Care to share with the rest of the class?"

"NO. It's cool." Both brothers shouted at the same time.

Matt dropped the wood logs on to the sand and walked back towards the house.

"Zacky, what is going on?" I placed my hand on his wrist and looked deep into his sea green eyes. I felt like his eyes could hypnotize me.

"Don't worry about it. It's just stupid shit. He's being a kid. He's always being a fucking kid."

"Zack."

"He thinks I invited you guys here just to see you."

"Well...Did you?" I did not take my eyes off his for a second. I couldn't. He had the type of eyes that you could get lost in.

He didn't have to answer my question. His body language gave it all away.

"Laurz. What do you think? Tonight, after the guys leave and Gena and Matt go to sleep, we need to talk. And we will." He looked at me sternly. I was slightly intimidated by his determination to get me alone.

I heard the sound of laughter. The voices of men and females. I turned around to see Brian and his wife Michelle, Matt and his wife Val (twin sister to Michelle) Johnny and his wife Lacey. They were all best friends and band mates to Zack. They were my family.

I rushed up to the deck to greet them all and converse. Gena was as close to the other girls as I was. For some reason, I didn't mind. I knew deep down that the girls did not like her. It made my jealousy grin. She might have had a ring on her finger that I so desperately wanted but she definitely didn't have my friends.

I felt two hands wrap around my waist. And breathing come close to my ear.

"Babe, I want you so bad right now." It was Matt and the lust that was radiating off of him was turning me off for once.

"Not now, Matt. I'm not in the mood."

He grabbed my arm lightly and pulled me off to the side.

"What is your deal? You've been acting weird the second we got out of the car?"

"Matt. I don't want to talk right now!" I half-shouted at him.

"It's him. We've never ever fucking had a problem in this relationship and you're really about to backslide on me for a dead relationship. You two make me sick." He threw his arms up in the air and I panicked. I had this horrible problem with words, and sometimes lies, flying out of my mouth when I felt cornered.

"MATT. I'm fucking pregnant."

"You....You're what? Did you just say pregnant?" His eyes went from confused to ecstatic.

"We're going to be parents! Oh fuck. Fuck."

He was hugging me so tight, I felt like my bones were going to crush. Everyone, all of our friends were starring at us.

"Guys! Everybody! We're pregnant!" Matt shouted as he kissed my temple. Zack looked as if he had been shot, and immediately walked away.

I stood there beside my idiotic boyfriend, motionless.

What the fuck did I just do?

What the fuck did I just say?

What the fuck did I just cause?
♠ ♠ ♠
I've decided not to post a character's page. Through out the story, I will describe how Lauren looks but I want to leave it up to the reader to fully develop how they want to see her. We all know what the guys and their wives look like. But as far as Lauren goes, I want the reader to easily be able to picture themselves as her, if they wanted to.

Comment/Subscribe!

Thank you!