Status: **Winner of the "How To Survive With The Dixon Brothers" Contest** "Reading your story makes my day" "It's 4AM and I'm still up reading this story" "I've never watched WD but you've got me hooked" "This just gets better and better" "You're great. I bet you wake up in the morning and piss excellence"

Mercy on Me

Nice Guys Finish Last

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, I never got to thank anyone who has reviewed/commented my story; this is me doing so.
TheGoodLlama; Thanks so much! I'm glad you like it so far! The Barbie/Ken thing, kind of just popped into my head the first time Daryl called Harper 'Barbie', so I think it's going to stick since everyone's loving it so much.(:
ForeverSmiling2198; Aw, I'm glad you love the story! And I wish the entire story could be just Daryl/Harper scenes.. That would make it perfect, but then there wouldn't be a plot, now would there be?
NoMoreTears; Thanks! I'm glad that I can make people laugh even though it's not really supposed to be a funny story.
HotRanger69; I am honored to be your new favorite Mibbian!(: and this chapter is the longest one yet, so you'll love it! Thanks SO much for the great comments, you're the best!
Mikey Whiskey Hands; I think it's pretty cool that I can say I got someone to watch the Walking Dead because they read my fanfiction.. I mean, how cool is that?! Thanks for reading, it means so much!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Hurry!" Rick whispered harshly to our large group of survivors. He led the group towards the looming doors that were at the entrance of the CDC.

"Well don't this shit look reassuring," I heard Shane scoff up by Rick.

I looked around and found myself agreeing with him. We were surrounded by tents filled with dead bodies and burnt-out fires.

"They just let all of these poor people die?" I asked out loud, but not really to anyone specific.

"Try not to think about it. Jus' head for the door," Daryl chirped from beside me, his arrow raised at the ready. When we finally reached the large white doors, Rick started to bang as loudly as he could.

"Hello?" he shouted, hope filling his voice.

"Keep it down, will ya? You'll attract walkers," Glenn whispered quickly, checking his gun for God-knows-what.

"Speaking of geeks," Daryl muttered from my right, raising his crossbow. We all spun around to see walkers coming from all directions: out of cars, off the ground, under tents; they were everywhere.

"Mom, I'm scared!" Sophia whimpered from behind Carol's back, which Sophia was gripping onto very tightly. Carl was looking around in a panic, Rick's Deputy hat dipping low on his head.

"This was a mistake, man! Let's out while we still can," Shane urged, lightly shoving Rick's shoulder. Panic was beginning to fill Rick's face, as if he had failed.

"No, there has to be someone in there. I know it! Hello!" Rick shouted as he continued to bang on the door.

"If we're gon' be here for a while, can I go sit back in the RV?" Merle asked randomly, making everyone roll their eyes.

The moaning was getting closer, so I whipped my gun out; Daryl had convinced me to leave my bat behind. I had a better shot at killing a walker with a knife over a bat, anyway.

"Rick, we have to go!" Lori pleaded with her husband, running a worried hand through her hair.

I noticed a walker coming around the side of the building, do I spun on my heel and aimed, pulling the trigger. Although it was a lucky hit, it pierced the walker's brain, nearly saving Daryl's life.

"Rick!" I practically screamed as Daryl released a bolt into a walker's brain. We were practically surrounded, not to mention everyone had their belongings at their feet.

"Dammit, Rick. Everyone get to the cars, now!" Shane ordered as he finally pulled his gun out.

"No, wait! It moved, the camera moved!" Rick called out, making everyone stop walking.

"What moved?" we all heard Andrea pipe up from beside Dale.

"Hey! Hey!" Rick shouted, jumping up and down as he faced the camera. "Let us in, please! They're going to KILL us!".

The little hope that the group still had was shattered when the door remained locked, forbidding us entry.

"Come on, let's just go," Glenn, sighed, shaking his head.

When we all turned in a hurry to leave, we heard a loud click.

I grabbed Daryl by the arm, since he was leading to pack.

"Wait,".

That was when the doors to the CDC opened.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Is anyone bit?" a single man asked in the entryway.

"No. Everyone who was bit we left behind," Rick answered in a rush. The man nodded and stood to the side.

"Alright, everyone in. Do you guys need to bring anything else in from your cars?". We all shook our heads no and filled in to the tiny circular room. "This is your last chance to leave; once these doors shut, they will never open. Is that understood?" the man from the CDC explained to us.

We all looked to each and nodded, as if trying to see what everyone else would say.

"Great. For starters, my name is Edwin Jenner; I am a doctor here at the CDC. I hope you all don't mind, but you will all have to give a small blood test before fully entering the CDC; you know, just for extra safety measures," Dr. Jenner explained, folding his hands together.

"Understood," Rick spoke for the group, nodding. Jenner pressed a button on the wall and the room we were in lurched downward, as if in motion.

"Are we moving?" little Sophia asked out loud, making everyone chuckle.

"Yes, sweetie; we're actually in an elevator," Jenner replied, smiling shortly.

"The entrance to the damned CDC is a friggen elevator?" Daryl scoffed.

"Well, yes. We can't have just anyone waltzing in here, now can we?" the doctor laughed uncomfortably.

"Well you did just let us all in, didn't cha?" Merle said, making a good point.

After his question, there was an uncomfortable silence the rest of the ride down. I was surprised how long the ride actually was.

I glanced over to my brother who playfully winked at me, making me smile, something I was grateful for.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ow! That hurt more than you said it would!" Carl yelped from across the room in the laboratory chair that he was sitting in as Dr. Jenner pricked his vein with a needle.

"Sorry, son. I must have a higher tolerance when it comes to this stuff,".

I heard Daryl snort at the comment, so I glared at him. He raised he his shoulders in defense, making me smile, which didn't go unnoticed by Merle. Carl hopped out of the chair once a Band-Aid was applied to his arm, leaving the chair empty.

"Alright, you're the only one left," Jenner said, turning towards me.

I didn't like the way he looked at me when he said it, but I ignored my feelings and sat down in the chair, letting out a deep breath. I noticed Daryl watching me intently, as if feeling my nervousness. I had given blood dozens of times throughout my life; what was so different?

As I leaned my head back against the chair's headrest and closed my eyes, I tried to hone in on the idle chatter that could be heard from the other side of the room, but it didn't really calm me down. I heard Jenner snapping on new gloves, so I forced myself to think that it wouldn't be a problem; after all, I've done it before.

"Just relax," Jenner whispered into my ear, as if sensing my unease.

My body jumped at his voice; all of my hard work to calm me down was out the window. When his rough hand gripped my arm to steady my body, I panicked. All I could see in my head was that crazy guy who had tried to attack me on the way here.

"Stop, please!" I begged, pushing him away.

"It's only a little needle..." Jenner tried, but I wouldn't have it.

"Don't touch me!" I pleaded, curling my body into a ball in the chair. By that point, Daryl, Rick, and Shane were at my sides.

"What did you do?" Daryl growled, glaring at the doctor.

"Nothing! I went to take her blood and she panicked!" Jenner stuttered, clearly nervous with the daggers that Daryl was shooting him.

Rick and Shane glanced at each other and nodded, as if understanding each other with their brotherly bond before Rick took Jenner off to the side to explain.

"Just relax, Harper. It's just a little blood; you got this done all the time when you were little! 'Member when I passed out from being so scared and you took it like a champ?" Shane laughed, trying to soothe me down.

I let out a deep breath and laughed right along with him. He patted me on the shoulder before leaving me and Daryl alone to go berate Jenner with Rick.

"I saw him, Daryl,". Daryl looked at me with raised eyebrows.

"Who the fuck you seeing?". I shot him a look that showed I meant business before speaking.

"You know.. That guy," I replied, and Daryl knew what I meant almost immediately.

"Oh. The fucker who I shot in the damn head," he said through gritted teeth.

I nodded at him nervously while rubbing my arm. He looked at me through squinted eyes as he spoke.

"That man ain't here anymore, Harper. I took care of him, 'member? He's never going to hurt, I made sure of that,".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How about I get all of your names and then I'll let you guys go get situated; sound good?" Jenner piped up, breaking the silence.

"I'm Sophia!" Sophia smiled widely, making everyone laugh; she was so adorable.

When Rick introduced himself, Jenner stared at Rick a while longer, as if evaluating his status with the group. I also happened to notice that Lori was parked right between Rick and Shane, which probably made things even more awkward.

"So who else is around here that we get to meet?" I asked Jenner excitedly; I was looking forward to meeting new people, especially since Jenner kind of creeped me out.

"You're looking at him,".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I looked at Shane to double-check if I had just heard the doctor correctly; he was the only person left?

"Well if you're the only one here, where did everyone else go?" Rick asked, rubbing the nape of neck with his hand. I watched Lori lean into his side warmly with annoyance; poor Shane.

"When the outbreak began, most of the workers left to be with their families. The others, well.. They took the easier way out," Jenner explained, cringing at the thought.

"The easier way?" Carl asked, clearly not understanding the idea of suicide.

"I'll explain it to you later, baby," Lori reassured him, but rolled her eyes when Carl complained over his nickname of 'baby'.

"Why wouldn't your co-workers just bring their families back here? This place is underground, walkers can't get in," Carol asked, bringing up a very good point. Jenner folded his hands together in his lap as he pursed his lips together, looking uncomfortable with the topic.

"It was definitely an option I suggested; we have so much food here! An unlimited supply of water, as well—why not come back? I guess most of the workers just felt that they would be comfortable at home, especially the families with little kids," Jenner explained before shrugging.

"But that's in the past, and you're all here now. A new makeshift family, yes?" he joked, a smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. I smiled back, remembering the idea of our 'dysfunctional family'.

"You said there's unlimited water here?" Merle chirped in from the back of group, where he was sitting on top of a desk. The doctor nodded excitedly as a murmur erupted from the group.

"Yes, plenty of it. Warm water, too. I guess I should let you all find your rooms and get situated, then? Meet me in the dining room in say, two hours for dinner?".

"Sounds good," Shane nodded with an abrupt smile.

I assumed that I would be living with Shane, so when the group dispersed, I followed my brother. I had to take long strides to keep up with him until he finally noticed me.

"What'chu following my ass around for, sis?" he asked me, smiling. I ducked out of the way as he tried to ruffle my hair.

"Figured we'd be rooming together at the end of the world.. Where you want to stay?" I asked him cheerily as I linked my arm with his. Shane shot me a look as if I was crazy before responding.

"Girl, how do you think I'm gon' get laid with you sleeping in the bed next to me? Get your own damn room!".

My mouth could've dropped to the floor when he just randomly brought up having sex.

"Shane!" I pulled him quickly around a corner, since Sophia and Carl were running down the hallway. "You can't just expect Lori to come back, Shane.. Rick is alive and well," I looked at him with sincerity.

It broke my heart to see Shane in denial; even though he would never admit it, I knew that he was in love with Lori.

"I know, Harper. But there are plenty of other single women in this group that could use a good time," Shane shrugged, smirking. My eyes were practically bulging out of my head as we continued to walk down the head.

"Who, Carol?" I joked, my head falling back.

Shane stuck his leg out and tripped me to the floor my stuff flying everywhere.

"Dick!" I shouted across the hallway as he started to jog away laughing.

"I love you, sis.. I just don't want to room with you!".

"You're gonna regret! Nobody's gonna want to sleep with your bony ass!" I huffed as I stood up and began to pick up my bags of dropped stuff. At the end of the hallway, Shane spun around with his hands on his hips.

"Now we've been over this, Harper—it's a fucking beauty, remember?".

I flipped him the finger and turned down another hallway to get away from my amazing, hysterical, loving brother.

"Go find your damn bedroom, Shane,".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had settled on a bedroom in Hallway-M, the hallway that was farthest away from everyone else; the closest people to me were Andrea and Dale, who both had rooms in H-Hall. I was shocked at how big the CDC was; but then again, it made sense. The workers lived here, and they needed enough workers to take care of a whole country.

As I was unpacking my clothes into the room's half-empty dresser (it still seemed crazy to me that I was unpacking), I heard a loud bang against the wall. I jumped up and automatically pulled my gun from its holster. Wasn't this place supposed to be safe?

When I didn't hear anything else, I assumed that it was just the building adjusting into the ground as most buildings do and continued to unpack. I heard another loud bang, but calmed down when I heard a man cursing.

"You've got to be kidding me,". Out of all of the rooms in the place, he had chosen the room right next door? I dropped my stuff and left my room to head next door. I banged on the door before crossing my arms.

"Merle! Open the damn door!".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was met with a very smug-looking Merle, who was matching my crossed arms.

"Never thought I'd hear you begging me to 'open my damn door'!" Merle laughed, mocking my voice as well. I rolled my eyes and pushed my way into the room to see that his room was surprisingly larger than his.

"Why is your room so much bigger than mine?" I complained, throwing my arms up in the air.

"Still got time to move in here with me," he smiled cheekily, so I matched his smile.

"No thanks, I'll pass".

"T'fuck you doing in here?" I spun around to see Daryl emerging from the bathroom completely naked besides a white towel that was draped around his waist.

"You two are both living in here?" I squeaked, looking back to Merle in surprise.

"Surprise!" Merle hooted as he clapped me on the back.

I felt my face growing hot, but I wasn't sure if it was from the steam from the bathroom or from Daryl being half naked in front of me. I ran a hand through my long brunette hair and stood in silence, not really sure what to say.

"So, boys—,".

"Men," Merle cut in, winking at me, which earned a glare from Daryl, who was still standing very close to me in only a towel.

"Boys," I continued, correcting Merle. "Out of every hallway and every room, you two just happened to choose this one? Really?" I asked them. It couldn't be out of coincidence that they had just happened to choose the room right next door to mine.

"Hey, don't blame me. I let Merle choose!" Daryl said, pointing at Merle. I looked at Merle expectantly and couldn't help but smile when he started laughing.

"Okay, so maybe I asked around to see where your little ole' butt was livin'. But it was only in good fun! Now we can stay up at night and tell stories and braid each other's hair!" he clapped his hands together, clearly thinking that he was hysterical.

"Seriously, Merle?" Daryl sighed, shaking his head in embarrassment.

"What, Darylena? Wasn't like you was gon' do somethin' bout it!". I looked between them, confused.

"What are you two talking about?" I asked them.

"Nothin', don't worry about. Jus' go take a shower and get ready for dinner," Daryl urged me, ushering me towards the door.

"Yeah, let's go Harper. I could use a shower!" Merle smiled sweetly, but I pushed him back into his room by his chest.

"We're the only three people down here, so we need ground rules, okay? If you want to visit, knock. And no ganging up on me!" I demanded, hands on my hips. The brothers looked at each with smiles on their faces.

"What'cha mean, 'gang up on ya'?" Merle asked me, leaning over to run his hands over my hips.

"Merle, cut that shit out," Daryl ordered, smacking Merle's hands away from my body.

"Now that's what I like to see! Harper not getting ganged up on," I laughed, running my tongue over my bottom lip. Merle made a noise at the sight before speaking.

"I'm tellin' ya, baby brother. You don't jump on that, I'm gonna!". I scoffed and turned to head into my room.

"Please, Merle. I have to actually like you for that to happen,".

"So it's settled, then. Whoever gets her first, wins," Merle said to Daryl, shaking his hand. I spun around in shock.

"Okay, let's get something straight: I am not a trophy, and I definitely am not going to be something to be 'won' by one of you two; especially you," I argued, looking at Daryl.

I watched his eyes fall to look at the floor which gave me time to appreciate his abs, even if it wasn't the right time.

"Well, Daryl doesn't seem to be doing much about cha.. If he doesn't start, I might just have ta," Merle commented, looking directly into my eyes.

I knew that his statement was a promise, which kind of worried me. I let out of a sigh and looked down to see that Daryl's towel was tied on his left hip, so I started to speak.

"I need to go shower, which means I'm going to need a towel; can I borrow yours?" I asked Daryl, and before he could answer, I yanked on his towel from his hip and bolted into my room, slamming the door shut.

I locked it just in time to hear Daryl's fist hit the door, with Merle cracking up hysterically in the background.

"Dude, she's a fuckin' keeper!".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I unplugged the hair dryer that I had found in the cabinet under the bathroom sink; I had almost passed out and went to heaven when I had not only found the hairdryer, but also an unopened 36-pack of razors. I was going to share them with the other women in the house, but decided against it.

After my shower, I shaved for what seemed like an hour before stepping out of the shower. I smiled at myself in the mirror as I began to dress myself. I was slowly beginning to feel like myself again. I pulled my make-up bag out and applied some fresh makeup before staring at myself in the mirror; if I could, I would've taken a picture. It was the best I've looked in weeks.

Since our section of the CDC was underground, the heat needed to be cranked up to keep it from being freezing, so it was actually pretty warm; warm enough for shorts.

I looked forward to the winter when we could go looking for Christmas trees; even though Jenner said the doors wouldn't re-open, he would make an exception for Christmas, right? Since I could blow-dry my hair, it was dried to its pin-straight perfection and I was ready to go.

I was sporting a new light orange long-sleeved shirt that vibrated nicely against my dark tan from living out in the sun for so long, as well as another new pair of white shorts that I had picked up in Atlanta on our trip to find Merle.

I only wore a pair of purple socks, not really caring that they didn't match; just the fact that I could wear just socks was beautiful. I padded down the hallways in my terrible attempt to find the kitchen; were Daryl and Merle having a hard time finding everyone else like I was? I hadn't tried finding my way back after unpacking; I had just showered and relaxed.

When I saw the sign for B-Hall, I knew that I was doing something right; the kitchen was in C-Hall.. So, wait, did I pass it?

"Jesus Christ.." I moaned, leaning against a wall.

"Got a problem?" a rough voice asked me from down the hall. I looked over to see Daryl heading down the hall towards me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you lost too?" I asked him hopefully, pushing away from the wall. Daryl stared at me for a moment before speaking.

"No, I just fell asleep after my shower an' Merle didn't wake me up," he answered, raking his eyes over my body.

"Oh," I replied, placing my hands on my thighs as I looked down at the ground. I could still feel him watching me so I stayed silent as I looked back at him.

"You look, um.." he started, but didn't finish. I felt myself blushing, but thankfully, the red color didn't reach my cheeks.

"I look what?".

"I don't know.. Different," Daryl stammered, trying to find the right words. That's when the blush hit my cheeks.

"Gee, thanks, Daryl.. The only difference is my hair..." I replied quickly, running my hand through my straight hair.

It was true, really. My makeup was the same, the clothing taste was the same; it was just a new outfit and different hair style.

Daryl, however, had actually put some effort into his outfit. He was wearing a pair of jeans that I've never seen him wear before, along with a t-shirt with sleeves! Yes, sleeves. Even though I could say that I was disappointed about him wearing sleeves, the sleeves were wrapped tight around his biceps, so I guess I couldn't really complain. I giggled when he bent over to run his fingers up my leg.

"Plus, your legs are fuckin' soft, Walsh; I've never seen that before," he murmured.

I watched him smirk when goosebumps appeared on my leg at his light touch.

"Well I like to look like a girl sometimes, Dixon,".

When Daryl stood up, he was incredibly close to me; I almost had to back up or we would've been bumping noses. The thought of bumping noses with the redneck made me giggle.

"Fuck you laughing 'bout, Barbie? I look funny or somethin'?" he asked me as he began to spin around in circles in an attempt to examine himself.

His goofy actions made me laugh even more, so I reached out and grabbed his long fingers to make him stop moving.

"Stop, stop! You'll make my makeup run," I giggled, wiping tears out of the corners of my eyes.

Daryl whistled before brushing my hand away from eyes. He instead helped wiped tears away while speaking.

"Never thought I'd hear a girl worry 'bout her makeup in a damn zombie apocalypse,". I smiled at him and bit my bottom lip lightly.

"Last time I checked, there aren't any zombies inside of the CDC to worry about, Daryl," I managed.

I could feel his hot breath on mine and inhaled his scent happily; he smelt woodsy and of cigarettes. Even though I don't smoke, it still made me happy.

"Where'd you find cigarettes?" I asked out of the blue, clearly catching him by surprise.

"What?" he asked me, blushing. I smiled at him and pushed his shoulder back lightly before adjusting my top.

"I don't care; I could just smell them on you. Now come on, bring me to the kitchen, I'm starving!" I jumped up and down in hunger and excitement; after all, when was the last time our group had had a hot, tasty meal? I stopped walking when I noticed that he wasn't following me.

"What is it, Dixon?" I sighed, throwing my hands to my hips, even though I had a feeling that he just didn't want to head to the group just yet.

"Nothing, let's go,". I watched him jog over to me and lightly lead me towards the kitchen with his hand pressed into my back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wasn't surprised to see that we were the last two people to arrive; even Merle had made it. He shot Daryl a knowing look, which Daryl clearly was annoyed at.

"Everything okay?" Merle asked knowingly. I rolled my eyes and made my way to the reserved seat by Shane before answering.

"Fine. I just got lost, is all,".

"You are pretty far out of the way, Harper.. Don't you think you should be closer to everyone else?" Lori asked me in concern.

I snorted in annoyance in her question. Ever since she had just up-and-left Shane when Rick had come back, I had lost all respect for her. I understand that Rick is her husband and all, but shouldn't she have at least told Rick about her relationship with Shane?

"Thanks for the concern, but I'll pass. I like the quiet," I faked her a smile before taking a sip of the water that was placed by my plate.

"If you like the quiet, then what are you doing rooming next door to the Dixons?" Lori continued obnoxiously. I shot her a look to show she was clearly pissing me off.

"Do you really want to get into what should be being kept quiet, Lori?" I asked her, almost ready to just forget about dinner and head back to my room—peace and quiet sounded really good right now. Lori didn't answer me, but gave me a look as if saying that I wouldn't dare.

"Try me," I said out loud, making the whole table stare in curiosity.

Almost everyone knew about Lori and Shane's relationship, but nobody had the nerve to tell Rick. If Shane didn't tell him, then nobody would. It wouldn't be right.

"Dinner's ready, guys!" T-Dog bellowed from the kitchen. I smiled when he pulled off his white apron to join us.

"I never knew you could cook, T," I patted his hand across the table.

I looked over to see Merle whispering something in Daryl's ear as I did it, but I tried to ignore them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is absolutely amazing!" Glenn repeated probably for the tenth time that night as he chewed on his baked potato.

Glenn was seated on my right while Jenner was at the head of the table, Rick at the opposite end.

"I'm glad you all are enjoying yourselves," the doctor smiled at us all.

Once dinner was over, the doctor disappeared for a few minutes before coming back with a nice bottle of wine. The table cheered, minus the kids.

"Ew!" Sophia muttered, crossing her arms.

"You'll grow to like it one day, I promise," Carol laughed, musing her daughter's hair lovingly. Jenner gave us all our own wine glass before handing Rick the glass.

"I'm exhausted, everybody. Letting in over ten people is quite a lot for one day, so I'm going to head to bed. Enjoy your night," Dr. Jenner said, patting Carl on the shoulder.

"Are you sure? You let us into your home, please stay," Rick said cautiously, as if examining the man.

"No, no, it's all yours. Have fun," he said before leaving the kitchen.

If anyone was paying attention, we would have noticed that Jenner had headed towards the laboratory, not towards the bedrooms. As we all took turns passing the bottle around, Sophia and Carl slowly stood up and headed for Carol's room, where they had hidden a bunch of games that they had found in the break-room.

Once everyone had their drinks, we toasted to a new life, which would hopefully be a happy and safe one.

As I clinked my glass with Shane's, I looked over to where Daryl was leaning up against the counter. He caught my stare and nodded, raising his glass in the air.

I nodded back and winked, my glass meeting his through the air.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Come on, Glenn, just one drink!" I pleaded with my best friend, tugging on some strands of his hair. Glenn crossed his arms defiantly before speaking.

"No, Harper, you know I don't drink,".

"Gosh, whatta loser," I sighed, letting my head fall back against the seat.

"So what are everybody's plans for the rest of the night? You know, now that we don't have to keep watch or anything" Shane asked in something of a slur as he stood up, pushing his chair back.

"Sleep.." Lori, sighed, leaning happily into her husband, who brushed a hand through her hair.

"Amen to that!" Dale hooted happily from across the table.

I ran a hand through my hair as the room started to spin. Was Dale sitting on Merle's lap?

"Hey, you feeling okay?" Shane asked me, tapping me on the shoulder.

"What?" I asked him, looking down at his feet.

"Come on, let's get you to bed," Shane sighed, shaking his head as he bent down to pick me up.

"I don't need help, Shane, I'm fine," I reassured him, proving such by standing up despite the spinning room.

I walked slowly over to the sink and poured myself a glass of water.

"Will you two walk her back?" I heard Shane ask someone, but I wasn't sure who.

"'Course," Merle answered my brother, which made me roll my eyes.

"But I'm not tired! I'm not going to bed yet," I smiled at the group and stepped out into the hallway before breaking out into a sprint.

I sprinted down hallways upon hallways before realizing that nobody was following me.

"Shoot.." I muttered to myself.

This game was stupid. I slowed down and slid my way to the floor against a wall, surprised to see that I still had a glass of water.

I concentrated on the wall ahead of me to notice that the dizziness was going down, thank goodness, but it obviously wasn't going to go away; I had drunk too much.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"She couldn't have gotten too far; she would've fallen on her damn face!" I heard Merle mutter from somewhere in the building later on into the night.

"Just shut up, Merle," Daryl growled, a swishing sound coming after his voice. What was that?

"You should stop drinking, Daryl, you're gonna be worse than Harper, soon," Merle warned him.

I was surprised that Merle was being the concerned brother for once, but I guess Daryl had to get out of hand once in a while.

"Fuck that. I told ya, I'm gettin' shit-faced drunk tonight," Daryl slurred, tipping the bottle back. I heard a loud thunk, which led to Merle laughing.

"Told ya you shouldn't drink too much, you'll keep walking into damn walls like that all—oh hey pretty, lady! You looked konked out!" Merle cheered when he saw me sprawled out against the wall. I looked up at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Who the fuck says 'konked'?" I asked him annoyance, his voice hurting my head. He whistled and looked to Daryl.

"She may be drunk, but she's still got that attitude I love! Why don't ya take her back to her room while I take a walk?" Merle asked Daryl, nodding towards me.

"I don't need help, Merle. I'm fine," I defended myself as I pushed my body off the wall to start walking.

"You heard the lady, she don't need no help," Daryl muttered, clearly offended by my tone.

"Fine, I'll do it then," I heard Merle sigh, so I cut in from down the hall.

"Don't need any help, Merle!".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"She's gon' go and friggen hurt herself, Daryl and if you're gon be a pussy instead of a man and not help her back to her room, I will," Merle whispered to Daryl harshly before turning to catch up with Harper.

"Fuck you talking bout, man?" Daryl asked, confused.

The alcohol was swimming through his brain and the only thing he could concentrate on was Harper's swaying hips from down the hall.

"This is a damned zombie apocalypse; she's gonna need a man, Daryl, besides her faggot of a brother. Haven't I taught you how to treat a fuckin' woman? If you don't start treating her right, I'm gonna do it for you, and you're gonna regret it," Merle said harshly before spinning around to meet up with Harper.

"Hold on, princess, I'm comin!" Merle shouted, and Daryl even cringed when he saw his brother place his hand on her tanned shoulder.

"Where's Daryl?" he heard her ask, but he couldn't go running off to her now. Not after what Merle said.

"Dammit," he muttered, before stalking off to his room with his bottle of Southern Comfort.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'll get it eventually.." I sighed as I pulled on the doorknob.

Merle stood by my side, tapping his foot impatiently. After a couple of minutes, Merle had grown tired of waiting and lightly pushed me out of the way. I watched him in awe as he pushed the door open with ease.

"How did you—,".

"You were pullin' on the damn door when ya had ta push," Merle chuckled as he tapped my heels with his toes, urging me into my room. I trudged into my room as he flipped the lights on.

"Ew, turn those damned things off," I pleaded with him as I fell onto the bed. I allowed my eyes to close for a few seconds, but when I opened them, the room was pitch black.

"Turn them back on, turn them back on!" I yelped in a hurry.

"What, didn't think it would be dark? Not like we're living underground or anythin'," Merle muttered under his breath, but I ignored him. I looked at the digital clock that was at my bedside to see that it was around one in the morning.

"Hey Merle, can you go over to that drawer and grab me a pair of sweatpants?" I asked him sweetly, flashing him what I hoped was an award-winning smile. Merle looked at me like I was crazy before barking at me.

"What do you think I am, your damn servant? Get your own damn sweats!".

"Please? If Daryl was here, he would get them for me.." I begged him, sticking out my bottom lip.

"Well, Harper, I sure as hell ain't Daryl," Merle snapped, but to my enjoyment, he still grabbed a pair of sweatpants for me. Despite his begging, I went to the bathroom to change into my sweats before joining him cross-legged on the bed.

"So how do you feel 'bout my brother?" was the first thing that came out of Merle's mouth.

"Excuse me?" I squeaked, surprised.

I couldn't handle this right now, my head hurt. Couldn't he just let me sleep?

"Well, drunk people always tell the truth, right? How do ya feel 'bout my baby brother?" he asked me again.

I rolled my eyes before pulling back my new bed's covers.

"Let me go to bed, Merle. I'm tired,".

"Fine. I'll go get him to ask you,".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What!" I jumped up and chased after Merle, but he shut the door in my face, and I was too tired and too drunk to really care about opening it.

I hurried back over to my bedside table to click on my lamp before shutting on the overhead lights in the room. Now that the bed was illuminated, I hopped into bed, Merle's promise, forgotten.

"Merle said you wanted to talk to me?" Daryl asked from beside my bed, making me jump. I hadn't even heard the door open.

"What happened to knocking, Daryl?" I asked him, yawning.

"Stop that," he ordered shortly, squinting at me with those eyes of his.

"Stop what? Yawning?" I asked him, confused. The wave of alcohol had passed and I was ready to go to bed.

"Yeah. It's cute," he admitted, scratching at the back of his head. I chuckled before burying my head in my soft pillow.

"Go to bed, Daryl; you're drunk,".

"Okay," he shrugged his shoulders before falling into bed besides me, pulling the covers up to his neck. I looked at him with my mouth open in shock.

"I meant in your own bed, Dixon!".

"It's just too damn far, Walsh. I need my sleep too, you know," Daryl replied before pretending to have fallen asleep by letting out fake snores.

I started to giggle, so I tried to push him out of the bed.

"T'fuck you pushin' me out for, Walsh!" he asked me in annoyance, even though I could hear the playfulness in his voice.

"This is my bed, get your own, Dixon,".

I went silent as I felt Daryl's arm drape over my waist and pull my body into his.

"Just shut up and go to sleep, Barbie,".

I closed my eyes and leaned into his strong chest, listening to his breathing. I heard him click the lamp off before I spoke again.

"Night Ken,".

Something about the situation made me incredibly comfortable and for some reason, I knew that I could get used to it. When I was just starting to fall asleep again, Daryl started to pretend to snore obnoxiously again right in my ear.

"Daryl!" I shouted, shoving against his chest.

"What, what? You woke me up!" he groaned, shaking his head.

"Go to sleep, Daryl, I'm tired. Please!" I laughed, leaning into his chest again.

"I was sleeping, you jus' went and woke me up, loser," Daryl snorted, ruffling my hair.

I lifted my head to speak, but instead, I yawned right in his face.

"How attractive," he muttered, making me roll my eyes.

"You love it,".

"Not gonna lie, there,".
♠ ♠ ♠
okay, there it is. Chapter Six. so here's a fact: i almost fell asleep editing this chapter..i am SO konked right now-creds to merle for that one.

also, creds to merle for stepping up this chapter! i have lots of ideas for the three of them that will be coming into effect soon, so keep reading!

dont forget to review, PM, subscribe, favorite; whatever floats your damn boat!

***walking dead returns in less than ONE WEEK. YES.

I will keep writing after I get some much needed sleep and will hopefully see you all soon! love you all(:

"You believe in dead people walking around?"