Status: Active

Blood Lines

We Are On Our Way

I opened my eyes slightly and I could see blurred flashing lights. I tried to straighten out my vision but it wasn't working. I seen someone bending down to me and the person was still blurry.

"Ma'am? Can you hear me."

"Yes." I said weakly and I tried to move but I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Don't try to move. An ambulance is on its way." I kept still and I could feel my eyes becoming heavy. I couldn't help but close them and all the sounds faded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~VAL'S POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to someone pushing on my shoulder. I opened my eyes and seen Skylar.

"What is it baby?" I said rubbing my eyes as I sat up.

"I'm hungry." I picked up my phone and seen it was after 8.

"Is Roxy here?" I asked and he shook his head no.

"Go downstairs and wait for me. I'll be down in just a few minutes." I said and he nodded before leaving my room. I sat up in bed with Matt still sleeping so soundly beside me. I reached over and shook Matt shoulder and he looked over at me.

"What is it honey?"

"Roxy isn't here yet." I said getting out of bed.

"What time is it?"

"8:30. She's always here on time." I said putting on some clothes.

"Maybe she's just running late."

"Maybe but I think I'll call her and see if she is." I said grabbing my phone and leaving my room. I went down the stairs and into the kitchen where Skylar was sitting patiently for me. I looked through my phone and found Roxy's number and dialed it. It rang and rang and rang and no one answered. I started making breakfast for Skylar and decided I would just call her back in a few more minutes.

I finished breakfast and set the table and we all sat down at the table. I was almost finished with my plate when a knock came at the door. I hurried to my feet and rushed to the door.

"Roxy where have you...." I said opening the door but stopping in mid-sentence when a uniformed police officer stood there.

"Can I help you officer?" I asked opening the door fully.

"Yes are you Valary Sanders?"

"Yes sir." I said confused.

"I've come here on the behalf of Roxy Burns."

"Did something happen?" I asked franitcally.

"Miss Burns was involved in a car accident last night around 9 pm. She was transported to Huntington Beach Hospital."

"Thank you for telling me officer. I'm leaving right now to go there." I said nodding.

"You're welcome ma'am." I watched the officer walk away from the house and I shut the door and went into the kitchen.

"Who was at the door?"

"Hurry we need to get to the hospital. Roxy was involved in a car accident." I said grabbing my keys and slipping on my shoes.

"Skylar come on." I watched Matt pick up Skylar and we left the house and headed over to the hospital. When we got there Matt asked where Roxy was and a nurse told us she was in Intenisive Care and to take the elevator up to that Unit and someone would give us information on her condition.

When we stepped off the elevator, we went right up to a desk.

"We're looking for a Roxy Burns. She was transported here last night after a car accident." Matt said and the nurse had us follow her. She opened a door down the hall and we went in. I seen tubes all in her body and a bandage wrapped around her head, her eyes were bruised, a cast was on her right arm and leg.

"I'll alert the doctor and he'll come in and explain her condition."

"Thank you." I said as I sat down next to her bed. Skylar crawled into my lap and sat there looking at Roxy.

"Is she going to be okay mommy?"

"She'll be just fine." I said smiling down at him. I know I shouldn't give him false hope but I have to be positive about the situtation. The door opened and a doctor came in carrying a chart in his hands.

"Are you relatives of Roxy Burns?"

"Yes. What is her condition doctor?" Matt said standing to his feet.

"Not too good I'm afraid but she does have hope. She has a severe concussion from her head banged repeatedly on the door of her car, she had severe internal bleeding from a ruptured spleen but we were able to fix that, and she has a broken arm and leg. Right now she's in a coma so I have no idea when she'll wake up."

I sat there stunned to the bone at her being in a coma. She was having such a good time yesterday...how could it just change in an instant?

"Was there anyone else involved in the accident?" I asked looking over at the doctor.

"Yes. A Mr. Conner Burns. He died on impact of the crash."

"Roxy's father ran into her?" I said in shock.

"Yes Ma'am. When Roxy was awake, we told her about it and she didn't say anything."

"Thank you doctor and please do your very best for her." Matt said shaking his hand.

"We will sir." The doctor turned and walked out of the room shutting the door behind him.

"Stay here with Sky Matt while I go call the girls." I said standing to my feet and placing Sky right beside Roxy's still body. I left the room shutting the door behind me and I put my back against the wall and slid down it. How could something like this happen to such a sweet and innocent girl?
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?

thank you to my commentors: RazzyVengeance6661, ThisKitty, and sins-97

I really appreciate your comments! Thankz!