Status: Active

Blood Lines

Decisions

Roxy's been in this hospital now 2 months and there is not one sign that she's making an improvement. She's had 3 seizures in last week and the doctors had to take out a portion of her skull because of her swelling brain and since they don't think she's ever going to improve in her condition, we had her put on life support. Everyday all the girls and the guys come over here and sit with her. She has countless get well gifts from the manager and roadies but she doesn't seem to come around. We all still have hope that she will open her eyes and be herself again but the doctors aren't that optimistic about it. Everyday they come in telling us things we already know and are pushing us to sign a DNR otherwise known as a Do Not Resuscitate Order but we keep refusing to sign it. Jimmy always tells the doctors that she will wake up no matter if she's improving or not. I could never sign that paper. Roxy has so much to live for and we just can't take her life away like that.

Jimmy did get this wild idea which he turned into reality. Roxy's car was so damaged, no repair shop would fix it but Jimmy had some persuation on his side. He told a mechanic that he didn't care what it would cost to fix her car and get it back to running the way it did and a mechanic did agree to fix the car. Now we have it back and it's in our garage waiting for Roxy. The way it looked, it looked like no one ever had an accident in it. It looked brand new, right off the assembly line. I just hope that she wakes up so she can drive it again. I've went to her house everyday and made sure everything was cleaned and Skylar would go up to her room and lay on her bed until I was finished checking over the house. Then when it's time to leave he doesn't want to. It breaks my heart to see my son so devistated by what's happened but I don't think he understands.

Right now I'm the only one in the room with Roxy. The guys are recording and the girls are watching over Skylar for me since I didn't think it was a good idea for him to be around her at the moment. I just needed some alone time with her. I grabbed ahold of her good hand and closed my eyes.

"Lord...I know I haven't done this in a while but I really need your help. Roxy is a blessing to our family. Skylar loves her something awful and it would kill him if Roxy was to die. It would kill all of us if she were to leave us. I beg you to not take her from us...please God don't take her from this world. She's too young to go out like this and she deserves to live her life to the fullest and conquer her dreams. Please...just please don't take her away right now." I said with tears running down my face as I prayed. I just hope that he heard my prayer and keeps her with us...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ROXY'S POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked through the darkness hearing things that I just couldn't explain. I don't have the slightest clue where I am and it scares me to death. I looked ahead of me and seen a bright red light along with a bright white light and a person standing in the white. As I got closer to both of them, I looked into the red expanse and seen my father there behind a wall of bars. I looked into the white and puffy expanse and seen a woman standing there. I didn't recognize her but she was pulling me towards her. I stepped into the puffy mist and she smiled before ushering me to follow her and I did. I looked around and there was nothing but white. It was clean and pure and had a warming welcome to it. The woman in front of me stopped and stepped aside to a gate. The gate was pearly white and gold covered a walkway. I looked up at the woman and then she pointed towards the gate. I looked and seen another woman dressed all in white and I seen it was my mother.

The woman beside me took my hand and led me over to the gate where my mother stood with a smile on her face. I let go of the woman's hand and ran over to my mom where she grabbed me up into a hug. I never wanted to let her go. She sat me back on my feet and I looked up at her.

"I've missed you so much mom." I said smiling and letting a single tear run down my cheeks.

"I've miss you too Roxy but this place doesn't require your presence."

"Where am I anyways?" I asked looking around.

"This is heaven sweetheart. I belong here but you don't. Not right now."

"What do you mean? I don't want to leave you again." I said looking back up at my mother.

"I know and I don't want you to leave either but you have to go back and be with your new family. That little boy you are caring for would hate for you to leave his world and come to mine. Besides there's a lot of your life that you need to live."

"If you say I have to go then I will mom but I'm going to miss you even more now." I said hanging my head.

"I know you will but I'm always with you. I go where ever you go."

"When do I have to leave here?" I asked sadly.

"I'll walk you to the passage way back to your world." mom grabbed my hand and we walked slowly over to a black doorway. I hugged my mother once more for the longest time before she let me go.

"Live your life Roxy and never forget that I'm watching over you."

"I won't forget mom. I love you." I said hugging her for the last time before I was pulled in the darkness.


I heard the sound of beeping and I began to feel pain in my head. I opened my hurting eyes to bright lights and blinked a few times before my vision was clear. I scanned the room and seen I was in a hospital. I mean it did smell like one. I lifted my arm and seen tubes running in and out of them and felt a tube in my mouth. I turned my head slightly and seen Val with her eyes closed and saying some thoughtful words.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~VAL'S POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I opened my eyes and looked over towards Roxy and I swear I almost jumped right out of my skin with happiness.

"Roxy! Oh my gosh...welcome back." I said grabbing ahold of her hand again.

"Don't close your eyes...I'll be right back!" I said jumping to my feet and running out of the room and over to the desk.

"Get a Doctor please. Roxy just woke up!" I said smiling and she immediately got on the phone and not ever seconds later a doctor rounded the corner and I followed him into her room. He immediately went over to her and checked her out. The smile on his face told me that she was doing good.

"Roxy, this tube in your throat helping you to breathe doesn't need to be there anymore so I'm going to take it out." She nodded and the doctor started pulling the tube from her throat. Roxy coughed a little and then a nurse came in with a cup of water which she gladly took.

"How long was I out?"

"You've been in a coma for 2 months." I said sitting down beside her.

"2 months? What happened to me?"

"You don't remember?" I asked curiously.

"I remember being in the accident and blacking out then coming back into reality and seeing a man but he was blurred. He told me an ambulance was on it's way...that's the last thing I remember."

"Honey, your father was the one who ran into you...and he died in the accident." I said and she just looked at me without saying a word.

"My dad ran into me?"

"Yes." I said nodding.

"And he's dead?" I nodded again and she just shrugged it off.

"So anyways...what were my injuries that caused me to stay in this coma for 2 months?"

"You had a severe concussion, a rupture spleen which the doctor fixed, you have a broken arm and leg, and several cuts and bruises." I said rubbing her hand.

"Now we need to schedule a surgery to put a bone back on your skull because of the swelling. I'll go do that now if no one has any objections."

"How long after the surgery will I need to stay here?" Roxy asked looking over at the doctor.

"About another week. When you're home, you'll need to rest for at least 2 weeks. No heavy lifting and and don't get up too fast or you'll give yourself a really bad headache."

"Thank you doctor." I said shaking his head and he left shutting the door behind him.

"I'm going to go and call Matt and the others and tell them you're awake." I said smiling.

"Alright. I'll be here." I laughed and made my way over to the door and leaving. The guys and the girls are going to be out of their minds to know the news and I certainly know Skylar will be jumping all over the room when he finds out.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?

thank you everyone for the comments and this is the only chapter I will be posting today because I have places to go. I'll b back tomorro though and I just might give you readers 2 chapters.