Status: Active

Blood Lines

There's No Need To Apologize

I looked at this bitch as I held my face.

"Let go of me Brian! This bitch needs to be taught a lesson!"

"There will be no fighting around my child!" Val said stepping in between Michelle and I.

"Don't take that little whore's side Val! You're my sister not hers!"

"It doesn't matter if I'm your sister or not! You know there is no cussing or fighting near my child! I don't want bad influences on him." Val said as Skylar ran over to my side.

"Even that little brat takes her side!"

"That's because he likes her more than you! The reason we put an ad in the paper for a babysitter is because he asked us and begged us for months not to send him to your house!" Matt said from the grill.

"Shut the fuck up Matt! No one asked for your fucking input on this conversation."

"I'll take Sky into the house." I said finally speaking. I turned around and lead Skylar to the door but I felt myself being pulling back by the hair and I looked as Michelle was about to punch me but Skylar started hitting on her backside. She turned around and back handed the little boy making him fall into the pool. I jumped in and immediately grabbed him bringing him out of the water. I got out of the pool and took him to the patio sitting him down and wrapping my towel around him. He coughed furiously as I patted him on the back. He looked up at me and immediately started balling his eyes out. Everyone including me looked over at Michelle with complete and total shock at what she had just done.

"You sit here Skylar." I said wrapping him up better in the towel and he nodded. I walked right up to Michelle and punched her right in the face. She fell to the ground holding her nose.

"I don't know what the fuck is going through that goddamn mind of yours but you better and you better listen fucking good. I don't mind you putting your hands on me but don't you ever put your hands on another child in anger. I'm not doing anything with Brian because we just met and he was being nice to me. I've had more shit done to me in my short ass life than you could have in yours. Now don't you ever and I mean ever touch Skylar again like that because if you do, you'll be in a whole world of hurt that you won't be able to get out of. Do you understand me?" I said pointing my finger down at her as she laid there. She moved away from me and stood to her feet. I glared at her with the look of death as she turned to Brian.

"I'll have my things out before you get home tonight."

"You took the words right out of my mouth." Brian said crossing his arms over his chest. She left the house without another word and I went over to Skylar and picked him up and took him into the house. I brought him upstairs and into his room and sat him on his bed and I got him a change of clothing out fo his closet.

"Can you put these clothes on for me while I go into to bathroom and put mine on?" I asked and he nodded. I grabbed my clothes leaving the room and going into the bathroom and changing out of the bathing suit and into my regular clothes. I left the bathroom and went back into Skylar's as he was trying to put on his shirt. I gently took it from him and put his little arms through before sliding it down his body.

"Why did aunt Michelle try and hurt me?"

"I don't think she meant too Sky." I said as he latched onto my side.

"She hit me." I looked into his eyes as they started to tear up.

"Shh don't cry Skylar." I said pulling him int my chest and rocking him from side to side. I picked him up and sat down on the bed letting him sit on my lap. I tried to think of a way to get him to quiet down his crying but nothing was coming to mind....then it hit me. My mom used to sing this one song from a movie I always watched. It always made me quiet down and got to sleep at the same time.

Baby mine...don't you cry
Baby I'm by your side
Rest your head close to my heart
Never too far
Baby of mine


I sang it slowly as I rocked Skylar back and forth in my arms. I watched as the sweet young boy dozed off in my arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~BRIAN'S POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I needed to apologize to Roxy for what Michelle had done. I already pleaded with Val and Matt not to chop off my balls and feed them to a stray dog but they told me I had nothing to apologize for. I do feel responcible for what Michelle did to Skylar. I could have stopped her better and I even explained that but they just wouldn't let me apologize to them. I walked into the house as everyone sat around the pool drinking and listening to music and I went upstairs. I looked in the cracked door of Skylar's room and I seen Roxy rocking Skylar back and forth in her arms while singing to him. She has a beautiful and such a gentle sounding voice. She got up from her place at the bed and continued to sing to the little boy and I opened the door more and leaned against the doorframe. She placed him on the bed and covered up my sleeping Nephew and planted a sweet kiss on his forehead. She turned around and silently gasped as she seen me. I couldn't help but chuckle lowly.

"What are you trying to do to me?" she said placing her hand over her heart.

"I'm sorry. I was just wanting to talk to you."

"What about?" she asked as she walked past me and I shut the door quietly.

"I just wanted to say how sorry I am for the actions of Michelle."

"There's no need to apologize for her Brian. I don't regret punching her in the face for what she did to Sky and what kind of a person would I be if I hadn't jumped in that pool and got him out. He's my responcibility and if he was to get seriously hurt I don't know what I would do." She said walking over to the stairs and sitting down. I sat down and she turned her head away from me and I gently pulled her face back so she could look at me. I seen the tears and I wiped them away.

"Hey now don't cry." I said wiping more tears away.

"I'm sorry. It's just that I love that kid like he's my own."

"I do too and I will protect him with my life but what I don't understand is why you're crying." I said pulling her closer to me.

"Skylar has the perfect family life. He has a mom and a dad that love him very much and wants whats best for him. He has 4 Uncles that are very nice and kind to him...I've never had anything like..."

"Like what Roxy?" I asked confused.

"I'm sorry...I need to go home. Please tell Matt that I had a great time and Skylar is in bed and I'll be back at 8 in the morning." She stood to her feet and stuck her hand into her pocket getting out her keys as she ran down the steps and out the door. Matt came into the hall as I came to the bottom step of the stairs.

"Why did Roxy leave?"

"That's what we need to talk about. She was upset about what Michelle did but I apologized and then she started talkign about how Skylar has a mom and dad that love him very much and want whats best for him and he has us as his uncles that are kind and caring to him. Then she said she had nothing like..I asked her like what and she just stormed out." I explained as we went into the kitchen.

"That's interesting. Maybe I can get Val to talk to her about what happened."

"Would you? She seemed upset about something and I bet something is going on with her." I said grabbing another beer.

"I will. I'll talk to Val in the morning before Roxy gets here." I just hope there isn't anything wrong with her. I don't know what to really think about her just walking out like that without saying goodbye to at least Val. Maybe she'll talk to Val and get everything out and in the open.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments? yes i know i said I wouldnt be back until after I was better but I do feel a whole lot better than i did a few days ago.

Thank you to my commenter RazzyVengeance6661