Status: Active

Blood Lines

Getting Everything Off My Chest

I woke up to my alarm blaring Bullet For My Valentine once again this morning and I shut it off. I sat up in bed placing my feet on the floor and remembering what happened yesterday. I almost told Brian what happened in my family. No one needs to know what happened. I really don't need anyone sympathy about something I couldn't control. I got up from my bed and went to my closet and grabbed some clothes for a nice warm shower to calm my nerves. I let the water flow down my back and it eased the tension I had from yesterday and all my muscles were finally calmed. I got out of the shower and quickly dried off before putting on my clothes and my shoes. I put my dirty clothes into the laundry basket and headed downstairs to eat. I looked through the cabinets and even the fridge and there wasn't anything to eat. I sat down at my table and just drunk the coffee I had and waited for the time I should get to Val's house.

I looked down at my phone after the fourth cup of coffee and it was time to go. I left my house and got into my car and headed to Matt's. I pulled into their driveway not 5 minutes later and cut off the engine. I laid my head back and took a deep breath preparing myself for a full day with Skylar and I didn't want him to notice I was still upset about the events of yesterday. I sighed loudly as I got out of the car and went up the door and opening it.

"Val?" I yelled as I shut the door behind me.

"I'm in the kitchen!" I walked down the short hallway and into the kitchen where Val sat already dressed but Skylar wasn't there.

"Where's Skylar?" I asked entering the kitchen.

"He's at my mom's for the day. I would like to talk to you if that's alright."

"Of Course." I said smiling.

"Please sit down." I nodded and sat down at the table next to her.

"Roxy, you're the best person I know to take care of Sky but I do need to know something."

"What?" I asked confused.

"Why did you leave in such a rush for?"

"Oh I remembered that I had some things to do at the house before I had to come back here today." I said lying through my teeth once again.

"Please don't lie to me. Brian told Matt, which he told me, about what you said to him last night on the staircase."

"It was nothing really Val." I said getting up from the table and leaning on the counter.

"It wasn't? Then why when I asked Skylar this morning about you, he said he promised not to tell anyone what happened. I got him to finally tell me and he said a man approached you at the park threatening you." I looked down at the floor knowing something like this would finally have to come out but I didn't think it would this soon.

"Roxy please just talk to me. I promise you it won't change anything."

"The man who approached me in the park was...my father." I said as I looked back up at Val.

"Your father? I thought he was in Germany?"

"No...he's been in Santa Monica with his new family for 3 years now." I said going back over to the tabl and sitting down. I know if I tell Val everything then it will take a lot out of me.

"What do you mean new family?" Val sat back down in her seat next to me and gently grabbed my hand.

"For as long as I can remember, my dad has been avoiding me. When my mother passed away and I had to tell him he acted like he didn't even care. He didn't shed one tear at her funeral. The next day a lawyer came to the house and we all sat around while he told us about a Will she had made out. My dad didn't know anything about it and Mr. Hardy told him because he had nothing in his name and everything was in hers, he didn't need to know about it and my mom wanted to keep it private. Anyways, when Mr. Hardy was reading her Will, mom had left me everything. Her 1969 Camaro, all her prized possessions, a secret bank account with 600,000 dollars in it, and the house. My dad got mad when she left him nothing but words. I found out that she didn't give anything to my dad because of he told her when she was pregnant with me that he didn't want to be tied down to some stupid child.

She had instructed Mr. Hardy to make sure my dad was to leave the house and to never come back or he would be arrested for trespassing. My dad did leave but before he did he told me that after mom had died he left and got married to a new woman that he had been seeing ever since mom told him she was pregnant. When I turned 16, Mr. Hardy took me to get my permit and then if I needed anything else to contact him. I hadn't seen my dad until he approached me in the park with Sky. He called me a whore and then wanted me to give him the rights over the money and I know he wants the house too. He said if I didn't give it to him, that I would pay one way or another." I explained as I remembered everything that happened that day. I could still see the anger my father had in his eyes as he heard the things told to him and the anger in his eyes on the day Skylar and I were in the park.

"Oh my gosh...Roxy I'm so sorry but you don't have to worry about anything. I'll personally make sure nothing happens to you."

"What can you do Val?" I asked curiously.

"I'll figure out something. Don't you worry about a thing." I nodded and felt her squeeze my hand and smile at me and I couldn't help but smile back. She was being so nice to me and she's the first person to actually be somewhat of a mother figure to me and I would consider everyone I met yesterday to be like family.

"Now since I don't have to work today, how about me and you go to the mall with some oter people and have a nice and relaxing day."

"Yeah...that sounds like fun." I said nodding and wiping away a tear that had escaped my eye. Val picked up her phone and dialed a number before putting it to her ear and talking to someone. I think today is what I need. A girl's day out of some sort. Val got off the phone several minutes later and we left the house. We got into her car and she drove us to 3 different houses and each girl we picked up introduced themselves. Lacey was Johnny's girlfriend, Gena was Zacky's, and Leana was with Jimmy. They were all so nice to me and I'm really glad to have met them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Come on silent readers! please leave comments. Those little words of "liking" really get my spirit up.