Secrets

Chapter One

~Harry's POV~
"Lads, this is it! Our biggest concert yet!" Niall exclaimed. He was jumping up and down with utter excitement. Not that I blamed him, we were all excited, Niall just showed it more than us.
"Yeah, and it's sold out!" Zayn laughed. We were walking through the busy streets of London, just the five of us. It was the first time we'd been able to go out like this in ages. Nobody-body guards, nothing. Although we weren't always along; every few minutes a couple of fans came up to us and asked for a picture, or an autograph, or something like that. Some celebrities hate this, I don't know why. It's just so nice to see how much our fans love us, besides; we love our fans and honestly, we would do anything for them. Just then, a girl walked right into us, pulling me out of my daydream.
"I'm so sorry." She said, her head fixtated on the ground. She didn't look up, so we couldn't see her face. She wasn't like the other girls, who would scream if they bumped into us; she just kept her head hung, eyes low and stood there, silent.
"Thats okay," Liam smiled. She sniffled and then looked up. She had tears streaming down her face and she was sobbing quietly. She stared at me, she didn't look at me like the other fans did, though; she looked at me as if she knew me. As if she really knew me. She had pain and sorrow shining in her bright eyes. A kind of pain I knew, a kind I had experienced. A pain full of heartbreak.
"Are you okay?" Niall asked the crying girl.
"Does she look like she's okay? What's wrong?" Liam asked. We all knew she wasn't, but Niall was trying to make her feel better. Liam knew it, I could tell, but that's really just how Liam is. Liam is almost like that father in our band; the sensitive sensible one. Mind you, he can have fun, Liam can be crazy if he wants to.
"I-I'm fine. It's really nothing." The girl said, her voice barley a whisper. I could tell it wasn’t just nothing, but I didn't want to force her into saying anything. So I just stayed silent.
"You can tell us." Liam told the girl. She looked away from me and faced Liam.
"It's nothing. I just miss my brother." Her voice trembled. I wasn't so sure. I mean, that was probably the case, but there was definitely a lot more detail to her reply. I could tell by the far, distant look in her eyes. She turned her head to face me again, but as soon as she looked at me, she burst into tears once more. It was almost as if I had caused her the pain. I knew it was stupid, but it was how it made me feel, and it was a terrible feeling.
"Don't worry," Louis started to comfort her, holding her in his arms. She wiped her tears with her sleeve and looked up at him, giving him a small smile.
"Thank you," She said. She looked slightly better as she turned to leave in the other direction.
"Stay with us!" Niall stopped her. She looked up, taken aback by Niall's outburst. He was probably too enthusiastic.
"If you don't mind." She thanked, looking at us. Her gaze once again stopped when it came to me. She just looked at me and smiled. I don't know what it was about her, but it was like I knew her. Of course, that was crazy. I have never met a girl like her. Not even one that looked like her. She was a cute little girl with such an innocent, greeting smile. Her eyes were a dark, chocolatey brown and she had silky, bright red hair.
"You're sure you're okay?" Liam quizzed.
"Yes," She lied and gave a fake smile. I could tell it was fake because it was a smile I would normally show friends at school; the smile that fooled everyone, even the guys.
"Great! Let's take you shopping." Liam offered. She opened her handbag, took out her purse, but frowned when she looked inside.
"I've got no money, I can't." She quickly snapped her purse and put it away. Louis friendly laughed.
"No, don't worry. We'll pay." Louis told her. She smiled gratefully, but then shook her head.
"No, I cannot let you. It will take so long for me to pay you back." She said.
“You don’t have to,” Niall chirped in.
“Okay,” she smiled and was led her off down the street by Liam, with the rest of us following behind. We went into many clothes shops until we came to a shop where the girl brought many clothes. There were dresses and skirts and many other clothes. The girl was in a great better mood by this time so everything was great for everyone. When we finished shopping, Liam paid and we went into a coffee shop. We all sat down around a table.
“By the way, what’s your name?” asked Zayn.
“Katie. Katie Johnson,” she replied. Suddenly, I got tears in my eyes threatening to spill and there was a lump in my throat. A few tears rolled down my cheek and I stood there, silent. They were all staring at me. Probably wondering why I was so upset. Well, the guys were, Katie just stared at me with a knowing look. She looked sorry for me, like she knew what was going on. But she didn’t, she couldn’t possibly know what was wrong, she only just met me.
“I’ve got to go,” I stuttered and ran off. I ran past many stalls, going through alley-ways. While I was running, my phone went off. I didn’t answer it though, I couldn’t face anyone. I ran and ran and before I knew it, I didn’t know where I was. I didn’t care though, I had to get away. I sat down on a bench with my head in my hands letting my tears flow freely.
I couldn’t do it anymore. I couldn’t just pretend everything was okay, I thought I could, until I heard her name. It just brought back so many memories, so many bad memories, of that day. It was eight years ago but I still remember that day as if it was yesterday. It was when I was ten. I had been over at a sleepover at my friend Jamie’s house; away from dad.
But then, really, is he really my dad? I know he is technically my dad, but isn’t your father someone you love, someone who loves you? But I didn’t love him; I hated him. I hated him and I still do. I hate him for that day. I got home from Jamie’s house when mum was sitting on the sofa. She ran over to me with tears in my eyes.
“She’s dead! Your father killed her!” she sobbed.
“Katie’s dead! Dad killed a five year old girl!” I cried. That night, dad was cheerful. He only beat me twice, and not even with his stick. I hate him for that day. He killed my little sister and I will never forgive him for that.
I suppose that was the best thing about travelling so much; before one direction, I was stuck at home with that monster. He used to beat me every day, he said that if he didn’t beat me, he would beat mum for the both of us. I couldn’t let him do that to her.
It was worse when he was in a bad mood, or when he was drunk; I would live in constant fear, hoping I wouldn’t say or do anything to set him off. It was even worse, because he hit mum too. I would do something, he would get angry and he would beat me and mum, and I hated it.
I tried to be good though, stay out of his way, but then again, I didn’t have to do anything. I could stay in my room all day and he wouldn’t see me, he wouldn’t hear me, but he would still come and beat me, and mum. Mum couldn’t take it; I could tell she was trying to act brave, like it couldn’t faze her, but sometimes, when dad didn’t come home, I would hear her crying to herself.
I always thought it was my fault though. My grades weren’t high enough or I didn’t look smart enough. I let him make me believe that, but now I know it wasn’t my fault. He was a monster, and I hate him.
A loud beep snapped my out of my thoughts. I looked at my phone. It was a text from Zayn. I opened it up.
Are you okay? xx
I read the message, took a deep breath and put the phone down. I didn’t want to answer him. I wanted to be by myself, to think. Well, I know there was nothing to think about but still, I needed to get away. Just then, my phone beeped again, I looked at my phone again.
Where are you? xx
This time, it was Louis who texted. Again, I didn’t reply. I wanted to be alone. But I soon got another text.
Talk to us, we’re all worried about you
This time, it was Zayn. I decided to text back, let them know I’m okay and stuff.
I’m okay just needed space. Meet you at 7 at the stadium for the concert. Love you guys xxx
And I sent it to Liam. I knew he would respect the fact that I needed space. He was the most sensitive one of all of us. He was the one I could always go to, but even I couldn’t go to him about this. I didn’t have to wait long for a reply, as in a few seconds, he replied.
Okay, love you too xx
I put my phone in my pocket and sighed heavily. Wait, what I did was so rude. As soon as Katie said her name, I left. She must have felt terrible, like she did something, but she did nothing.
I stood up and jogged towards a florist. I picked up a bouquet of lots different coloured flowers and left. Then I glanced at my phone. It was six o’ clock, so I started to walk towards the stadium to meet the guys.

Liam
“What happened?” Katie asked. As soon as her name was mentioned, he went upset. Maybe he dated a Katie, or something along those lines. But whatever it was, it was weird. Harry is never upset; he is Mr happy.
“I’m not sure,” I replied watching direction in which Harry disappeared.
“It’s my fault, isn’t it?” she blamed herself. I knew she would. She had no reason not to; it definitely looked like it was her fault. But I knew him better than that; I knew here was something more; I just wasn’t sure what it was.
“No of course it’s not!” I told her. Of course she wouldn’t believe me. We had just brought a few clothes and Harry was in a good mood until Katie introduced herself. Then Harry left. It didn’t make any sense. Why would he just leave like that? It was just unusual, I mean, I would understand if it was Niall, he’s been rather distant lately but not Harry, he just wasn’t that kind of person, to get upset.
“Maybe someone should call him,” Katie suggested. I knew she meant well but I knew it wouldn’t work. I decided I would try anyway.
“Harry won’t pick up, but we can give it a try,” I replied. I took out my phone and dialled his number. He didn’t pick up though so I hanged up the phone and put it in my pocket again.
“Should we go and look for him?” Niall asked. That might actually work.
“Okay, everyone split up, and at five, meet up outside the café on king street,” I told them. Then we all parted ways. After an hour of looking for him, I headed to King Street where I met the rest of the guys and Katie.
“Any luck?” Louis asked the rest of us.
“No,” the rest of us answered. I was disappointed. Harry was vulnerable and alone and I was worried about him; we all were.
“I’ll text him, see if he’s okay,” Zayn told us. After he sent the message we waited anxiously for a reply. There was none. I was starting to get really worried, this is not Harry, he is not thinking straight, he could be in all sorts of trouble.
“Let me try,” Louis offered. He sent a text to Harry and put his phone back into his jeans. After a while of waiting, we went inside and sat at a table. Then I turned to Katie.
“Katie, are you coming to the show?” I asked. I knew it wasn’t the most appropriate question for the situation, but I wanted to lift the mood.
“No, I couldn’t get tickets,” she replied with a small frown. She didn’t look upset though, just a little disappointed.
“We can get you in. You’d have to watch from backstage though,” I told her. She smiled gratefully.
“No, it’s fine, I didn’t get the tickets quick enough, I shouldn’t still get to see the show,” she told me with a smile on her face. It slowly faded into a frown. She seemed dazed.
“Okay, you should meet us after the concert at Nandos. It will be at around eight,” Niall chirped in.
“Sure,” she said. But she looked distant, deep in thought.
“Is everything okay?” I asked her. She came out of her daydream and looked at me. Then she smiled.
“Yeah, of course. I just hope Harry’s okay,” she replied.
“Me too,” I told her.
“We better get going, it’s going for quarter past six,” Louis told us so we all said our good byes to Katie and left for the stadium.
We got to the stadium at quarter to seven and found Harry asleep laying on a sofa in the dressing rooms. He was wearing a dressing gown and a pair of boxers and looked so peaceful. I wanted to let him sleep but we had to go on stage in a while and none of us were ready.
“Harry, wake up,” I called while shaking him gently. His eyes fluttered open and smiled when he saw me.
“Hey, sorry about earlier, I’ve just been tired,” he lied. I could tell he was lying because he was playing with his fingers. He always did that when he was lying. But I decided to let him believe he was fooling me.
“It’s fine, are you okay now?” Zayn asked.
“Of course, I think I just needed a sleep,” he laughed. Just then, our stylist, Lou Tisdale walked in holding her daughter.
“Baby Lux!” Harry screamed and ran over to them. Lou laughed and passed baby lux over to him. He gave her a big kiss and hug and went to his chair. He sat baby lux on his laps while Lou started on his hair. He sat playing with baby lux’s feet. When he finished getting his hair done, he put baby lux down and got dressed quickly, and then he picked up baby lux and took her to his apple mac, where they played until the concert.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like it guys. This is my first fan-fic so I hope it's good. Please comment if you like it!