Secrets

Chapter Three

Katie’s POV

“Move!” I group of guys shouted in my face, waking me up. I opened my eyes slowly, blinded by the sun.

“I said move!” the tallest guy said. I stood up stumbling as I started to run away. I didn’t know where to go, so I wondered the streets looking for something to eat. I couldn’t see anything lying around so I decided to go look in the bins of the restaurants. I cringed at the thought of climbing in the bins as I walked over to Nando’s.

I walked around the back quietly, when I saw a half burger on the floor. I walked over to it and picked it up, inspecting it. The meat was looking good but the bread was going green with mould. The cheese was all mouldy but there was nothing I could do, I needed my three meals a day and this was as good as I would get. I scratched off most of the mould from the bread and put it towards my mouth. I took a large bite, and pulled a face at the taste. I put the rest of it in my bag and carried on walking.

As I went past the entrance of Nando’s, I saw Niall. I couldn’t let him see me like this. I can’t let any of them know that I was homeless, ate from the streets. What would they think of me then? I ran away from where he was, till I was at a park. I saw a river so I took off my shoes and socks and sat down, dangling my feet in the water.

“Hey!” Niall shouted behind me, making me jump slightly. I looked up at him.

“Hey,” I replied. He sat down next to me.

“Sorry I scared you,” he told me. I blushed stupidly.

“It’s alright,” I smiled.

“Urm, did you sleep okay, you look kind of tired,” he said. Shit! Does he know something? How could this happen? I was so careful. I fiddled with my hands, not knowing what to say. He looked at me, looking guilty. “I am so sorry, I didn’t mean you looked bad, just tired, I promise!” he stuttered. I smiled.

“Yeah, I know. I actually didn’t have a great sleep,” I admitted. He rubbed my back gently.

“Aww, how come?” he asked. I sighed. I didn’t really have anything to say. I couldn’t tell him the real reason I didn’t sleep properly and I wasn’t good at making up excuses; especially on the spot.

“Do I have to say?” I asked. He shook his head.

“No, of course not. I would love if you could tell me but it’s okay if you don’t want to,” he told me. I shook my head slowly. Just then, my stomach rumbled.

“And I’m guessing you didn’t have breakfast,” he told me. I shook my head.

“Haha, with your lucky guesses, you should go on a game show,” I tried to joke. He just looked at me seriously. I put my head down slightly, feeling embarrassed.

“Look, you have to have breakfast, come on, I’ll treat you,” he said standing up. He extended his hand helping me up. I took it gratefully and stood up, following him. He took me to a café and ordered me a sandwich and hot chocolate. Then we waited for the food to come.

Niall’s POV

We waited for the food to come and her stomach rumbled again. Just then, her meal came. I paid and she picked up the sandwich appreciatively. She took a huge bite, then another, and another, sighing in content. She looked so cute eating.

I couldn’t remember the last time I saw a girl eat properly; they are all watching their diets, only nibbling at their food. Not her. I watched her eating, smiling. She saw me and put her food down instantly. She wiped her mouth.

“I am so sorry, I didn’t mean to be piggish, I am just so hungry,” she apologised. I shook my head.

“No, no, eat. I was just admiring how you can eat comfortably, unlike many other girls,” I told her.

“More like I’m eating like a pig unlike other girls,” she muttered to herself. I could tell I wasn’t meant to hear it so I just acted like I didn’t. I smiled once more and she carried on eating her sandwich. Then, she slowly sipped down the scorching hot chocolate.

When she finished, we left the café. We walked around for a while until we came to a park. We sat on a bench calmly. I started to sing to myself and she became absolutely silent. Suddenly, I felt a slight weight on my shoulder. I turned to my side to see Katie fast asleep on my shoulder.

As I turned, her head slipped and fell, resting on my lap. I smiled and kissed her forehead. She squirmed a little until she was lying completely on the bench; her head snuggled in my lap. Her chest rose and fell with each breath and she looked so peaceful.

Watching her, my phone vibrated. I took it out of my pocket and read the text.

I mean it, if you value your life, QUIT ONE DIRECTION

I sighed heavily. I didn’t get her problem. I texted her back, if it was a girl.

I’m not scared of you

I waited for a reply.

Well you should be, and go home!!

I decided not to reply. I looked at my watch and it was 12:30, I’m meant to be home in half an hour. I thought about waking Katie up, but knowing that she didn’t have a good sleep, and seeing her so peacefully now, I couldn’t. It wouldn’t be right. I picked her up bridal style and started to walk home. She was very light so it didn’t matter and we were home quickly.

When I approached the house, I draped Katie over my shoulder and reached in my pocket with my free hand, getting my keys. I let myself in and walked upstairs. I put Katie in my bed and kissed her on the forehead before leaving the room closing it behind me.

Louis’ POV

I just finished getting dressed and left my room. I know it was late, but I was tired, it was a long night last night. I went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth, then, proceeded to leave the room. I heard quiet snoring in Niall’s room and slowly went in to investigate. Curled up in his bed was that girl we met yesterday, what was her name? Kayla? Hmm no, that’s not right. Oh yes, Katie. I smiled at her, as she slept peacefully. Wait, why was she here?

I ran down the stairs in search of Niall.

“Niall, why is Katie in your bed?” I asked. He smiled.

“We were hanging out at the park a while ago and she fell asleep so I brought her home,” he said simply. I smiled my grin wide.

“Is it now?” I joked.

“Of course,” he said.

“Really?” I egged him on.

“Yes it is, now just leave it,” he shouted and stormed off. He stomped into the room and shut the door locking it.

“Niall, I was kidding, I’m sorry,” I tried to call. He didn’t answer. I knocked on the door. “Come on Niall, you’ve got to know I was messing around. Please open the door,” I pleaded with him. He still didn’t reply. I started banging on the door loudly. Suddenly, the door swung open, Niall was looking at me, with a mad look on his face.

“Be quiet, Katie is trying to sleep. She didn’t sleep well,” he shouted in a whispering tone. I slapped my forehead.

“I forgot, sorry,” I couldn’t explain as he had already walked away. I walked in after him. “Please, I am so sorry,” I started to explain.

“Look, I know you were joking, I wasn’t even mad at you, I just had other stuff on my mind. Don’t worry,” he smiled at me. I could see the sadness in his eyes though.

“Are you okay?” I asked. He nodded.

“Yeah,” I didn’t believe him though. I decided not to ask as he obviously didn’t want to tell me.

“Okay, but if you need to talk, I’m here,”

“So is Liam,” he laughed. I joined in with him.

“Yeah, he’s a better listener then me, but you can talk to me anyway,” I told him. He nodded. I squeezed his shoulder and left the room closing the door behind him.

Niall’s POV

After being in my room for a while, I left too and went into our games room. Just then, I got another text. I expected it to be the same person as before. I turned on my phone and looked at my messages.

Hey, what you doing later?

I smiled. It was only Liam.

Hey, nothing much, why?

I sent the message smiling. Since I got home, I haven’t gotten any texts from that number. How do they even know me and how do they have my number? My phone beeped, taking me out of my thoughts.

Great, get ready, we’re going out!!

I smiled and went back to my room to get ready. As I walked in, I remembered Katie. She was still asleep and I couldn’t leave her here alone. I walked over to the bed and shook her.

“Katie, wake up,” I whispered. Her eyes opened slightly. I shook her again.

“I’m moving, I’m moving,” she mumbled. She stood up, slowly stumbling, and carried on walking. I ran over to her, placing my hands on her shoulder, trying to steady her. “I moved, leave me alone,” she half shouted.

“Katie, it’s me,” I told her. Her eyes opened and she turned to look at me.

“Oh, sorry,” she said, rubbing her eyes.

“No, it’s fine. Sorry I had to wake you up. We’re going out and I couldn’t leave you here alone,” I explained.

“Oh, okay, don’t worry, I’ll leave,” she said, suddenly looking slightly sad.

“No, I was wondering if you wanted to come too,” I told her. She perked up again. The cute, happy side of her came out and I smiled.

“Oh, urm sure, could I use your bathroom to freshen up?” She asked.

“Sure, it’s just through the doors and left. It’s at the end,” I told her she nodded, sleepily. She looked so cute as she walked away. I sat on my bed waiting. I started tapping my finger and humming a tune.

Suddenly I heard a loud scream coming from the bathroom. I ran and opened the bathroom door. I saw Katie in the bath tub soaking wet. The bathtub was full of water and soap. Just then, Zayn walked in wearing nothing but a maroon towel.

“Oh my goodness, what is Katie doing my MY bathtub?” he screamed. I turned to him about to explain, then realised I didn’t actually know.

“Yeah, Katie, what are you doing?” I asked. I realised she still didn’t get up so I ran to the bath picking her up. She started coughing madly.

“Is she okay?” Zayn asked.

“Katie, what’s wrong?” I asked her.

“Nothing, I just can’t swim, and this bath is like a swimming pool,” she coughed.

“Oh, but how did you fall in?” I asked her. Zayn looked at her intimidatingly. I shot him a leave her alone look.

“I was feeling dizzy so I sat on the edge of the bath. I slipped and fell in,” she told us. Suddenly, Zayn burst out laughing. I walked over to him and flicked him on the head.

“Stop being mean!” I told him. He stuck his tongue out at me.

“Come to my room and we’ll get you cleaned up. Come on,” I told her. As she started to walk, I saw her legs ready to cave in. I ran up to him and picked her up, taking her to my room. When I put her down she quickly went out.

“I’ll stay here,” she told me. I furrowed my eyes.

“Why?”

“I don’t want to wet your room,” she told me. I smiled at her cuteness.

“Don’t worry, its fine,” I told her and she came inside.

“Thanks,” she smiled shyly.

“No problem,” I went to my closet. I took out my briefs, a blue t-shirt, a pair of joggers and a Justin Beiber jumper. Here, wear this, I’ll go out while you get changed,” I told her and left the room. I went back into the living room, relaxed.

Katie’s POV

I looked at the clothes he had given me. I started to undress out of my soaking clothes. Once I was fully undressed, I looked around. I saw a towel and rubbed myself dry, and then I dropped in on the floor. I picked up the briefs and looked at them. Just then the door swung open. I turned to see Zayn frozen at the door.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH” I screamed in shock. I grabbed the blanket on the bed, covering myself, dropping all of Niall’s clothes on the floor. In seconds, Louis, Harry, Liam and Niall were all in the room too.

“What’s wrong? Is everyone okay?” Liam shouted. I nodded.

“I am so sorry, I thought Niall was in here,” Zayn apologised.

“It’s okay,” I told him, he smiled back. I looked at the boys, noticing Louis in hysterics.

“Stop laughing, it’s not funny!” me and Zayn shouted at the same time.

“Sorry,” he said, putting his head down.

“Okay guys, leave her to get ready, I’m sure she doesn’t want anyone seeing her naked,” Niall told everyone. I blushed.

“Yeah, too late,” Zayn said in a tiny voice.

“Oh my god! Zayn’s a perv!” Louis giggled. Zayn shot him a glare.

“Let’s just leave and let her change,” Zayn said. His hands were clenched. Liam nodded.

“Yes, let’s leave her alone,” he said. I smiled shyly, blushing as they left the room. I quickly ran out from the side of the bed, and picked up the clothes from the floor. I quickly slipped into his black briefs, and put on his blue t-shirt. Then, I sat down on the bed. I took the jogging bottoms and slipped into them easily as they were so big on me. As soon as I stood up, they fell down. I sighed as I pulled them up again, tightening them. It was no use though, they fell down straight away.

I went over to Niall’s closet and looked for more trousers. Nothing was going to fit me, I could tell. I folded clothes and put them back, returning to the bed. I put on the blue t-shirt and purple Justin Beiber jumper and went to the mirror; I pulled down the briefs until they looked like shorts and went downstairs.

Everyone’s eyes were on me as soon as I walked into the living room. I looked down feeling shy.

“Where are the joggers?” Niall asked me. I looked up at him. He had a confused expression on his face.

“Oh, they didn’t fit me,” I replied. He was staring at me with a small smile on his face and I started feeling uncomfortable in his gaze. I started moving around slightly, playing with my hair, as I always did when I was nervous.

“Come upstairs with me. I’m sure something in my closet will fit,” he told me. I shook my head.

“I already looked. Sorry for not asking first,” I told him. I don’t know why I didn’t ask him first, I know I should have.

“No, it’s fine,” he smiled, his eyes still on me.

“Your clothes are in the dryer by the way,” Liam informed me, and I nodded.

“Come, sit down,” Harry told me patting next to him. I sat down next to him, sitting up straight. I needed to make a good impression.

“You know, you can relax, we all are,” Louis chirped in. He was laying on Zayn and Liam as it was and they all had their feet up. I sat back and relaxed slightly. Harry put his arm around me and I rested my head on his shoulders, slowly drifting off to sleep.

Harry’s POV

In a matter of seconds, Katie was asleep on my shoulder. She was so cute. She was like the perfect sister I wish I had, and I think Niall likes her.

“Haha, she’s just like Zayn,” Louis laughed. We all looked at him confused expressions on his face.

“What?” we all questioned.

“You know, Zayn is the only person who just falls asleep on people like that,” Louis pointed out. Oh yeah, I suppose.

I watched as she slept, her chest rising and falling as she breathed. Suddenly, her head slipped and fell on my laps. I moved her along so she was lying properly on the chair, and on all of us. I could still see Niall staring down at her face intently.

“Niall, do you like her?” I asked, directing my eyes to Katie. He blushed.

“No, of course not,” he said quickly. I raised my eyebrows.

“Okay, whatever,” I said, smirking. Then, we all smiled watching Katie sleep on our laps.

“Guys, let’s just stay in, I feel like watching a Disney movie and just chilling out,” Liam told us, everyone nodded their heads in agreement.

“Yeah, and that way, we don’t have to disturb Katie’s sleep,” Niall said. I laughed to myself silently.

“Yep, Niall,” we all laughed. Liam grinned

“I’ll take her to my room,” he said. I grinned, knowing what he was doing.

“Will you be long?” I asked. He nodded.

“Actually, I might just stay up, till she wakes up,” he said, trying not to laugh.

“No, she can stay here,” Niall quickly objected and we all laughed. Katie squirmed a bit, burying her face in Niall’s t-shirt. He grinned happily. After a while, Katie started to get heavy, we all noticed, except Niall, obviously.

“Can she go up, she’s getting heavy,” I complained. Niall’s eyes widened.

“No, she’s really not,” he said. Everyone looked at him.

“Niall, she is getting heavy,” Zayn told him.

“Yeah, if you want her to stay down here, you must carry her yourself,” Liam told him. He nodded.

“That’s fine with me,” he grinned. We all lifted her up and sat her on Niall’s laps. She was on her side half of her head resting against Niall’s chest. Niall stroked her hair as she slept.

We put on toy story and started watching. Niall didn’t concentrate though; he just kept his attention on Katie. We could tell he liked her and we smiled as he slowly rocked her, with a huge grin on his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, please comment if you like it. If you comment and I know people are reading, it will motivate me and I will update faster. Thanks guys xxx