Status: Working On It

Got a Little Work to Do

3

“She’s a beautiful mess, one part angel, one part perfect, one part brick,” Hunter sang over and over again during rehearsals. There was something bothering him this morning and it doesn’t take a genius to figure it out. He kept messing that line up. “Hunter, you okay bud?” his bandmate asked. “Yeah, yeah, I’m fine,” let’s take it from the top,” he replied, shaking it off. I sat there, watching him as I leaned on the mirror. He was really out of it. Something wasn’t quite right.

It’s been 2 solid weeks if rehearsals and I can truthfully say that we have spent so much time together. It’s unbearable. We have been getting along much better and dare I say it, become friends. He really isn’t that bad. He doesn’t even talk about himself much anymore which is even better! After I’d say the twelfth time of hearing Storm Warning being sung, I couldn’t take it. I got up on stage with him and sung with him, trying to help him take his mind off things. We were laughing, smiling, and having a really great time. We even started joking around a little bit too! Once that line came up he nailed it for the first time and I went to sit back down so he could finish. When he did I applauded, cheering as loud as I could with his band.

After that was our final song of the day and it went by smoothly. I could see Hunter watching me as I played my guitar, tuning it a bit more while the band packed up. I saw him biting his lip; boy did he ever look nervous. Once everyone was loading their instruments into the designated room I called him over. “Hunter, come here,” “Yeah?” “What’s up? You seem nervous,” “I’m fine Rickie.” “No you’re not. You messed up like 12 times and it took you 13 to finally nail it. I know I might not know you too well yet but I’d like to think I know when you’re upset.” He paused and stared at me, “Is Rickie Rivers actually showing some concern for me?” “Uhm, you’re my other opening act and we gotta look like we know what we’re doing. I can’t have you mess up on stage now can I?” I played it off cooly. “Whatever you say.”

“Spill it Hunter, what’s on your mind?” “Well you see, I have a music video shoot in 3 days and I still need a lead female actress to star in it. Would you be interested in being my love interest?” he asked blushing like crazy. I surprisingly didn’t even hesitate to answer, “yes.” I smiled. “Really?” his face lit up with a huge smile. “Of course, I don’t mind.” “Thanks Rickie!” he said hugging me. It was the first time I ever hugged him. I feel butterflies, not gonna lie. “Cool, so I guess we will just carpool there that morning right?” “I guess so. Have your people talk to my people.” I winked. “I owe you one.” He smiled.

At that time a record executive came over and wanted a word with us. “We as a hole really liked your little duet that you two just performed. Did you two just plan it?” “No actually, Rickie came on stage and we just had a blast,” Hunter replied. “Would you mind doing one or two on stage together when performing. We feel it would be a great way to get personal with the crowd and for you guys to have more fun and provide energy.” “I don’t mind it if she doesn’t,” Hunter smiled, looking over at me. “Yeah, that’s not a problem.” “Great! Start practicing and deciding what song or songs you guys wanna do. We will leave that totally up to you.” “Thanks, have a good one.” I smiled over. What did I just get myself into?
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, now the story is getting started! Feedback would be much appreciated! please and thank you :)
~Subscribe and Comment~