I Know Those Eyes

Chapter Five

Brendon’s Point of View

“Honey, I’m home!” I called out when Jon and I stepped onto the bus. Spencer was laying on the ground with his headphones on, and Ryan was sitting on the sofa, staring into space.

“Ryyaan,” I called out in a singsong voice. Ryan didn’t respond. He was still staring into space. I noticed his expression and went to sit next to him. “Ryan,” I said in a softer tone. Ryan turned to him slowly.

“Yeah?” Ryan spoke with a whisper.

“I know it’s hard, but I’m sure she misses you just as much as you miss her. Maybe try calling her, or sending her an email,” I said. He looked at me, a small glimmer showing in his eye at the idea.

“She won’t remember me,” Ryan said softly. “It’s been four years.”

“Of course she will!” I said, a little bit louder. I looked over at Jon. He was looking over in interest. We had only met him a few years ago. He didn’t know about the situation. Spencer was staring at the ceiling, nodding his head to whatever song he was listening to, oblivious to what was happening. I turned back to Ryan and saw a tear in his eye.

“Send her an email,” I said quietly. He nodded. “Oh, and also, we need someone to go drop some tickets off for some people down at the record store. Will you go for us? You look like you need some air.” Ryan nodded once again. I gave him a quick reassuring hug and went back to the bunks to lay down for a bit.

Ryan’s Point of View

I slipped on a T shirt over my skinny figure and brushed my teeth. I walked out to the living area and sat down on the couch, slipping on my shoes.

“So where is the store, and who am I giving the tickets to?” I looked over at Jon, who was on his computer across from me.

“See the Starbucks down there?” he said, pointing out the window. I nodded. “It’s a few storefronts before it. You won’t miss it. And it’s the girl behind the counter,” he said, handing me the tickets.

“Okay. Thanks,” I said, taking the tickets and heading towards the front of the bus.

“Oh, and don’t forget the sunnies,” Jon said, tossing me a pair of sunglasses.

“Thanks,” I said, putting the sunglasses on and stepping out onto the busy Chicago street. I walked down about a block until I found the store. I walked in, with chimes twinkling at my entrance.

Jess’s Point of View

I looked up and saw a figure with sunglasses stepping into the store nervously. “Hey,” I said. He walked up to the counter.

“I’m supposed to be dropping off these tickets for the Panic at the Disco concert tonight,” he said quietly.

“Oh, yeah, thanks a lot. Tell your friends thanks so much,” I said as I took the envelope from him. He smiled weakly.

“Hey, Sarah!” I called out. I saw the man standing in front of me jump at her name. “Will you restock some of the shelves?”

“Sure! Give me a second,” she yelled from the back.

“Sorry about that,” I said to the guy standing in front of me.

“What? Oh, it’s fine,” he said quickly.

Ryan’s Point of View

“Hey, Sarah!” the woman in front of me called to the back. I felt my stomach churn at the name. I knew it probably wasn’t the same person I wanted it to be, but the name threw me off. “Will you restock some of the shelves?”

I heard Sarah call from the back. “Sure! Give me a second.”

I shook my head slightly. The voice was a bit different. But wouldn’t it be after four years? I shook the thoughts away.

“I...I best be going,” I stuttered. The woman smiled at me and nodded.

“Thanks again!” she called behind me as I walked towards the door.

“No problem,” I said. I was at the door when I heard the girl named Sarah come into the room. I almost looked back, but decided against it. It would only break my heart to see it wasn’t her. Before I could change my mind, I pulled open the door and walked out onto the street.

Sarah’s Point of View

“Was that the guy who was dropping off the tickets?” I asked Jess. She nodded.

“He seemed pretty shy. He was cute, too. At least, from what I could see. What is it with people and wearing sunglasses in the middle of February?” she asked. I laughed softly, looking at the tickets on the counter.

“Have you changed your mind?” she asked me. Before I could change my mind, I shook my head. “No,” I said.

“Okay, you sure?” I nodded again, pushing my thoughts to the back of my head.

“Okay. I’m going to go call Marisa right now,” she said. I nodded, turning away. I could feel her watching me. I heard her sigh.

“Hey, Marisa, I was wondering if you want to go see Panic at the Disco with me tonight? I got some tickets.” She was still watching me, I could tell. I busied myself with counting money in the tip jar. I didn’t even have to pour it out to count it, it was such a skimpy amount, but I did anyway. There were a few bills and about a handful of coins. It came out to a grand total of $5.97.

“You okay?” I heard Jess say behind me. I hadn’t realized that she had gotten off of the phone.

“Did she say yes?” I asked, with a small shred of hope hidden somewhere within me that she hadn’t.

Please say she can’t come, she has plans already. Please…

“Yeah, she can come. Want to close up early today? You look like you need it, and I want to go get ready.” I nodded with a slight smile on my face.

“Maybe I’ll go get a hair cut,” I told her. I had wanted to for a while, and I was sick of long hair. I wanted it shorter. She smiled.

“Sounds like a plan, Stan,” she said with a grin. I smiled to, and looked at the clock. It was almost four. “Let’s close up now,” Jess said, as if reading my mind.

“Okay, cool.” I stood up and grabbed my bag, walking to the door and flipping the sign so it read “Closed”, and flicked off the lights. Jess came up with the key in hand and walked out with me, turning back to lock the door.

“Do you need a ride?” she asked me.

“No thanks, I kind of want to walk.” She nodded, wrapping me in a hug.

“Don’t think too much about it, honey. You’ll find him some day,” she said.

“Yeah. Thanks. Have fun,” I said. She let go of me, smiled, and turned the other way to head to her car. I watched until she pulled away, and began walking to the nearest hair salon. I found a Hair Cuttery a few blocks in the direction of my house. Finding a twenty in my pockets, I smiled and headed into the salon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I have many more subscribers than I do comments. First of all, thanks for even reading this. Haha. Secondly, PLEASE comment. If you think that this story sucks, then tell me. I have no idea what to think of this story. Pwease?

I'm not going to update until I get another comment or two. Please guys? It'd mean the world :]