‹ Prequel: Five Years After
Status: Miss me?

Paint You Wings

Shadows

Jasey awoke to a sandwich laying on a spotless white plate on her night stand. A simple glass of water sat beside it, beckoning to her. Her body seemed to lurch with thirst. She grabbed at the glass with difficulty due to the constant trembling of her hands and fingers. Just as the cold glass hit the edge of her bottom lip her whole body heaved causing her hands to exempt the glass from it's duties. Jasey wasn't even able to maintain consciousness as the glass shattered on the carpeted floor of her once warm and light bedroom.

She awoke again hours later to a brighter sky due to the sun's changed position. She winced as the light hit her eyes through the small slit in her yellow curtains. Her body involuntarily jerked forward, making her wince. She changed position to laying on her back in hopes that the beads of sweat would no longer run to the side of her face, instead, getting lost in her hair. Her lips were paler than the color of the clouds and her skin seemed to have the same blue hue as the sky did.

She turned her head to peer over the side of the bed, seeing that there was no glass, no water, nothing. She ran a faulty hand through her dry and greasy hair, attempting to bring her mind back to reality. She knew she was starting to see things. The small shadows that the barely visible sun cast around her room seemed to lurch towards her with outstretched hands.

She turned to her side quickly. Jasey brought her legs to her chest and hugged them close to her. Shivers coursed through her entire body at the terror she was experiencing. She rocked back and forth as her eyes darted all around her.

"Pretty little lady with your swollen eyes, won't you show them to me," She whispered brokenly, her voice cracking with every breath.

Jack's head snapped up from the magazine article by Alternative Press he'd been reading as bloody screams filled the house. Jack was tearing up the stairs faster than the speed of light. The screams became louder as he drew nearer to the source.

Jack was surprised the door didn't fly off it's hinges with the amount of force he used to open it. As his eyes landed on the bed Jack wished he'd prepared himself a little more.

Jasey's body tore side to side as her screams continued. Her eyes were kept shut as sweat seemed to lay in blankets on her body. Alex had said had warned him about her screaming from the pain but he knew this was different.

Without a second thought he was at the side of her bed, shaking her. Jasey's eyes flew open and Jack was immediately repulsed at the yellow tint her eyes seemed to take. Tears poured down her face and a gash on her lip dripped blood from her teeth sinking into the flesh.

"You're okay," Jack whispered to the girl while his heart pounded painfully in his chest.

"They won't leave me, they won't go. They're always here, watching me." She spoke words that made no sense. Jack couldn't look away from the haunted and hollow depth of her eyes.

"Nothing's here." Jack told her.

Jasey shook her head forcefully. "The shadows. The shadows watch me."

"It's part of the withdraws," Jack sighed. Even before Jack could finish his sentence, the girl passed out again. Alex had said after the first time of her passing out, she'd explained that the pain was so intense that her body seemed to shut down.

Jack sighed heavily as he pulled over a near-by chair and plopped down.

"Looks like I'll be here for a while," he mumbled as he flipped on the television.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've had a horrible day so all I really saying is to comments

Jess