‹ Prequel: Five Years After
Status: Miss me?

Paint You Wings

Cactus

Jack awoke to a hot room and tangled sheets around his slender frame. He ran a hand through his skunk dyed hair once he set it free from the sheets around him. Scenes of last night lingered in his mind like a love-drunk distant memory. The room was bright from the sunlight pouring in which was probably why it was so damn hot. Jack rolled over, hoping to only get a few more minutes of sleep until he saw the plate of eggs and bacon sitting beside him on the white nightstand. He surveyed the room without seeing a trace of Jasey, but the truth was that she could be anywhere.

Without much thought Jack sat up, leaning against the headboard and grabbing the plate. He lifted the fork full of eggs to his mouth and sighed as they touched his tongue. Jack hadn't had a decently cooked meal since he'd begun his stay at the mansion. All he could really muster was mac'n'cheese. It was simple, but effective.

Jasey sat outside in the gazebo just outside of the french doors that led out form the corridor near the kitchen. A simple dress hung on her body and her feet hung bare. She sat on the railing with her back rested against one of the columns and her legs intertwined over each other. She looked to the top of the trees surrounding her, deep in thought.

She though back to the coldness of being in her comatose state just a week before. It was so different from the warmth that covered almost every inch of her body from the dazzling sunlight above. Blackness was all she saw and her body held so much weight that the thought of moving was ridiculous. She could hear when the doors around her would open and close soon followed by the rattling of the fragile blinds hanging on the door for privacy. She heard every word and every 'I love you,' that Alex uttered against her cheek with his lips. She felt his tears fall onto her and then his broken sobs as he would take her hand to his face. She could feel his hope deteriorate day after day.

When Jack came in however, her heart shattered. While Alex stifled cries against her neck, he still had a tiny bit of faith and hope that Jasey would pull through. He knew she would come back to him. But Jack...

He'd only told her to let go. He told her to let go because he knew that she would hate herself if she couldn't come back when they were all asking her to. He knew the pain she was in. He was always the first person there when she was alone, or when she just wanted to cry. Last night's confession only tore her apart more. To see him crumble like that was something she wasn't used to. Jack was witty, funny, probably gay, and the most understanding boy she'd ever had the pleasure of meeting.

She jumped, a hand flying to her heart as a husky voice cut through her silence.

"Thanks...for the food." Jack said as he came to sit on the railing across from her. Jasey could only flash back to years ago when Alex and her were in the same position with a guitar perched on their laps. It was when they wrote the beginning of Weightless.

"You deserved it," she said quietly. She didn't want to turn to look at him, mainly because she was enjoying the sunlight on her face more than ever.

"Umm, so what do you do-er, did you do here? I mean no offense but it's kind of boring."

"Boring?" Jasey turned to him.

"I mean, yeah. Even when we were here that summer we couldn't find anything to do. You were always all deep in thought or reading or something so we just hung."

"I didn't know you guys were so bored by me," Jasey faked hurt in her voice.

"No! N-no, we-"

"I'm kidding Jack," she laughed at his stammering.

"Ass-hole." he sighed as Jasey smiled softly.

"Wanna' go rock our faces off with the most expensive guitars you'll ever lay your hands on?"

"You read my mind." Jack winked.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is so short and I'm so sorry but like honestly I'm really tired and just ugh. I knew I HAD to get something out because it's been days and I figured this was better than nothing. The next chapter will be longer I promiseeeeeee.

COMMENT MORE OR DIE.

Katie has X'S ON THE BACK OF HER HANDS, WASH THEM IN THE BATHROOM TO DRINK LIKE THE BAND.
And then her bro randomly pops up on the screen like heeeeeeey. And then her nose bleeds. And she meets a stalker band girl. And then John-O. Don't forget flashbacks of bands and lyrics and unicorn weeeeeeeee.

LOvE aNd RoCkEtS
JEEEEEssssssIIIIIIcccccAAAAA BBBBBeeeeeOOOOttttCCCChhh