Status: *in progress*

There is Something...

*6*

“Ja…ja…Ok. Tschüß!” Mary-Ann hung up her phone and looked at Rou. He was apparently thinking something through because he was looking straight at the candle light. They were in the bathroom at Rory and Alice’s house who haven’t returned yet. Rou was sitting in a tub and Mary on the carpet with her legs crossed.

“Parents?” Rou raised his eyebrow at her though it was pretty obvious by the fact that Mary was constantly agreeing with something and talked not much.

“Jaa..um. Yeah..Miss me and stuff..” she answered shrugging her shoulders. She thought back about her parents and life in Germany.

He nodded, took a sip of his beer and asked again, “Do you miss them? Boyfriend?”

“Boy, are you reading my mind?”

“Um… Well, yeah, but I’m all right. And I don’t miss any boyfriend, because I don’t have one.” Mary blushed a little but was thankful that they decided to go green and use candles for light. The atmosphere of the room was giving her chills; it was somewhat magical and romantic.

“Oh..” Rou smiled to himself and took another sip from his bottle. “What are you going to do after this vacation?”

Mary-Ann didn’t know what to say, because she have never thought about her future life, “I…I’ll start to search some job…I think. That’s what people do after graduation.”

“And what kind of job are you interested in?”

“Maybe there is a place for me at the UN?” Mary replied.

Rou beamed, “Wow. Great! And what is your specialty?”

She shifted her legs before answering, “Cross-cultural communication. Languages. I’m an interpreter.”

“I wish I knew other languages,” Rou confessed sadly.

Suddenly Mary-Ann narrowed her eyes and looked in the direction of the door. He noticed her stare and strained his ears. They heard some rustling behind the door. And soon enough the door was blown open and a white figure appeared before them.

Rou relaxed as easily as tensed though he spilt some beer on himself. “Not the Blanket dinosaur again,” he sighed.

“Quite the contrary!” the Blanket dinosaur roared and Rob’s head popped up from under the white quilt. “I have a mission here!” he announced rapturously and Mary understood clearly that this mission promised nothing good. “The princess will go with me and only the true Shikari Knight will be able to save her!” with these words he seized Mary-Ann, placed her on his shoulder and rushed from the room with a war cry. On his way down to the living room Rob turned over a few chairs and broke something made of glass. “This is no good. I’m so dead…hey, nobody said I couldn’t party.”

While on the way to the possible cage or something designed as one Mary-Ann had a load of time to think in what kind of situation she was right now…besides being the hostage princess.

“Honey, you could scream a little, but not too loud, for the situation to seem more natural,” Rob said softly patting her leg. Mary did as was asked and went back to her thoughts about the guys. It was kind of sticky situation and she only had pure intentions to relax and have fun on the vacation. But that wasn’t what was coming at her and she was very sure of it. She obviously liked the guys, she was herself with them it was very easy. But something was in the air.

“Stop right here, atrocious creature! I’m one of the Shikari Knights! And I’m here to save the princess!” Chris appeared before them wearing a cowboy hat and drawn moustache. He vainly tried to lay Rob low but giving the credit to his condition it was impossible. Mary was surprised by the fact that he volubly commanded. Speaking about the condition, there were dozens of empty beer bottles on the floor.

“I’m kind of uncomfortable here,” Mary whined to Rob.

“Ok!” without a second thought Rob dropped Mary-Ann right where he was standing and jumped to Chris. They made it over the table and started to laugh their asses off. Luckily for Mary she hasn’t broken anything including her own limbs and tried to get back on her feet when a hand showed up before her very face. She traced it up and saw smiling Rou wearing a flower-pattern apron which likely was playing the role of a chain armor.

“Me lady,” he said and helped her up. After that he took he bridal style and declared, “I’m the true Shikari Knight! And I saved the princess!” Rou looked at Mary and kissed her on the cheek. Then he placed her back on her feet. “That was very unexpected and uncalled for,” Mary thought rubbing the place she was kissed at seconds ago.

“Yeah, yeah.. let’s watch some movies,” Rob sounded not so enthusiastic about the knight thing and even looked bored. And Chris was already roaming through the DVDs mumbling something to himself. Mary could swear she heard him saying something about the comedies. “Hey! I’m choosing tonight and this is the Fight Club.” Rob threw a pillow at Chris and it landed on his head.

Chris stood up, “Fine. But Mary is sitting… with me.” He sat on the couch beside Rou and invited Mary-Ann tilting his head to the right. As she sat Rob immediately placed himself on the floor between her legs and turned on the TV. The next 2 hours Mary-Ann found herself in a very delicate situation: Rob placed her legs on his shoulders and wrapped his hands around them; Chris’ hand was dangerously close to her thigh but remained on his own and he occasionally slid his little finger along her leg; and Rou, though there was Chris between him and Mary, managed to rub her shoulder once in a while. On top of everything it was super quiet in the room besides the working TV. By the end of the movie she fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope my story would get more attention. Spread the word. Step up. Comment to read new chapters earlier;)