Status: Have fun reading!

Living With One Direction

The memories and the funeral

Living With One Direction:

Chapter 22: The memories and the funeral

Recap:

I didn’t realized I was crying until I felt the salty liquid fall onto my lips. I grabbed Niall and put my face in his chest. I looked up and left his chest. I walked over to my parents and my hands on their caskets muttering the words I have always wanted to say after the accident. But I couldn’t find the right time. Since I was alone and only with Niall this was probably the only opportunity I would get.

With my hands on the caskets the words left my mouth, if you didn’t listen closely enough you probably wouldn’t hear it.

“I love you.”

Amber’s P.O.V

“In caskets there are secret compartments, since you are family I will allow you to place anything in it so it can be buried with them.” The director said to everybody. We all nodded our heads signalling that we understood.

I opened my clutch and found the notes I have written for both of them. There were tears stains on both but I restarted so many times that I knew they would understand.

“Niall can you go put these in their compartments and makes sure their the right compartments” He nodded understanding why and took the envelops.

I turned to Louis, the once calm collected one that made his way out of the door has been replaced with a broken down 21 year old. His head was in his hands, he was hunched over and Eleanor was patting his back.

It was just as hard for Louis as it was me. Louis would always spend his time at our house before he left for the X-factor, plus when he was younger he would like practically live with us.

I went to comfort Louis for a while until everybody else came in and waited for the ceremony to start. The family had tear streaks running down their faces so whenever a friend would see one of us they would run and give a hug or a joke trying to cheer us up. But it didn’t work.

Finally the ceremony started. The priest said a few words before he invited the family to come up. My aunt and uncle went up together talking about how they were amazing parents and friends.

But after that I completely zoned out till Louis made his way up. His speech was probably the best in my opinion.

“Aunt and uncle, mother and father, daughter and son, cousin sibling and more. That was what these two people were. They were all related to one of us in some way. To me they were my aunt and uncle. But I guess you could also call them my mother and father too. I was always over at their place making cookies or just sleeping over with Amber. If you asked my parents I probably spent more time over their then I did at my actual home.” That earned some laughter. Louis always knew how to make people laugh or smile when they were sad, and that is what he was doing now.

“I loved them with all my heart, but the best memory was when my cousin and I were baking cookies.” I internally groaned, I hated this story but if it made people laugh so be it.

“We were in our teen/tween age at the time and Amber wanted to make cookies more than ever but her parents were out. We decided to make the cookies so they could have them when they got home. Well we were doing fine for the first few minutes until Amber started stirring. She flung everything everywhere including at me.” He stopped to take a deep breath before continuing. You could tell the crowd was on the edge of the seats. I laughed when remembering what happened after that.

“Well I got angry that she got it in my hair so I took the flour and dumped it all over her. She screamed like she just got stabbed or something which caused me to roll on the ground. Which by the way had egg on it so I was sticky.” He started laughing at what was coming next.

“Amber grabbed whatever she could find and threw it at me. Well some of you know me, so you know I accept any challenge. So being me I yelled Food Fight. We were going to the cabinets and the fridge chucking anything we could get our hands on. Amber looked like a wet Chihuahua with the way she was shaking.” He started laughing so hard it took him a while before he calmed down.

The crowed was roaring with laughter too. Niall beside me leaned in and whispered something in my ear, “You would make a cute Chihuahua.” It earned him a smack but I didn’t care. I wanted to listen to the rest of the story.

“Then the door made its regular creek signaling ma and pa were home. Amber and I didn’t notice we just continued to throw things. That is until Auntie came in, I threw some left over spaghetti and it hit her straight in the chest. Uncle came in and started laughing. Auntie dropped her things and grabbed some pudding before joining our little food fight. Let’s just say the kitchen was a mess after wards.” Louis paused looking straight into the crowed like he saw something.

“They were care free and not afraid of anything. That’s what drawed people like us to them. They were the perfect for each other. So knowing them, they wouldn’t want us to sit here and cry because they are gone. They would want us to have fun and live our regular lives.” Louis speech ended and he walked down from the podium.

The claps in the room were deafening. When Louis made his way back down I engulfed him with a hug them made my own way up to the podium.

“Louis I can’t believe you told that story!” That was the first thing I said. I gave him the deadliest glare before continuing.

“Louis is right though. They wouldn’t want us to mourn their loss, knowing them they would want us to party. If you don’t know me I’m Amber, I am their daughter. My speech won’t be as upbeat as Louis’s but I’ll try my best.” I ruffled my papers getting ready to speak before throwing them to the side.

“I came here today with a speech prepared and practically memorized but I just can’t do it. Right now I want to tell you my story, how their death has affected me.” I took a deep breath willing the tears not to start. And to my surprise they didn’t.

“My family was like any other family. The parents loved their daughter and would do anything for her. The daughter would tell them they didn’t have to but they did it anyway. That’s what lead to them laying in those caskets.” I expected tears to fall from my eyes, for me to be sobbing. But honestly I was done crying my parents wouldn’t want that.

“They forgot to by my favourite popcorn, and they rushed out of the door before I could stop them. I thought they would be back but they weren’t. The policed called which lead me to the hospital. When I got there they looked fine like they were going to live. But they didn’t. Instead of watching them walk out of the door healthy, I watched them die while holding their hands.” Tears were in everybody’s eyes except mine. I even saw Niall reach for some Kleenex.

“They requested I stay with Louis, and because of that I got thrown into a whole new life of chaos. But that new life was where I met the five idiots I call best friends. And in that new life I met the love of my life.” I looked straight at Niall, he mouthed I love you.

“I love you Niall. But anyways, because of that new life I have a new family. Not that I didn’t love my other family but this family has helped me through so much. So I guess what I’m trying to say is that everything happens for a reason.” I stepped down from the podium and ran over to Niall. He gave me a peck but then turned over to the priest.

“Thank you for your lovely speeches. We would like to welcome you to your cemetery where Mr. and Mrs. Tomlinson will be buried.”

The caskets were being transferred over to the hearse. The vehicles of the family silently drove behind the hearse. The traffic stopped for us, you could see their faces filled with sadness and grief.

We got out of the car and the caskets were now being held up above their graves. The priest sprinkled a cross on top of both of the caskets before speaking again.

“If you would like to place a rose on the caskets before we lower them go ahead. Other than that thank you for coming. This is the end of the ceremony.”

People stayed around placing roses and talking, the family stayed since we all wanted to watch them get lowered.

Everybody finally dispersed to give us privacy.

Niall was about to walk away but I stopped him, “Please stay. I’m going to cry. I need you.” Niall stepped closer to me and held me in his arms.

The person who worked at the grave yard started lowering both of the caskets. It was all silent, all you could here was sobbing, sniffling, and tears hitting the ground.

The caskets were lowered all the way so the grounds men started to throw dirt on them. All at once the family spoke in unity.

“Goodbye, you will always be in our hearts.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys,

Second chapter today!!

It get's kinda sucky towards the end so please ignore it.

The last post for 2012!!!

The secret compartment was true for my grandma's case. I did write a note and it was soaked with tears.

Brianna