Status: This is for the Mibba user, Grey fullbuster. I hope you like it!

Fairy Tail, the Secret Files

Friends or More?

Gray was trying not to stare at the clock too much, but every time he happened to look away, his eyes would wander back. Why was he so anxious? It’s not as if he were about to confess his love for Natsu or anything like that. Yet, he couldn’t stop the creeping feeling of uneasiness from settling in his gut.

Before Gray knew it, time had slipped right through his fingers. It was 7:25 and Gray’s apprehension hadn’t subsided one bit. “Get it together Gray, he’ll be here any minute,” he chastised under his breath.

Two minutes passed and Gray was still clock watching when an alarming sound broke his concentration. It was the doorbell Gray realized with a start. Quickly, he raced over to his door and opened it to a smiling Natsu.

“Hey Gray,” he said nonchalantly.

Gray nodded and held the door open wider for him. Natsu walked inside and Gray shut the door behind him.

“So, what do you have planned for us to do tonight?” He inquired.

Gray smiled, “Video games of course and junk food.”

Natsu laughed, “Should have known. It sounds good though.”

Natsu plopped himself down on Gray’s couch, while Gray rummaged through his Xbox games. He wondered what he liked to play. “Natsu, Resident Evil 6 or Left 4 Dead?”

Natsu glanced at him and said, “I’d prefer Left 4 Dead. I’ve never really been a Resident Evil fan.”

Gray nodded and popped in the disk. He brought over a spare controller he had bought for occasions when his friends wanted to play games. Natsu took it and Gray grabbed the original controller that had come with his Xbox.

An hour into the game and everything was going well. Gray wasn’t feeling any urges to make a move on Natsu. Okay, so maybe not so well. They weren’t doing the best in the game. They had died five times, but it could be because they were playing on Expert. Natsu had insisted and Gray had foolishly agreed, even though he didn’t have much experience in playing on Expert. He usually played on Normal difficulty or Hard. Expert was for pros, which he wasn’t.

In the game, Natsu tried running past a witch. That didn’t really work so well, however. She became startled as soon as he brushed his shoulder briefly against her. Letting out a shrill pitched scream, she ran after Bill, Natsu’s character, with her arms outstretched in front of her. Gray shot at her with his gun, attempting to kill her, but since this was on Expert, the shots did little to no damage on her. She killed Bill with one fell swoop of her claws. Natsu let out an exaggerated yell as his character died for the sixth time. The witch looked around startled for a moment, then as if ashamed of what she had done, ran off with her hands covering her head. Gray was alone now. Well not really, he had the NPC’s, but they were useless. Gray tried to make it to the safe room as quickly and efficiently as possible, but it looked like luck wasn’t in his favor. The tank music played and the monstrous zombie appeared, thrashing about like an ape. The NPC’s tried to help him, but were thrown about like ragdolls. It didn’t take long for Gray’s character to die. Gray threw down his controller in a rage. This was too much annoyance for one night.

Natsu laughed at Gray and said, “Do you want to do something else?”

Gray looked at Natsu and nodded, “I’m officially fed up with this game.”

Natsu nodded, “Ditto.”

~*~

After five minutes of silence, Natsu spoke up, “What do you want to do now?”

Gray shrugged, “I don’t really know. What do you want to do?”

“I want to play 21 questions,” he exclaimed.

“What?” Gray asked, questioning Natsu’s sanity. That game was beyond childish.

Natsu frowned and asked, “What?”

Gray sighed, why not he thought, there was nothing else he could think of to do. “Okay Natsu, we’ll play 21 questions.”

Natsu clapped his hands in delight like a little boy. Gray suppressed rolling his eyes.

~*~

“I’ll ask a question first,” Natsu blurted out and it was easy to tell, he wasn’t trying to hide his excitement.

What was his deal? It was just a stupid game. Gray nodded and Natsu went ahead and asked his question.

“What does your ideal girlfriend/ boyfriend need to have?” Natsu questioned.

Gray frowned, a little suspicious. He wasn’t catching onto his feelings was he? He shook his head, it was an innocent question. He answered truthfully. “My ideal girlfriend/ boyfriend would be shorter than me, would be kind but strong at the same time and would have to be a good kisser.”

Gray added that last part in just to see if Natsu’s face would change at all. It didn’t. Damn, he was pretty good at keeping a straight face.

Natsu nodded and said, “Your turn.”

The rest of the questions were pretty juvenile, except for the second to last one Natsu asked. “Do you like anyone?” His question floated in the empty air and Gray’s face reddened.

He coughed and tried to keep calm. He wasn’t even sure he like Natsu that way, but he had to admit he was enjoying his company. “I do,” he said hesitantly.

Natsu nodded and then it was Gray’s turn to ask a question. He wasn’t sure what to ask him. Should he ask him the same question? Gray wanted to know, it was something that had been on his mind lately.

“Do YOU like anyone, Natsu?” Gray asked, throwing his question back at him.

Natsu turned a slight pink color and said, “Yes.”

Gray smirked, he had blushed, something he rarely saw Natsu do. Did he like him? However, before he could dwell on that question for too long, Natsu blurted out his question.

“What’s the name of the person you like?”

Gray frowned and looked to the side as his heart beat a million miles an hour. Should he tell him? Natsu might not like him that way and he didn’t want to be rejected. Still, by the way Natsu had been acting earlier; he might like him…Perhaps it was worth a shot.

Gray shouted out his answer before he could think too much about it. “I like you, Natsu.”

Natsu’s eyes widened and he turned a brighter pink than before. “Really?” He questioned.

Gray looked at him and saw how nervous Natsu was acting. No way. He liked him, didn’t he? This was unbelievable. Gray broke out into a grin as soon as Natsu said, “I like you too Gray.”

That was all Gray needed to make a move. In less than a second, Gray closed the distance between them and brushed his lips against Natsu’s. The kiss was soft, but passionate. When he broke away, Natsu gazed at him in wonder.

“Want to go out sometime?” Gray questioned and Natsu nodded, still speechless.

Gray chuckled, he was glad he had an effect like that on him. It made Natsu look cute and he definitely liked that.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry for taking an eternity to update! I wrote a blog earlier and you guys can read that. I was just busy and I was stressed with school, not to mention I wasn't in a writing mood, until today.