‹ Prequel: Burst Into Flames
Status: complete!

Scream in the Dark

Maybe It Was You All Along

~Tony's POV

I reached for Elise's hand, leading her inside. She was still shaking, but she seemed less shaken up. I kissed her head, "Calm down, love."

She nodded, taking a deep breath and squeezing her eyes shut. I wiped away the tears that still clung to her cheeks, smiling sadly at her. She sighed, smiling back at me.

"I hate not.. remembering." She said, pulling her hand away from mine.

I sighed, "Don't even think about that right now."

She laughed bitterly, "It's hard not to, since I don't even fucking have anything to think about."

I cringed, I hated when she got this way. She pulled back completely, not touching me. I sighed, rubbing my temple. She just needed time, right? That's all anyone ever needed.

"Do you at least want to see Leia?" I asked, voice coarse.

She nodded slowly, "I.. don't want to not remember her."

I nodded, understanding what she meant. I tried to pull her into my side, but she pulled away.

I opened the door, Vic was rocking Leia in the chair. I smiled, he was actually really good with her, "Hey, Tone- Lise? Hi! Hey, come here." He smiled, gesturing for her to take Leia.

She hesitated by my side for a minute, looking around the room. I sighed, slightly dragging her over to Leia. She looked down at her like she was made of gold, like she was the sweetest thing in the whole world. I felt a smile stretch across my face just watching her reaction.

She reached down to brush hair from Leia's face. Vic held her up so Elise could take her. She did, cradling her in her arms. I walked up behind her and put my arms around her waist, kissing her neck softly, "Please remember me." I choked out.

I felt her go stiff, my words catching her off guard. Vic looked us over with sad eyes, "I'll get out of here. If you guys need anything.." I nodded and he left.

Elise sighed, kissing Leia's head, "Tony."

I let go of her, taking off my jacket, "It's okay. I didn't mean to say that. It slipped out.."

She nodded, putting Leia in her crib, "Just.. it hurts me too, Tony. I really want to remember. I'd give anything to remember-"

I crashed my lips to hers, desperation flowing through the kiss, "Let me show you, let me make you remember."

She shook her head, tears forming. I bet she was exhausted.

"Elise." I pleaded, "Let me show you who I am. Let me make you love me again." I whispered, my lips on hers. She started to get into the kiss, moving her lips against mine, but suddenly she froze up.

"I can't, Tony."

I shook my head, pounding my fist down, "Why not?!"

"Because.." She said, her eyes not meeting mine, "I don't.. I don't have the same feelings.. I mean, Mike-"

I felt my temper spike, "You remember him?!" I nearly screamed, pulling her into the living room away from Leia.

She nodded, trying to fight back tears.

"Was anyone going to tell me?!" I asked, furious.

She shrugged, biting her lip, "I don't know. I just.. It's not my fault.." She said, looking down at the floor with a pained expression.

I put an arm around her, stroking her hair, "Of course it's not. I didn't mean that.. I just, this just isn't fair!" I said, hurt filling my chest.

She looked up into my eyes, "No one ever said this was fair. I don't want to hurt you any more."

"Wh- you want to break up then?" I asked.

She nodded, looking away again, "I love him, Tony, not you. I don't even know if I'll ever fucking remember you! I can't keep you forever, and if I don't ever get my feelings back.." She stopped, tears spilling over.

My chest felt numb, like ice had settled there. I looked over at her sobbing into her hands. I felt guilty, so fucking guilty. If it wasn't for me we wouldn't be in this mess.

"Lise, I will never give up." I said, pulling her hands away from her face.

She stared at me through her lashes, confusion lingering in her gaze. I would do everything I had to keep her with me, to make sure she was okay. I wasn't going to let anything else happen to her. I was going to keep her safe.

"Tony.. Tony, please don't make this harder-"

I raised my voice again, "We're not breaking up, okay? Fuck, at least give it another week, Lise!" I ran a shaking hand through my hair.

She nodded, her face slick with tears, "I'm sorry. Okay, another week, one more. Oh, Tony.." She said, collapsing into my chest.

I kissed the top of her head, wrapping my arms around her, "I will make you remember."
♠ ♠ ♠
MERRY HALLOWEENER! <3
Spoileddxbrat
iShotTheSherriff1313
mikkdx3
littleedeath
mexiquinn
nothingisasitseems
FuEnTeSpErRy;