‹ Prequel: Burst Into Flames
Status: complete!

Scream in the Dark

And You Know I'm a Ghost, Pull the Note Out Of My Throat and Leave Me Alone

"Tell me," I said, "Tell me everything."

He looked confused for a moment, "You mean, about us?"

I nodded, "About us, about Leia and Mike, about me.. Fill in the gaps."

He smiled, sitting down across from me, "Okay, well. We met at a club on your 21 birthday. We were both pretty faded, and we.. well, we ended up back at my place." He chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck.

I nodded, motioning for him to continue.

He did, "We met up again, for coffee, I think. You were seeing this other guy at the time, I don't even remember his name," He looked up at me, "Then I took you to a special place. I told you how I felt about you, and you, amazingly, felt the same way.

"You- we got in a fight. I was jealous because you and Mike had history. You cheated on me with him because of that fight. It crushed me, I knew you deserved better than me, but Mike wasn't better." He sighed, looking away.

I was shocked at myself, "I'm.. wow. I'm sorry, Tony." I said, reaching out a hand to touch his arm.

He pulled away, shaking his head, "Let me finish, okay?"

I nodded, "Sure, yeah."

He gave a quick nod, "Yeah, it was shitty of you to do that, but I guess.. I don't know, I deserved it a little. Yo-you relapsed," He said quietly, gesturing toward my scarred thighs, "There was so much blood.. I was so scared. I didn't know what to do..

"I quite talking to you for a few weeks, letting everything simmer down. Then, Vic talked me into meeting up with you, even if it was the last time. I guess you took the break up pretty hard, I don't know, but we met up and talked through everything.

"I realized then that you meant more than the world to me. All I wanted in life was you, and I wasn't going to let Mike take you away." He laughed bitterly, "Then we found out you were pregnant. I swear to god, I was sure Leia was mine.." His voice cracked, but he ignored it, "You were six months pregnant when you went into labor.

"That was terrifying. What if you lost her? What if I lost you? That's all I could think about, but I knew you were strong." He smiled, reaching for my hand, "I knew you could do it, and I knew if Leia was anything like her mom she'd be fine, too. I was right." He laughed shakily.

I smiled tightly, trying to take this all in, "Wow, it seems like everything happened really fast."

He nodded, clearing his throat, "It did. One minute we were fine, the next we were fighting, then you were in the hospital. I.. I didn't think I was ever going to see you again, but when I saw Leia, my heart imploded." He smiled wide, looking over at her in the bassinet, "She was so precious, she looked just like you."

"She didn't look like..?"

He shook his head, "No, not at first. But after you brought her home.. shit happened with Mike. He made a big deal, asking for a DNA test and everything. I respect him for being concerned, but really all he did was make things worse." He looked away, his face heating up, "Fucking asshole." He mumbled.

I almost laughed, "Then what?"

He smiled up at me, "Then I went on tour. We were basically over because Leia was Mike's, because I was a fucking moron. I left you for Stephanie, do you remember her?"

I thought about the name, "No." I shook my head.

He nodded, rubbing his chin, "Didn't really expect you too. She's not important. I just wanted my life back, I didn't want to deal with the commitment of a girlfriend who had a baby with my best friend," He cringed slightly, "But.. I was wrong. I usually am wrong. I do want you, and Leia, both. You guys are my life now.

"Right, anyway, I cheated on you with Stephanie. She stopped it, though, saying she wasn't going to be with me until I could tell her I didn't want you anymore, but she and I both knew that probably wouldn't happen."

I ran a hand through my hair, at least we were sort of even.

He cleared his throat again, "Yeah, I was a prick. We got back from tour and you gave me another chance. I moved back in and everything was actually going great; Mike wasn't giving us a hard time, we were past all the cheating, Leia was perfect. And then I hit that car.." He sighed, putting his head in between his knees.

I moved over to the couch and put my hand on his shoulder. Some of the things he said were clicking in my brain, others were just meaningless stories, "Hey, it's okay. I don't blame you, you know."

His eyes locked with mine, "Tell me you're not.. you're not going to leave me for Mike." He pleaded.

Confusion and guilt swept over me, "Why would you think that?" I asked.

"Because," He said, "I'm insecure, and I love you." His lips brushed mine, sending shivers down my spine.

I kissed him back eagerly. I needed to show him I wasn't going to give up, that I was dedicated to him even if I barely remember him.

He smiled into the kiss, pulling back, "Fuck, it's been a while since you've kissed me like that." He chuckled, moving a piece of hair out of my face, "I missed it."

I kissed him again, this time less eager.

He smiled again, "I want to make you fall in love with me again."

"How?" I asked, tucking the hair behind my ear.

He shrugged, "I'll just do what I did the first time; take you out, treat you like a princess.." He trailed off, snuggling his head into my neck.

I sighed, this felt good. Remembering his sweet spot behind his ear, I pulled his head up and attached my lips there.

His breath hitched, "You remember that?"

I nodded, kissing down his neck.

He placed a hand on my waist, leaning down to kiss me, "No, it's not time yet."

I made an impatient sound, my needs driving me crazy.

He chuckled, shaking his head, "It'll be worth the wait, I promise."

"I hope so," I said, pouting.

He grabbed my hand, kissing it, "Let's go to bed."

I nodded, going over to pick Leia up from her bassinet. She cooed, smiling up at me, "Hello, baby. I don't remember you yet, but I will, I love you." I promise, kissing her forehead and cuddling her to my side.

~*~

"Lise! Are you ready?" Tony called out from the living room.

He was taking me out to dinner, one of the ways he was going to get me to love him again, "No, not yet!"

I heard him sigh, talking to Leia in a baby voice. I smiled, he really was good with her. My hair and makeup was already done, but I couldn't decide on what to wear. I wanted this to be special, so I knew I was going to have to wear a dress, but I only had two. One was a long, black one, the other short and dark blue.

I decided on the blue one, it was lacey and innocent looking, perfect for a second first date. I smiled at my reflection, the dress may have looked innocent on the hanger, but it was clingy as hell on me.

Tony came in holding Leia, an impatient look on his face, "Are you almo- woah." He stopped mid-sentence, looking down at me, "Where'd you get that dress?" He asked.

I shrugged, "It was in the closet."

He smiled, "I think that was the dress you wore when I first saw you."

I looked down at it, admiring the way it showed off my curves, "It still fits."

He nodded, "Better than it used to." He licked his lips and looked at a fussy Leia, "What's wrong with you? Uncle Victor'll be here any minute," He said in a baby voice, "Shh, it's okay."

I smiled, grabbing my bag and reaching out to take her. He let me, smiling and walking back out to the living room, "Hey, calm down. It's okay, there's no reason to be all fussy." I said, shutting out the light and walking to the living room myself.

Vic was at the door, a smile formed on his face when he saw Leia, "Hey! Come here, munchkin." He said, tickling her.

She squirmed, laughing. I handed her to him, "We'll be gone for a few hours, are you sure you'll be okay?" I asked.

He laughed, waving a hand, "We'll be fine, won't we, sister?" He said, looking down at Leia.

I smiled, "You know where everything is?"

He nodded, "Yup, pretty sure."

"Okay, we'll see you when we get home." I smiled, kissing Leia on the head, "Bye, sweety."

Vic smiled, "Wait- hey. Mike wanted me to ask if it was okay for him to come see her."

I looked over at Tony, shrugging.

He shrugged, too, "I don't see why not."

I gave him a thankful smile, turning back to Vic, "Yeah, that's cool."

He nodded, "Cool, yeah. I'll give him a call then. Have fun, you guys!" He called, waving after us.

I waved back, climbing into the car.

~*~

Looking over the menu, I decided I'd let Tony pick for me. He was humming, tapping his fingers to the beat of whatever song he was thinking of.

I smiled, trying to take a mental picture of him. Failing, I pulled out my phone and snapped an actual one.

"What was that for?" He asked, amusement lacing his words.

I shrugged, "I don't want to forget this."

He smiled, resting his hand on mine, "You won't, I won't let you."

I felt a wave of happiness wash over me, this was too perfect.

~*~

His fingers traced down my bare spine, "You're so beautiful." He sighed, resting his head on his hand.

I looked up in his eyes, lust passing in our gazes. I reached my lips up, barely touching his. He made a noise, pulling my head to his, deepening the kiss. He laced his fingers behind my neck, helping me on top of him.

I looked down at him, a smile playing on my lips. He smiled devilishly, running his hands up my sides. I shivered, letting out a soft moan. He bit his lip, trying to hold himself back.

I kissed him lightly again, "I love you so much it hurts."

He sighed, rolling over so he was on top, "I want to make it better." He said seductively.

I reattached my lips to his, pulling back and biting his lip. He groaned, trailing kisses down my neck..


~*~

"Lise, Lise? Elise, are you listening?" Tony asked, slightly shaking my arm.

I jumped, my heart racing, "Tony!" I said, reaching over the table and hugging him.

"Elise!" He said, trying to mimic my excitement, but his voice was full of concern, "Are you okay?"

I felt tears come to my eyes as I nodded, "Oh my god, Tony.." I trailed off.

He kissed my hand, "What?"

"I.. wow." I whispered, "I love you."

He looked over at me, "Wh-you.. what?"

I laughed, looking him over, "I'm okay. You're okay, thank god. Thank god!"

He looked more concerned now, "Are you sure you're okay..?"

I waved him off, "I'm fucking perfect!" I said, a little too loud. People looked over at me, clearing their throats.

Tony looked around, leaning in closer, "Hey, hey. Woah, what- what's going on?"

I smiled, kissing him, "I remember, Tony!" I said, excitement in my voice, "You were right, doing this," I gestured at the table, "Dating again, you telling me everything, just.. being with you, Vic, Leia, Hime, talking about Mike!" I squealed.

He gave me a cautious look, "I'm- you.."

I nodded, "Yes! I love you, I remember loving you! I remember falling in love with you, up on that hill. I remember every kiss, hug, touch. Hell, I remember every fuck!" I said, not caring anymore, I was just so happy "I remember, Tony!"

His smile widened, "Are you serious?"

I nodded fast, tears running down my cheeks.

He wiped the tears away, "I'm so, so glad. I'm so happy, this is perfect. I was worried you- you'd forgotten us for good." He pulled on my Padawan braid, "You're so perfect, I love you. I love you, and you remember that I love you!" He said.

I smiled again, wiping at my happy tears, "I love you!"

He nodded, taking his napkin wan wiping my face. I was crying really hard, shock and joy causing me to cry harder, "I love you, too."

The waiter cleared his throat, "Uh, are you ready to order?"

I looked over at Tony, my face flushing.

He smiled awkwardly up at him, "Yeah, um. We'll both have a salad." He looked over at me, "That's fine, right?"

I nodded, resting a hand on his.

The waiter nodded once, writing everything down. He sat the waters down on the table and walked back toward the kitchen.

I smiled over at Tony, "Sorry about that."

It was his turn to wave me off, "It's okay, I'm just happy you're happy, that you remember." He smiled, giving my hand a squeeze.

I laughed, "I love you, Tony Perry."

"I love you, too, Elise Sosbe."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay, she remembered! :) All I'm gonna say is expect lots of smut in the next couple chapters, and I won't say between who. ;)
littleedeath (woo! memory's back!)
mikkdx3 (sorry 'bout hurting your feels bby :C here you go!)
Spoileddxbrat (Tony is Lise's man, fOR NOW????? /foreshadowing)
FrankieFerocious! (eee, thank you! c: here you go, m'dear!)
iShotTheSherriff1313 (good awe or bad awe? :o)
tonyperry123 (was this good? C:)
RIP Mitchell Adam Lucker, bby you'll be desperately missed </3