Sequel: High School Rocks
Status: Completed

High School Sucks

Breathe

22--

"I'm fine!" Sohee exclaimed as she tried to get out of her hospital room. "I slept it off it's just that one time!"

Her mom wasn't having it. As a certified registered nurse, and the mother of this stubborn almost 18 year old she needed to get extra careful.

"Come on, hun, just stay home for today"

"NOOOO!!!!" Sohee whined. She looked at her daughter, her first born. She's never had an asthma attack this bad before. Doctors said it's because of potentially mono or some other strange disease but they won't know unless she stays in the hospital.

"Because you're turning 18 on Friday...ill let you make your own decison" Sohee hugged her loving mother, Sunye.

"Love you mom!" Sohee ran out of the room with Shay.

...

Matt looked at the footage on Sohee's camera on last time before Guy came to pick it up. He kept replaying the part where Sohee hugged Mike. "What does she seen in him" he muttered.

someone knocked on his door. "Come in if you have food" Sohee opened the door and winked.

"I always bring food" she threw an apple at him. It landed beside his head.

"Thanks, bro" He tossed her the camera.

"Thanks" she said. "Are you proud of us?" she sat at the edge of his bed.

"Of course. I think Kyle's doing a good job"

"He is...he's a bit aggressive but he looks just like you"

"He's ten shades darker then i am and he's like three sizes smaller"

"Imagine a little" she said. "Anyways, just wanted to get my camera...i'll snap chat you some pics if i remember"

"Cool...oh wait i heard about your hospital trip are you ok?"

"Yeah, the doctors wanted me to stay but...i'm turning 18 on Friday" they both smiled. "Anyways i'll be fine. It's probably mono" she said. "That's what my mom said. "So that's great...right?"

"Zack's one sly bastard"

"Funny...Vanessa just got mono too"

"Have you been getting into lesbian sex??" Sohee giggled.

"Yeah totally...anyways i'll send you the videos later" Sohee left. Matt smiled. He loved that slutty bitch. Unlike other girls who would have made it awkward she just pretended like nothing happened. That's what he needed right now.

...

"Stop making fun of me!" Shay exclaimed. She walked into study and put her things down. Like her older sister and mother she did the signature hips-on-hand motion.

"I'm not saying shit" Ryan said. He sat down at her table.

"You won't leave me alone will you? JUst because i'm from team purple?" Ryan smirked.

"Yup. The Sophomores rule!" Shay picked up her things and moved to another table but he followed her. Shay smirked. One more time she moved to another table and he followed.

Sohee told her little sister some hints on how to see if a guy likes you. Shay believed Ryan had to like her.

"Fine...tease me on how i'm a freshmen and i'll tease you on how cocky your class is" Ryan was silent. "Exactly"

"We're not cocky!"

"Puh-lease, you guys think you're going to win but Sohee has been around here for a while and when she was a sophomore they're class lead all four days so no way are the sophomores going to win if they're not winning already" she explained. She smiled.

"Yeah you're right...but still sophomores rule"

"Don't forget about the juniors. They are more athletic so...i can imagine they're right behind you"

"They are"

"And the seniors are ahead by almost 100 pts so...."

Ryan sighed. "But let's not talk about winter carnival" she said, quickly wanting to make him stay. "How's your day?"

"Well i stalked the junior-senior hall way to see how many kids were wearing neon this morning. They totally creamed us" they giggled. "But yeah, hows your day?"

"Good, being an innocent freshmen and all" Ryan smirked. "I'm surrprised the all powerful sophomore is sitting with moi!"

"You wanna know why??" Ryan asked. She nodded. He leaned in. "Because I think you're cute" he got up and went to another table in the library. Shay blushed.

...

Ross watched the people coming into Law, waiting for Holly so they could ttalk. He wasn't sure but he was starting to feel something for her again.

Holly came in and Ross wavd her over to sit next to her. "Hey" she said softly. Things between them still weren't ok. Especially since AJ's in the law class with them.

Lauren, Sohee and Vanessa all smirked at Holly and Ross and sit across the room from them.

"They look happy for you" Ross said.

"Lauren's been dying to get me back into the scene" Holly said. "But i don't know it's hard to explain why i don't want to"

"What did she tell you?" Ross asked. He didn't give her time to answer before he said: "Did she tell you to not give up because if you do, youre next relationship...whenever that happenes will be the same chain of events?"

"Basically...but you don't understand what it's like to be betrayed" Holly said. "Cheated on, left, by boyfriends, best friends" she said.

"Best friends?" Ross asked. "Best friends don't do that"

"Well that blond back stabbing bitch, did"

"What did Vanessa do?" Ross asked. He knew alot about Vanessa considering they're in different grades. But he did know she treated her friends and everyone close to her like trash and they still come crawling back to her.

"She told AJ something private of mine...that i'd rather not get into" she said. "And it ruined our relationship...even though my insecurities would eventually break us up anyways. So maybe she was just...helping"

"There you girls go again" Ross shook his head. "Making up excuses for her ridiculousnes" Ross said. "I mean, you and Sohee are literally tortured by her but you let it happen"

"Sohee isn't trashed by her" Holly then thought about the plan she made with Zack. "Well"

"Does she know the real reason why Randy broke up with her??"

"Um I believe last year she said he wanted to focus on himself...?"

"Nope" Ross said. "Vanessa told him if he didn't break up with her, she would tell the football coach he was smoking and drinking" Holly's jaw practically fell off.

"She's a life ruiner"

...

"On Wednesdays we wear pink!" SOhee announced as she sat down at lunch. "Excuse" she turned to Holly. "You're wearing yellow, it's wednesday...we wear pink" Holly smiled. "YOU CAN'T SIT WITH US!" she fake screamed.

"Well you wore your hair up in a pony tail more then 1 day!" Holly said.

"Fuck you!" they giggled.

Vanessa sat down. "So ok, so today's events are the obstacle course right?"

"Yup" Holly said.

"I'm doing the potatoe sack!" she announced. "I'm pumped. We'll definately crush the other grades"

"Hope so" Sohee said. Matt came up behind her and hugged her.

"HEY!" he said.

"Whoa! You're out of suspension?"

"Yeah, got out on 'good behavior'" he said. "Principal knows i'm the good guy and I never do these kind of things...anyways i got the academic challenge after school...are you coming?"

"Of course, Shay's going to be in it. Someone has to pick her up anyways so i might as well stay" she said.

"K, see you in English" Matt walked away. Heather waited until Matt was out of sight before brining up a new topic.

"Why are you still talking with Matt?" she asked.

"He's human. Humans have crushes on other humans. I don't want it to ruin our friendship" she explained. "I'm not looking for anything more then a friendship"

"Good for you" Vanessa said. "Leave some boys for the uggies" Sohee chuckled. "Speaking of boys i need to find a date for semi...i know it's months away but still my date needs to be as flashy and amazing as me"

"What about AJ?" Heather suggested. She turned to Holly. It was a test. If Vanessa does not want to see AJ for the obvious girl code reasons then she's a good friend if not then she's a terrible friend.

"Maybe" Vanessa said. "He's awfully cute" Vanessa smirked. Holly frowned.

"She's a life ruiner, she ruins lives" Heather said.

"What?"

"Nothing"

...

Before the day's Winter Carnival events, the obstacle course, Ryan waited for Shay outside the gym. He wanted to see her againn. He liked her. He didn't know how to explain it. For th first half of the year he really liked Sohee because she's older and she's charismatic and then Ryan met her little sister and was falling in love.

"Hey Ryan" Sohee said as she approached him. 'Wait, why are you wearing red??" she asked. "I thought you're a freshmen!"

"I'm a sophomore, Ash" he said. "I tried telling you but seniors now adays everything goes in one ear and out the other" Ash smirked.

"So i heard you're flirting with my sister..." she started. "I heard you like her" Ryan blushed. "She might like you too" he turned a bright red. "BUt we need to make a deal" Sohee stuck out her hand. He took it. "If you break her heart. I'll break your arm" they shook on it.

"Deal" Sohee smiled.

"Nice working with you...oh here's my little sister now!! Shay!!" she called. Shay walked over, smiling, looking at the ground trying not to make eye-contact with Ryan.

"Hey" she said softly.

"I have to go, see you after school love birds" Sohee walked into the gym. She looked into the bleachers looking for a seat with Vanessa and the others but Mike quickly came up to her.

"Hey, can i talk to you in private?" he asked.

"About what?"

"Can we just get out of here??"

"Sure" Mike took her down the hall in a corner where no one could see them. "What's up?"

"I feel bad having to tell you this" Mike said. "But no one else will and it's killing me...it has to do with Vanessa and your sketchy boyfriend that i call my best friend" he said. Sohee didn't like that her boyfriend and her best friend's names were in the same sentence. "Zack told me that he has a deal with Vanessa that he'll pretend to go out with you as lonng as Vanessa has sex with him" he paused, looked at the ground and then looked back up at Sohee's face. Her expression was so sad.

"What do you mean?"

"I...He told me he's meeting with Vanessa in the park if you want to catch them...if you don't believe me" A tear rolled down her face. She started hyperventalating. "Are you okay?" Sohee leaned over and grapsed at her lung area. She slid her back against the wall and sat on the floor. She pulled out her inhaler. "Everything's fine, Ash" he said. "Please breathe" she took a shot of her inhaler and started to calm down. Mike put her arms around her. "Breathe" Sohee took another shot of the inhaler and stopped panicking.

...

That night Mike picked Sohee up from her house. Around 7-ish. They drove a block from the elementary school park and then walked up to the park. They hid in the bushes and waited.

Vanessa showed up first. She sat on the swings for a good ten minutes before Zack showed up. Thats when Sohee lost it. She wanted to scream but Mike kept his hand over her mouth.

Vanessa and Zack sat on the swings for five minutes just talking before they got up and kissed.

"Let's go back to my place" they heard Vanessa muttered. Sohee squealed a bit too loud and Zack and Vanessa turned to the bushes. Sohee stood up, got out of Mike's grasp and made it over to the swings.

"FUCK" Zack exclaimed. Sohee was crying before she could even start talking.

"How could you!" she exclaimed. "I trusted you as my fucking best friend and you betray me!" she wailed. She covered her face. "And yoU!" she pointed to Zack. "I can't even" she turned back to Mike. "Please take me home" she said. Mike put her hoodie around her and took her back to his car.