Status: I wrote this one summer after meeting the inspiration of this story. Maybe you can find out who is it :):):)

Emerald Eyes

I Finally Got The Courage

School the next day was okay. My weekend went by quickly. I spent it mostly in the pool, lying around on a floater. I was thinking about Ava. Every time I closed my eyes, I only saw her angelic face. When I opened them, my brain wouldn’t shut up. It kept telling I had to make a move, a quick one, before I finish another school year and felt like I missed out.

I wasn’t really paying that much attention to Mrs. Edmondson’s lecture on The Catcher in the Rye in English Literature. I was droned off into my own world. The bell finally rang, and I was in the hallways again, making my way to the locker. I saw Ava. She appeared in the hallway entrance from outside. She looked prettier than ever. Her white blouse was neatly worn above her denim jeans. She walked slowly with her hair down. I felt stomach quiver with butterflies. My heart began beating at a rapid rate. My feet wouldn’t move from the ground.

I felt like there was an uncontrollable force yielding me to the floor. She carefully held her books in her arms. I kept staring at her, holding onto mine. I wanted to go up and talk to her, ask her if she needed someone to walk with. Most times I saw her walking alone. Sometimes she talked with her classmates, but other than that, Ava’s most-liked friend would probably be Summer Roberts. She was coming towards me now.

Metres away… my feet still wouldn’t move. I had to talk to her. Ava then, for what it seemed like, glanced at me. I wasn’t sure if she was staring at me or someone else. Then she continued walking, down the long hallway, right past me. I turned around from where I was standing and sighed, watching her walk down the hallway and turning to another corridor. During lunch, I gaped at her again. She managed to sit with some other girls. I saw Summer Roberts sitting next to her, cheerfully talking to Jensen twins, Kayla and Layla. Ava ate quietly, slowly nibbling on celery sticks and an apple. She drank from a bottled water and twisted the cap back on every now then. I sat with my friends three tables away from her.

I didn’t feel like eating anything, I only had a bottled water. She looked again after biting into her apple, watching me from the school cafeteria. I immediately looked down, hoping she wouldn’t figure out I was staring at her. Her glance was alert and sudden, I grew reluctant. The final bell of seventh period finally rang. I was glad school was over. I put my books away in my locker and followed my friends outside to the lawn.

Once again, there she was reading by herself on a bench. Her wavy hair was down, covering the sides of her face, but not revealing her appeal appearance. She looked like she was really absorbed into her novel. After moments of staring at her from across the lawn, I couldn’t take it anymore. I placed my backpack on one of the many metallic tables, the nods from freshmans sitting there informed me that would watch it for me. I watched through the courtyard until I reached the benches. I was right behind Ava now. She still sat there reading. I took a silent breath and said, “Hey.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Asher's POV :):):)