Status: I wrote this one summer after meeting the inspiration of this story. Maybe you can find out who is it :):):)

Emerald Eyes

The Music Room

I was happy I wasn’t the only one between the two of us who hadn’t been kissed. I had to ask Ava that question. I really wanted to kiss her, but I was unsure. I bet Ava has kissed tons of guys by now. My Mom told me boys go after girls who are the nice and quiet type, they normally avoid the bratty ones. I’m glad Ava didn’t ask me the same question or I would just look really immature. I couldn’t believe all was happening though, I was in Ava Stream’s room. Her room looked like one in the movies. Everywhere was so clean and tidy. Her queen-sized bed had purple bed dresses. I could tell her favourite color was violet because most things in her room were purple. She smiled as she sat down beside me. All this was too good to be true. A few days ago, I was more afraid than ever to talk to the girl I liked, now I was in her bedroom. “Do you want anything,” she angelically asked. I looked into her violet eyes, they were amazing. “No thanks,” I said. I was still obviously staring at her. “What is it?” she finally asked, tilting her head to one side. I shook myself back into my senses and turned red, “Nothing.” I could feel her smiling at me. I wish I wasn’t acting so dumb right now, she must probably think I’m a jerk by now. ”I really appreciate you walking me home, that was really nice of you,” Ava said. “No problem,” I said looking down at the floor. “You’re the first boy that’s ever done that for me,” Ava said. I looked up at her, she was staring down now. “You’re cool Ava,” I said. She looked up at me and smiled. “I bet your Mom is just like you, easy-going….calm….” I said. Ava breathed and looked away sharply. I think I offended her. “What is it?” I asked curiously. “Was it something I said?” Ava stared down at the floor, “Asher…” she began glancing at me and then back at the floor. Her eyes were tear-stained now. I knew I hurt her somehow. “My mom…” she said. “Passed away ten years ago,” she said. I hope she wouldn’t cry. I frowned. “Oh,” I said. “How can I say something so stupid?” I thought to myself. “I’m really sorry,” I said trying to sympathize with her. I placed my hand on her shoulder, “I didn’t know.” “It’s okay,” she said softly. She wiped her eyes with her fingers. She was really making me feel bad right now. I didn’t know what it like to lose someone. My maternal grandfather passed away before I was born, other than that I’ve never experienced the grief of actual death. Ava took a deep breath and sighed looking up to the ceiling and then at me.

“I think you should go now,” she whispered. I understandingly nodded.

I made my way to her bedroom door and looked back, “See you in school tomorrow,” I said.

“Yeah,” she said. I left her bedroom and walked the staircase. By the time I was outside, I started walking back to my house. The next day in school was funny. I felt bad about Ava. I wished I didn’t bring up her mother. I wanted to make it up to her by inviting her to my house after school. I thought it was good idea, after all, I knew she would like it. I just didn’t know when to ask her though. I even had a better motive. I was going to ask Ava Stream out.

There was an annual bonfire held every year at Newport Beach. I went last year with some friends and it was a lot of fun. But I just wanted to the two of us to go together. It was a perfect idea. And maybe I’d finally ask the question I had been bearing in my head since day one, if she was willing to be my girlfriend. I had never had a girlfriend before, but I wanted Ava Stream to be my first.

I didn’t want to ask her in the halls, I felt it had to be somewhere private, so I went to my old spying area, where I’d spy on Ava: The Music Room. I made my way there during free period. She was playing the piano alone. Luckily there were two entrances to the music room. One on the other side of Mr. Bolton’s office and one behind the piano.

I stood outside the door behind the piano and saw Ava from behind. As I opened the door, I could hear Pachebel playing in perfect key. Everyone knew Ava Stream was a prodigy. She always had straight A’s, did ballet, and played the violin, piano, the guitar and the harp. I slowly walked to up to her from behind, leaving the door open, avoiding any noise. When I stood behind her, I playfully put my hand over her eyes. She slowly stopped playing and laughed.

“Summer?” she giggled.

“No… wait, these hands are…” I took my hand from her eyes and Ava turned around.

“Asher,” she breathed.

“Hi,” I said. I sat down to her on the piano stool.

“Look Ava, I am really sorry about yesterday,” I began.

“It’s okay,” Ava said. “What?” I asked.

“It happens, I get used to it,” she said. I looked at Ava.

“You sure?” I asked.

“Yeah,” Ava nodded. It took me awhile to believe her, but I did.

“So what brings you to the Music Room?” Ava chuckled.

“I want to you ask you something,” I said smiling.

“What is it?” Ava asked.

I paused, “I want you to come to my place,” I grinned.

“You mean it?” Ava smiled. I smiled back. Then for the first time, Ava Stream hugged me. She smelled so good, I wish I could hug her all day, she smelled of lavender.

“Yeah, I have a pretty cool family,” I said.

“Okay,” Ava beamed.

“I’d love to.”

“Great,” I smiled.

“I’ll wait for you by your locker after school.”

“Okay,” she said again. I stared at Ava for few more seconds, she did the same, but then looked back at the piano.

“Oh,” I said getting up. “Yeah,” Ava whispered.

“See you after school,” I said. “Okay, bye Asher,” Ava said softly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Asher's POV :) Thanks for reading!