Status: Acive, but currently on hold.

You can't cure me (REWRITING)

Chapter 2 - Secrets

The guy comes closer and stops right beside me. He is completely out of breath.
“I’m… so..so-sorry.” He says in between breaths. “I was just lighting a cigarette when she took off. I’m really sorry.” He says.
“Don’t worry about it, whatever-your-name-is. She seems like a good dog.” I smile and look up to the man, shielding my eyes from the sun with my hands.
“I’m Jake Pitts.” He says holding his hand out.
“Well, nice to meet you, Jake Pitts. My name’s Lisa.” I say as I shake his hand.
His gaze falls upon the book lying next to me where I'd put it after Trixy interrupted my reading.
“What are you reading, if I may ask?” he asks.
“Wow, we just met and you’re already trying to play the ‘pretending-I’m-interested-card’? Or is that genuine interest you’re showing? It’s really hard to tell the difference.” I say. I know it's harsh thing to say, but I kind of want to be alone. I like being alone better than being with someone. I got hurt in the past one too many times and I don’t want that to happen again.
“No, I’m genuinely interested. But if you don’t like to talk about books, then at least tell me what you’re listening to?” he says waking my up from my thoughts.
“I’m listening to “New Religion” by Black Veil Brides.” I sigh, still wishing for him to just leave me alone.
“You a fan?” he asks. I frown.
“No, not really. It’s the only song by them I know, actually. Never felt like fully checking their music out to be honest.” I reply.
Jake chuckles slightly.
“What?” I ask confused.
“Nothing.” His simple answer comes..
“Alright then.” I sigh and go to lay my head back on my handbag.
“ It’s just, I heard of this band before. Their music is really worth checking out. You might be surprised.” He chuckles again.
“Oh I see, now you’re trying to play the whole ‘’acting-all-mysterious-card”, aren’t you?” I ask. Why can’t he just go away so I can finally go on reading.
“What’s with the tone? I’m only trying to be nice and have a chat with you. I’m not trying to flirt with you.” he says startled by my tone.
“Nothing. I’ve got to go anyway. Nice talking to you.” I say as I stand up, grabbing my belongings.
“Okay, well, bye then. And make sure to check out the band. You might see a familiar face.” He grins. I roll my eyes.
“I’ll check them out tonight. Bye, and try not to lose that dog of yours again.” I smile and walk away.
There's something about that guy that fascinates me. I slap myself mentally for thinking that thought. There's no way we're going to be friends. Every friend I‘ve had so far left me. Why would he be any different?

I open the door of my house and glance at the clock on the wall. It's nearly 5.30. Time to make dinner. I look in the fridge but there's no food in it that I fancied. Time for some grocery shopping I guess. I haven’t even taken off my jacket so I just have to grab my handbag and head out the door and to the grocery store. I am pretty lucky there's a shop near my place. I plan on getting the essentials for a salad. I'm not really hungry and I don’t even know how much money I have left on my bank account. Maybe I should check first? It would be pretty embarrassing to stand there at the cash register ready to pay and then finding out your credit card is maxed out. I shrug, ‘embarrassing’ is pretty much my middle name and after all, how much can the ingredients for a simple salad cost? I continue my way to the store and grab a shopping basket. I go straight over to the fruit and vegetables section of the building. I grab some lettuce, a couple of tomatoes and a cucumber. I then go to the dairy section and take some feta cheese. I'm a sucker for cheese.
I go to the cash register and fortunately, I have enough money.

Back home I wash the lettuce and vegetables and cut them into pieces. I'm not much of a cook. As a matter of fact, I hate it. But I don’t want to live on fast food only, so I try to cook some fresh meals 4 times a week. I'm listening to Automatic Loveletter while putting everything on a plate. I love Juliet’s voice so much, but I love the lyrics even more. It's my wish to meet her someday. But I know that"s never going to happen. I turn off the music and take my plate and go to sit in front of my computer. I still have to check if I have new orders. I run an online shop on which I sell self-made jewelry. That’s how I can pay the rent for this house. I still have the assurance money of the fire, but I refuse to use it. It brings back memories I don’t want to remember.
I look at the site and smile when I see I have got a couple of new orders. I look through them and when I see the black rose ring, I'm reminded that I need to check out that Black Veil Brides band.

~Jake’s point of view~
“Hey man, what are you so smiley about?” Ashley asks me after our practice.
“I met a girl in the park today. I don’t know, dude, there’s something about that girl that’s different. She was listening to “New religion” today but she wasn’t a fan. She just liked the song. It was nice to finally be able to talk to someone that doesn’t care I’m in a band, you know? She’s so mysterious.” I explain.
“Sounds like someone’s in love..” Ashley smirks.
“No, I’m not. I just would like to get to know her a bit more.”
“How are you going to do that? Who says you’re going to see her again?” asks CC who has been following the conversation. The guy’s got a point. I think about it.
“I am going back to the park tomorrow. She might be there again.” I say. I'm determined to uncover whatever secrets she's holding.