Status: Done

Kadreims

Opposites Attract

*2 days later*

"BABY YOU LIGHT UP MY WORLD LIKE NO BODY ELSE!!" Kadri and Reimer sang on their way home. James was driving with one hand on the steering wheel and the other hand was locked up in Nazem's fingers which reached onto his lap. They knew all the lyrics to the song by One Direction, although they had completely different taste in other music, they both were huge 1D fans.

Once they stopped at a traffic light, James turned to Nazem and asked "My place or yours?"

"Where ever you want, babe." Kadri said softly.

Reimer nodded and turned to face the front again. He tried to hide his red cheeks from him by ducking his head so that his hoodie was covering his ears and lower cheek area. After a 30 minute drive around the city, they stopped at Reimer's place and got out of the car. Reimer unlocked the front door of his house and told Kadri to step inside first.

"Wait- is April here?" he stopped half way through the door.

"No," Reimer smiled. "She went to London (ON) to visit a friend of her's who just had a baby."

"Oh, alright.." Nazem replied. They sat down on the couch together and turned on the TV. "babies are great."

"Uh, yeah, sure."

"You don't like them?" Nazem looked at him with a shocked look on his face.

"I never said that, I just.. I don't think I want kids right now, y'know?" he said while petting his dog, Optimus.

"Why?" Kadri asked.

"I'm not ready."

"How come?"

"What's with the 20 questions!?" Reimer spat out.

"Alright, geez, sorry.."

Reimer sighed. "Sorry for yelling at you, honey."

"It's alright, sugarplum." Kadri blushed.

"Do you ever.. think about us?" Reimer asked shyly.

"Well," Kadri started. "honestly, yes. All the time. I kind of.. wanted to.. never mind."

"What?"

"You'll get mad and won't agree."

"Say it."

"I kinda wanted to adopt a baby with you...."

James Reimer stared at Nazem Kadri for a bit. Nazem looked like he was gonna break down and cry because of the look James was giving him. Reimer looked confused and creeped out.

"Fuck. I knew I shouldn't have said it. You don't even fucking care." Kadri got up and started speed walking to the door.

"Naz, wait."

Kadri turned around and yelled, "Why are you with April!? You're gay and you know it."

"No i'm not. I'm not gay. I'm straight. I have a wife and I want to keep her. It was just a one time thing with you and now you won't fucking go away."

"But.." a few tears slid down Kadri's face. "The hug after the game against the Sens a few days ago. The kiss. Everything. It was all just a 'one time thing'?"

"Yes." Reimer said sharply.

"Then why the hell did you just tell me to wait, huh?" he took a few steps closer to Reims.

"Because." James said.

"Because why!?"

Reimer pushed Kadri up against the wall. Optimus started barking loudly. Kadri looked scared, he had never seen this side of Reimer before. His eyes were a dark shade of blue. The 50th shade he's ever seen. Dark like a before-evening sky. "

"I wanted to tell you that I do love you. I do. I will never not love you. But i'm straight, Naz. Cheating on April is the hardest thing I do every time i'm with you. I fucking hate it. I feel guilty every time I look at her. It's true, I can't help it. Maybe i'm bi. I'm going to force myself to stay with her and away from you. It's the way it's going to be for a while. I'm sorry." Reimer said and kissed Kadri softly on his wet lips. They kissed gently for a few moments and slowly moved back and looked at each other. Reimer released Kadri and he met the few inches of space between his feet and the floor.

"What are you going to do?" Nazem sighed and ran his fingers through Reimer's spiked hair.

"I think I need some time to think everything over.." he said truthfully.

"I understand. I'll leave you-"

"Don't say that." Reimer interrupted. "Even if you're just returning home, don't say you're leaving me. Don't say that word."

"I-"

"Don't. Nazem you have to promise me you'll never leave and i'll promise I will find a way to be with you forever even if it means going all-gay for you."

"I promise." he said after a few seconds. Kadri wrapped his hands around Reimer's waist and they kissed one more time. "What are we, James? I don't get it. Are we dating?"

"I'm not even sure anymore what's going on. We'll figure it out, okay? I promise you that. For now.... we can be friends with benefits." he smiled.

Reimer took Kadri by the hand and they started walking upstairs to James' room together.. ...
♠ ♠ ♠
to be continued lol lololll ollol