Status: I have pretty much finished this story and I just need to upload it

Heart Attacks Waiting to Happen

Sometimes you got to fall before you fly

Muse’s POV:

“How are you?”

“Oli you don’t need to keep checking on me.” I said quietly. “Those pills they gave me are freaking awesome. I cant feel my back.” I was stretched out on the isle between the bunks.

“I just thought that I should ask seeing as you are on the floor.”

“If I fall asleep I don’t want to be attacked again. Imagine that.” I muttered and put my head on my arms.

“She isn’t coming back Muse. It is safe to sleep in the bunk.”

“Also I don’t see why you would want me there. I am not going to steal your bed.”

“It woudnt be stealing. It is called sharing and I am not going to let you sleep on the floor where someone could step on you.” he said and sat next to me. “Sleep on the inside of the bed. If anyone gets pissed I would be the one receiving the hits.”

“I would feel guilty then.” I yawned.

“Okay I don’t really care you are sleeping in the bunk.” he said and picked me up off of the floor and put me in the bunk. I opened my eyes and glared at him.

“You are mean.”

“You’re stubborn.”

“Yes I am . You’re point is?”

“That four maybe five or six drunk guys are going to be here within the hour and you refused to sleep off the floor.”

“Why didn’t you go out with them?” I asked. “If people would sell alcohol to me I would be out drinking. My body wouldn’t hurt as much.”

“I stayed behind because one of my friends isn’t doing well and I don’t want her to do something stupid.” he said and rested his head on the edge of the bed.

“Oh so you’re worried about me huh?” I said and leaned forward. “Is there anything else Mr. Sykes?”

“There might be.” he smiled.

“Well what is it?”

“Hmm when I am drunk I… get in trouble.”

“When I am drunk I am brutally honest. I cannot lie no matter how hard I try.” I said and tilted my head. He smiled at this.

“So if you were drunk now I could ask you any question and you would answer it?” he asked with a devilish grin.

“Yup and I wouldn’t remember telling you.” I said and smiled lazily. “I try my hardest not to lie as it is but when I am sober sometimes I just don’t answer.”

“You want a drink?”

“What do you want to ask me Oli?” I asked suspiciously.

“Um a couple of things…”

“Just ask me.”

“I don’t want you to remember me asking you. I might be embarrassed by your answer.” he said and looked at the blanket.

“Oh you’re blushing.” I giggled. “What ever you ask I wont laugh at you or anything. I promise.”

“Um can I lay up there with you?”

“Sure it is your bed after all.” I laughed and scooted over so he had room. I propped myself up on one elbow to examine his face. “Now I know that wasn’t the question.” I laughed. He propped himself up facing me and a small smile played at his lips.

“Who did you pay to see at the show?”

“Bring Me the Horizon, Of Mice & Men, Black Veil Brides and Asking Alexandria.” I said.

“During the fight why did you shield me instead of running away?”

“Because if I ran away I would’ve been proving everyone I knew right. I would’ve proved that I
wasn’t good for anything and that I was a coward. I stayed to prove to myself that I could do something right with my life. Say they would’ve killed you or put you in a serious coma. What do you think that would’ve done to your fans?” I said and poked his throat softly where the glass would’ve got him.

“What would it have done?” he asked softly.

“A couple people I used to know would’ve been severely depressed. A couple probably would’ve attempted suicide. A couple would’ve been pissed at everything.”

“DO you fit in any of them?”

“Well yeah.”

“Which one?”

“Why do you want to know?”

“Morbid curiosity.”

“Okay if you must know… the second group after being in the first.” I said honestly and looked at him daring him to laugh.

“Why would you have done that? At that point you didn’t know me.”

“I still don’t know you but it is because of your role in the music that I call home. I love music and you dieing would’ve killed me.” I said.

“Just me dying? But your mom…”

“I hated her.” I growled. “I am sorry that she is dead because no one deserves to die like that… well some people do but she wasn’t like that. I just never liked her. She didn’t like me and well yeah… I don’t miss her but I wish I could’ve helped her… if that makes any sense.”

“It does.” he said quietly. “Do you regret doing that now that you were seriously hurt?”

“Nope.” I said and put my head on the pillow. “Now not only do I still love your music but I can consider you a friend. I don’t like the pain but it was worth it.”

“Can I ask you to do a favor for me?”

“I guess.” I said.

“Do not punch me.” he said shakily.

“Why would I…” I started to say but was cut off by him pressing his soft lips to mine. I froze in surprise. His hand touched the side of my face gently and rubbed small circles with his thumb. When I gathered my senses again I leaned into the kiss and placed my hand on the back of his neck and played with the soft hair.

HEY OLIVER!” a voice yelled and then was fallowed by a chorus of drunk laughter,

“I guess they are home now.” he murmured and pecked my lips before rolling out of the bunk to go talk to his drunk friends. I laid back gingerly on my back and stared at the ceiling breathing hard.

“What in the hell just happened?” I asked myself quietly. I heard the guys laughing out front and just decided to go to sleep. I would let this pass over and if he wanted to talk then so be it. I closed my eyes and drifted off into a peaceful sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright so a little warning not that I update regularily now but... shit just went down in my life right now and i promise to try my hardest to keep updating but there isnt a promise. I get a lot of support from my readers (intentionally or not). The fact that I have subscribers helps a bit and I am thanking you all right now because the 'support' keeps me sane and I love you all. <6663

~

Title Credit: Sleeping With Sirens- Who Are You Now?