Sequel: Land Ahead.

Take Me to Neverland.

The Dark created to hide the innocent white, the lust of night

Two Weeks Later

There is a fog of tension clouding the ship since I slapped Maggie. She won’t talk to me, or even look at me. She’s moved out of the cabin room and has been spending most of her time distancing herself from the crew. She’s barely working and when she is working, she’s colder than the icy waters below us. I’m to blame, I know this. I wish things could have been better.

“You needed to see me?” Maggie says, creeping into the cabin room.

“We need to talk.” I tell her.

“Are we going to talk this time or are you going to slap me again?” She spits out.

“Are we going to talk or are you just going to call Milah a whore again?” I spit right back, causing a smirk to come across Maggie’s lips.

“You really did love her didn’t you?” She questions me. “You wouldn’t be this hell bent on killing Rumpelstiltskin if he didn’t kill her. You’d be able to live with a hook for a hand but you can’t live without Milah.” I stand there in silence, thinking over her words. “Why are you stringing me along, Killian?” She asks, my name beautifully rolling off her tongue. “I am only here because I remind you of your lost love?”

“You are like Milah, yes, but it’s not the only reason why you’re here.” I admit to her. “I took a liking to you since the night we met Maggie; you’re something special, something different. I can’t quite explain it.”

“Please just tell me why I’m truly here; this isn’t about me working on the boat and this isn’t about Neverland anymore. Because if that were still true, we would have been to Neverland by now. No, you need me for something else.”

“Maybe I get lonely.” I shrug, causing the tiny girl in front of me to let out a hardy laugh.

“You’re a pirate Killian, you can have any girl you want in any of the ports.” She points out. “You don’t care if I girl is married or not; if you want them, you get them. You’ve said it yourself, you’ve had plenty of men’s wives. Why not take one of them?”

“You’re different; you’re not afraid to talk back and you know you’re way around a ship and a sword. You’re the perfect pirate.” I explain to her.

“You’re prolonging the trip to Neverland because you’re afraid I won’t come back with you? That I’ll leave?” She asks, sounding like it’s a ludicrous idea that I’ve grown attached to her.

“Don’t sound so surprised.” I scoff. “Like I just told you, darling; you’re different.”

“Can I get back to work now?” she asks. “We’ve got a couple hours before we hit port.”

“Go ahead.” I sigh. She nods her head before walking out, but stops before he gets to the door. She turns around and walks over to me; kissing my cheek. “What’s that for?”

“I was wrong, you’re not like other pirates.” Was all she said before walking out of the room. I shake my head as a smile creeps onto my lips; she’s something else…
♠ ♠ ♠
Maggie

chapter title credit: Whoever Brings the Night by Nightwish

I have a sequel in mind and this might be ending soon; not sure yet.

comment&subscribe?