‹ Prequel: Killing Me Slowly
Status: I want to dedicate this to all my readers who have stuck with me from the very beginning when i first published Secrets Will Kill You. It really means a lot.

Breathe Life Into Me

Wanting A Happily Ever After...

When I was a little girl I used to dream about my once upon a time followed by my happily ever after. My favorite story was Sleeping Beauty because even though Aurora and Philip were strangers they were willing to let themselves fall in love with perfect strangers because they believed in true love and love at first sight. Then, I met Sam and even at four years old I thought I had found my Prince Philip. As I got older I saw how my perspective on love was far fetched, Sleeping Beauty turned into Creeping Beauty (I mean, strangers falling in love? How unrealistic) and I came to the realization that I couldnt possibly fall for a Winchester, let alone a hunter. After everything Mel told me about her dad and his “night job” I found myself thinking the idea of falling for Sam or someone like him was completely and utterly crazy! But the more times the boys came home or the more times I went with Mel on her “field trips” with her father then the more I found myself reconsidering.

Eventually, I grew out of fairy tales and started focusing on real love anywhere I could get it. My parents were always gone and all I had was Mel and her family. But there was still something missing. The love of someone else. Someone who I felt wasnt forced to love me just because their family came with the “Best Friend Package”. I needed and I craved love from outsiders because they didnt know me from the get-go. I looked for a while, searching in all the wrong places...until Sam, Dean and Mel were the only people in my lives. The only ones that ever mattered.

I still remember, clear as day, Sam was sitting by the river freeing a scared turtle from a set trap. I dont know what it was...maybe it’s because I was only 15 and found everything adorable and cute...or maybe I just knew. It took me a while to really realize I had real feelings for him but it came with time.

And it wasn't until three days before my sixteenth birthday when Tommy Devito broke up with me and since I didn't sleep with him he had spread a rumor around school about me being a tease. High school's rough to begin with, I didn't need him making it worse. But, then, Dean was there. He had taken me to get my license and that same day I drove us to Tommy's place and we both egged his house, toilet papered his trees and the enxt day there was a pair of Tommy's underwear hanging from the flag pole outside of school and Dean made sure everyone knew whose they were.

Then, to top it off, when I found out my parents had cancelled my Sweet Sixteen because of a business trip they were going on, that night I came home to a house that was being trashed by a couple hundred of partying teenagers. Of course Mel was behind it. She always knew how to throw a great party and she knew tons of people. I may not have known everyone that was there that night but I’ll never forget what she said to me: Your parents may not be here to celebrate but it doesnt mean we can’t take advantage of a perfectly good empty house, right? You only turn 16 once and everyone deserves to have a great Sweet Sixteen”. The thing is, she said this to me every year and at first I didn't understand why she cared so much about my birthday...and then I began to realize how scary life really is and that it can end at any moment.

Every broken heart Dean was there to kick ass, every need for comfort Sam was there to hold my hand, and every bump and bruise and pain I experienced Mel was there to lend me her shoulder to keep me standing and to guide me. That’s just how it was. They all had more experience with life and the dangers that came with it but somehow I was the more broken one. And they were always there to pick up my pieces. I knew somehow that they would be the ones to never leave. They were my real family. They were all I needed and they will be all I ever need.

~~~~

Not too sure how Crowley managed to get his hands on Sheriff Mills but honestly I’m not too sure how Crowley manages anything. He called off his threat on her though once we offered a deal. We stop the trials and hand over the demon tablet as long as he gives us the angel tablet and he stops killing. I also wasnt sure about our plan...if we even had a plan. At this point we were kind of just winging it.

“You hid the Demon Tablet underneath the devil? Seriously?” Dean commented as we walked up to Kevin who was digging beneath a billboard advertising a Chili restaurant with the face of a devil on it.

“I was delirious” he defended as he pulled out both pieces of the tablet and put them back together.

We watched as the pieces rebounded together and he handed it to Mel. “You sure this is gonna work?” he wondered.

“What choice do we have?” I sighed.

“All right, listen, this is a secret lair. You understand me? No keggers” Dean instructed, handing Kevin the key to the bunker.

“I don't have any friends” he reminded him.

“Yeah, well...”

“Just lay low, okay? Who knows? You'll be a mathlete again before you know it” Mel smiled at him but it was a really weak one; very unsure of herself, unsure of what we were about to do.

“You guys?” Kevin voiced, making us all turn to face him again. “You're doing the right thing” he said and I saw how much he believed in that...in us.... I only hope that he’s right to do so.

The car ride to Bobby’s junk yard was incredibly silent. I could feel the weight of the world loading onto our shoulders once again and the pressure was weighing us down. It wasnt just the fact that this was a very serious situation but it was a situation that I saw no way out of. I needed reassurance. And seeing Mel sit beside me without a worried look on her face...I found myself wondering again. Is she back? Does she remember? Why wont she say...?

I realized Dean parked the car and everyone went to get out but I reached for Mel’s hand to quickly stop her. She looked back at me and slowly started to shut the door again, telling the boys to give us a second. She looked me in the eye.

“Something wrong?” It took everything I had to not strangle her.

“I...I’m not sure...I need you to...” I couldn't even find the right words.

“Brit...everything’s going to be fine...”

Hearing her say it seemed to not be enough anymore. “How do you know? I need you to tell me how you know” I pleaded, on the brink of hysteria.

Her smile was gone. “I don’t know. But that doesn't mean we give up...when has it ever meant that...”

“You can’t say stuff like that, Melissa. Because then I start to think that it’s really you...”

“But it is me, Brit...”

“No, I mean...”

“I know what you mean” she sighed. I narrowed my eyes at her. “Look, can this...” she tried getting out of the car again.

No, it can’t wait” I waited for her to continue.

She faced me completely. “It was after Charlie took off and I was waiting to be sure that it wasnt a trick...I mean, at first it was coming in little pieces, flashes and then it was coming brick by brick and I was nervous and anxious to tell you because I didnt want to give you this false hope and I wanted to just wait until this was all over so then we would be able to celebrate but i see you're literally driving yourself insane, so...”

She was talking too fast and it was taking me a minute to catch up to her pace. “Mel, take a breath” I said quickly and she stopped. “Why didnt you say anything? Why didnt you tell any of us? Tell me? I mean, I just...I dont understand...”

“Look” she took my hands in hers. “I am sorry I didnt tell you. I wanted to, I really did...I just wasnt sure how to...”

Hey, Brit. I remember who you are again wouldve been a good start” I half mocked. “But right now we have bigger fish to fry”

“Bigger than this? Mel, you...you’re you!” I tried to get through to her, while also trying to process her words. But I found myself unable to fight back a smile and even a tear that I quickly wiped away.

She laughed. “Yes, I’m me, Brit. I can’t remember everything but I remember enough. It’s still coming bit by bit but for the most part...”

“You’re you...” I repeated, still unsure of the new situation.

“I’m me” she smiled.

Now I was in a complete fog. I couldnt find it in me though to really be mad at her so I just pulled her close and hugged her so tight I never wanted to let go.

“Hey, you guys coming or not?” Dean tapped on the window.

I ignored him though. “Mel...I’m...” I was choking back some tears now. There was a time when I really thought she was gone forever...but here she is....

“I know. We all are. But ya just gotta trust me, okay? It’ll be fine” she assured me.

How could I not believe her? I would probably jump into a pool of sharks if she told me everything would be alright. I trusted her with everything I had...with my own life and with all of my being....

“Does Dean know?” I asked.

She just shrugged and smiled. “I dont know” She’s the only person I know who would take this so lightly...who would put the world before her own problems...

She got out of the car and I quickly did the same as I saw her give Dean a secretive smile which he couldnt comprehend or understand. “Hey...you okay?” Sam murmured to me.

“Uhh yea...yea I’m fine” I smiled up at him and he still eyed me.

“You sure?” A smile played on his lips and I found myself averting my eyes as heat rushed to my cheeks. He chuckled.

“What?” I narrowed my eyes up at him.

He grinned. “Nothing...you’re just...” He stopped short though and the way he was looking at me...it’s been a while since I’ve been looked at like that by him.

“Hey, love birds! You coming?” Dean called to us.

Sam didnt take his eyes off me though. He just took my hand and lead me over to them. I ignored the fact that he felt so fragile yet strong at the same time but I couldnt ignore the fluttering in my stomach.

“Hello, kids” We spun quickly, coming face to face with Crowley as he kept his distance. “What's that old expression? Success has many fathers. Failure is a Winchester” he taunted, subtly gesturing in our direction. “Where's the stone?”

“You show us yours and we'll show you ours” Dean spoke, keeping his eyes on Crowley.

“Really, Dean? In front of your lover...?” I watched his eyes move to Mel. “Are you still lovers? I can hardly keep up with the hot juicy bits anymore. Between the four of you...” When he saw we were all unresponsive to his banter he just moved on. “Anyway...while you want to talk dangly bits I'm trying to conduct a professional negotiation here. The stone" he demanded.

Sam opened up his jacket. “Whoa, whoa, whoa. Slowly” he instructed and Sam slowly pulled out the tablet, presenting it to Crowley. “There she is” he commented and then showed us he had the angel tablet as well.

“And the contract?” Mel voiced. I jumped at how strong she sounded. Crowley pulled out a scroll and then threw it outwards so it unraveled a good ten feet.

“Yeah, I'm sure there's no hidden agendas in there” I grunted at him.

“The highlights: we swap tablets, you stand down from the trials forever”

“You stop killing everyone we've ever saved” Sam added.

“Agreed” he nodded.

Dean started to reach in his inside pocket where he had a pen ready. “Uh-uh-uh...nice try, squirrel. The Queen and Moose are doing these trials. The Queen and Moose sign" vhe gestured to Mel and sam.

“No, no. They’re not signing anything until I read the fine print” he countered.

“I can read it” Sam stepped up, reaching for the pen but I grabbed his arm to hold him back.

“You wanted us here and we’re here. But we’re not going to let him screw us even more, Sam. Let Dean read it” I urged.

He stared at me for a long moment and suddenly the look from before was gone and now he looked on at me in in a very...unfamiliar way. As if just looking at my face caused him to spiral into a million thoughts. His change of moods were giving me whip lash.

“What's this? Trouble in paradise, kids?” Crowley smirked.

We all hung back as Dean picked up the end of the scroll and started skimming the words with every step he took closer to Crowley. “Hey” Sam whispered in my ear. Chills.

“Yea?” I whispered back.

“We have to talk”

“About what?”

He hesitated. “Us...?”

I snapped my eyes up at him in...shock I guess. “Now? You want to talk about us now?” I hissed.

“No? Not now? Okay, never mind” he said quickly, brushing it off.

“What’s with you? Why are you...”

“Acting weird? Dont know. Maybe it’s the side effects of the trials or maybe...I’m just starting to...”

“To what, Sam?” He just stared at me though without saying another word. I eyed him. “Sam...?”

“You're gonna move your lips the whole way up here, aren't you?” Crowley addressed Dean.

I looked to see he was two feet away from Crowley now. “Shhh” Sam murmured. Did he just shush me?! He’s the one who brought this up! What the hell!?

“You know why I always defeat you? It's your humanity. It's a built-in handicap. You always put emotion ahead of good, old-fashioned common sense. Let's have the big galoot and your trusty stead sign it now, shall we?”

Just listening to this ass talk about Mel that way made me want to rip his throat out...but one look at her smirk and her calm demeanor made me relax. And in a matter of 10 seconds Dean pulled out his cuffs, slapping one end on Crowley’s wrist and the other end onto his own. I froze for a second, letting my brain process the action. It worked?!

“Is this a joke? You realize all I have to do is...” Crowley tried snapping his way out but no dice. It really worked!

“Nuh-uh-uh. Demonic handcuffs, jackass. No flicking, no teleporting, no smoking out, oh, and... no deal. Which pretty much means that you're our bitch” Dean spat.

“Fine. You want to play chain gang? Let's” Crowley spat back throwing his fist into Dean’s jaw. “You saddled yourself to the wrong bull, mate..."

But Dean quickly retaliated, throwing an excellent swing back at Crowley. Then he took the tablet out of Crowley’s jacket pocket and handed it to Sam. “I can do this all day, 'cause you know what? Damn, it feels good! But sooner or later, you're gonna have to face it: you're ours. Which means that your demon ass is going to be a mortal ass pretty damn quick” Dean grinned very victoriously.

“What's he mouthing on about?” Crowley asked us.

I smiled excitedly for the first time in a long time. “You're the third trial, Crowley” I informed him, almost in disbelief of my own words. This was really going to happen...I mean, it had to...we had no other options....

~

Dean and Mel escorted Crowley into the abandoned church and I went to follow but I hesitated when I noticed Sam was leaning on the car for support. So I turned around and faced him completely with my arms crossed.

“How are you feeling?” I asked, eyeing him carefully.

He smiled at me very weakly. “Ya know...for the first time in a long time...I feel like we’re really going to win this one. I’m good” he nodded.

Then so did I. “Okay...good. Well no happy dances until we’re finished” He just smiled at me and suddenly I felt heat rush to my cheeks again. “Umm...what did you mean before...when you wanted to talk about us...?”

He came closer and took my hands. “I’m not too sure how this whole thing is going to end...but I didnt want to leave this world without you knowing how much you mean to me...”

I was suddenly bashful as I tried to figure out if this was because of the condition he was in or if he really meant it.... “Sam...I know how much...”

“No, I don’t think you do. Brit, I love you so much it hurts” he laughed and covered up a cough that he hid into his shoulder.

“I know you do, Sammy. I love you too...more than you could ever imagine...” I murmured.

“Good. I was getting worried there for a minute” he chuckled half-heartedly.

I rolled my eyes. “Don’t be an idiot. No matter how many stupid things you do and no matter how much hell you put me through...I will always love you. That will never change”

He just stared at me for a long moment before pulling me into a tight hug. I stiffened up at first but then I felt him trembling in my arms and I think we was even holding in some sobs. But I just wrapped my arms back around him and held him as our bodies became intertwined....

“What's the good father's playbook say now?” Dean wondered as him and Mel came out of the church and back over to us.

Sam pulled away slowly but he held my hand tight. “Well...now that we got the consecrated ground, Mel and I just uhh we slip Crowley one dose of blood every hour for eight hours and seal the deal with a bloody-fist sandwich. That should do it” he explained.

“But I was thinking that maybe since this time around there will be two of us administering the blood then if we do it at the same time it should cut the time in half. What do you think?” she asked Sam.

“Sounds legit. Guess we’ll find out if it works” he nodded.

“Your blood's supposed to be purified, isn't it? You ever, uhh you ever done the "forgive me, father" before?” Dean wondered.

“Well, once, when we were kids. Which is why I have no clue what to say now" “Well, I mean, I could give you suggestions if you want” Dean shrugged and I became tense again.

“O-okay. Yeah, sure”

“All right. Well, I'm just spit-balling here, but if I were you, uh... Ruby, killing Lilith, letting Lucifer out, losing your soul, not looking for us when I went to Purgatory...” Dean listed very easily.

“Thanks” Sam grunted, interrupting his brother.

“And for you...” he addressed Mel.

“No, thanks. I think I’ll be able to manage without your guidance” she laughed and the two of them headed inside the church with all their supplies.

“It’s just for starters! Or, hey, how about what you did to, uh, Penny Markle in the sixth grade? Why don't you lead with that?” Dean called to him and Sam turned to look back at us.

“That was you, Dean!” Mel called to him without even turning her back but she waited for Sam at the front door while he turned to give Dean a look.

Dean thought about it for a second. “Carry on” he nodded...but then it hit him. “Wait! How would you...” he started but all Mel did was smile back at us over her shoulder as she headed inside and Sam caught up to her.

Good ol’ Mel: surprisingly calm, cool and collected about everything and anything. It was good to have her back....

Dean went to go after her but I grabbed his arm to hold him back. He snapped his pleading eyes at me but I just shook my head. “Brit, did you hear...” I nodded.

“You...knew...”

“I only found out a few hours ago” I murmured.

“But...how...when...why...?” All very good questions that I wasnt even sure of myself. I found myself smiling up at him though, considering it all.

“It was the kiss, Dean” I whispered like it was forbidden knowledge. “Charlie was right...as always” I laughed at the thought of “True Love’s Kiss”. It was highly unlikely that Dean's kiss "broke the spell" but it was fun to wonder if it was possible.

It took him a second to realize what I meant. “But...that was weeks ago...”

“She said that ever since then it’s all been coming in small pieces...and she can’t remember everything but she remembers enough...”

“That’s so...cryptive...”

“It’s so Mel” I nodded. Completely un-epic return...but completely strange and normal all the same.

He suddenly grinned. “Well I’ll be damned” he chuckled, nodding proudly. Probably impressed with his own lips. “But I still don’t really...understand why...”

“I stopped trying to understand Mel’s reasons for her actions a long time ago” I smiled because...well...I was excited. Happy even. I didn't really have a reason not to be...this was going to be a win...a true win...

“Listen, Brit...I just wanted to...”

“Dean, it’s okay” I shook my head at him.

“No, it’s not...because I don’t want you thinking that I would never choose you or Mel. You guys are...my family. I would've lost it a long time ago if it weren't for you two...it’s just, with Sam...”

“I know. You’re just looking out for him. It’s okay, Dean”

“No, stop saying that! It’s not okay! The way I acted...what I said to you...”

“Hey, I’ve heard worse” I shrugged and he just gave me a sad look.

“I will never choose only one of you ever again and I don’t want you to ever feel any less important than any of us...”

Why would I feel that way? Because Dean will always have Sammy and/or Melissa and vise versa? I mean, I used to feel that way a lot: always thinking Mel was ready to ditch my ass for the two of them but I think I have a better built self esteem now to think differently...

“It’s either all of us or none of us from now on. Cause we’re a team, right?”

“Yea...of course” I nodded.

Sure, I wanted to believe him...but I highly doubted he would ever choose anyone over Sammy...and with Dean...he always made promises he couldnt keep.

“Dean, I need your help” I jumped when Cas popped up right beside me.

“Little busy, Cas. Take a number” Dean grunted at him. Instantly his good mood turned into a sour one.

“I'm afraid this can't wait. Naomi has taken Metatron”

“And you know Metatron how?” I asked.

His eyes met mine with a gentle look. I know, out of all of us, he’s always had the better relationship with Dean. They just seem to get each other somehow and in a way they’re even a lot alike. But at the moment Dean was too stubborn to really get a good look at his friend who was desperate for help.

“I've been working with him on the Angel trials...”

“The what?” Dean snapped. “We're gonna shut it all down: Heaven, Hell, all of it.

“Metatron, the guy who was full-on crazy, cat-lady-hoarder angel yesterday...now he wants to save Heaven?” I asked, narrowing my eyes at him.

“Yes, he wants to...” he nodded at me and then looked to Dean.

“But I'm the only one who can. I can't fail, Dean. Not on this one. I need your help” He looked at me again.

“Both of your help”

“Look, Cas, that's all well and good, okay, but you're asking us to leave Sam and Mel and we've got Crowley in there tied and trussed. Now, if anybody needs a chaperone while doing the heavy lifting, it's them”

“You should go” Mel voiced as him and Sam came from out of nowhere.

“Seriously” Sam nodded.

“Oh, what, and leave you two here with the King of Hell? Come on” Dean rolled his eyes.

“Dean, we got this...and if you guys can lock the angels up, too?”

“That's a good day” Sam agreed with her. Clash! Thunder sounded in the dark sky and I could feel it beginning to drizzle. “Hey, I'm down with sending the angels back to Heaven, just 'cause they're dicks. But the Demons...?”

“Look...” I stepped up. “Right now...we don’t have much time to debate this. This is on us” I looked to all of them and then I looked right at Mel and Sam. “Start the injections now. If we’re not back in four to eight hours, finish it, no questions, no hesitation” I instructed and Mel smiled as they both nodded.

I went to the trunk to grab some stuff while Dean faced Mel. “I think you owe me a serious explanation” he muttered, unable to even look her in the eye.

“I know...I’m sorry...but right now I need you to focus, okay? And not on me or Sam. Focus on shutting it all down. Then maybe I’ll explain” she smirked and I just scoffed shaking my head.

“So...” Sam spoke up and I looked up at him as he gestured over to the weird couple. “The Delissa Show is back on, so where do you think that leaves us?”

“In the background as extras I guess” I chuckled sadly.

But then he grabbed my chin to get me to look up at him. “You’re not just an extra, Brittney. You’re not the same helpless girl you were all those years ago. You’re a very good kind of different and I’d say it’s time for your own show” he winked lightly and I just laughed.

“Will you be part of it?”

“It’s your show. You can have whoever you want” he told me, taking my hand in his. I looked back at Melissa and Dean.

“Then I want all of us in it...” Together...always and forever....

“Can...I just kiss you now?” Dean sighed, frustrated.

“I thought you’d never ask” she replied and the two of them went at it.

Sam and I gagged together but seeing them together again...even if just for a second...it made me happy. Then, Cas cleared his throat and the two broke away.

“I really think we should...” he started to say but Sam put a hand on his shoulder to stop him.

“One more second...when was the last time we saw this?” he gestured to the “happy couple”. The look on his face was priceless: filled with adoration and awe and pure bliss. He loved seeing them happy...and that love he shared for others was what made me love him even more.

“I missed that” she murmured.

“I missed you” he replied.

“Okay, I think I’ve had enough. We can go now, Cas...” I started but was cut off by Sam’s lips.

I allowed myself to let go...the first time since Purgatory...I felt a sense of normalcy.... Was this it? Will I finally get my happy ending? Will we all just finally be able to...live happily ever after...?

“Don’t go anywhere, okay?” I breathed out.

“I’ll be waiting right here for you” he whispered in my ear giving me chills but Cas didnt give me the chance to really enjoy it.

I looked around to see we were back in the bunker. Right. Have to focus...just keep the goal in mind...our happy ending...it was so close I could feel it....

Sam

“You really think injecting me with human blood is gonna make me human? Did you read that on the back of a cereal box?” Crowley grunted as I forced his head to the side, giving me an opening to his neck.

I injected the blood and then Mel did the same on the other side. “You're miles out of your league, Moose. See you in an hour, princess” he puckered his lips at her and she just rolled her eyes.

I watched her back over to the alter and she leaned on the table so casually it was almost hard to watch. I froze when she smiled up at me but I just tried to focus on her blurred face.

“Something wrong?”

“How are you...so unphased by all of this...?” I suddenly felt out of shape and out of breath.

“I’m not, Sam. I’m feeling just as much as you are”

“Sure doesn’t look like it...you must really be back”

“Is that so hard to believe?”

“Considering everything that’s happened...yea, kind of. It’s a hit or a miss with you and lately it’s been a lot of misses...we were starting to doubt if you were ever going to remember us again...”

I felt this pain in my chest just thinking about it...thinking about what Dean had to go through...what Brit had to go through....

“I know I have a lot of time to catch up on...it’s a lot to make up for...”

“No, Mel. That’s not what I....”

“I know, Sam. But if it happened to any of you and you suddenly forgot everything about me. I don't know what I would've done. I owe you three a lot for never giving up on me”

“Well, honestly it was Brit who was always one step ahead when it came to...your condition...she really stepped up and took over. She’s different, Mel. I’ve never seen her so determined and focused...”

“She gets it from me” she flipped her hair over her shoulder and I couldnt help but laugh a little.

“No kidding” I breathed out.

I saw her hesitating now. “Was she able to...keep Dean in line...?” she laughed under her breath but it was really sad.

“Yea, actually. She’s really been strong for him...for all of us...and she understood Dean on a level I couldn't even comprehend...”

“They’re closer...she’s really matured...that’s good...” she acknowledged.

“Ya know I’m still here? And I’m kind of insulted, princess that I was uninformed of you regaining your memory” Crowley interrupted us.

“Who are you again?”

“Ouch. Your words hurt”

Then she grinned. “I really can’t wait to turn you mortal, Crowley. Cause then I’ll be able to really kill you. And I’m really going to enjoy it”

“I think I enjoyed Amnesia Melissa better. She was more fun at least”

“We’re gonna have tons of fun” she smirked.

Now...should I feel reassured that Torture Mel is on my side or worry that she might start to spiral...there was still a lot to figure out...a lot of questions still left unanswered....

Brit

“Is this a joke?” Kevin asked as he stared down at the angel tablet we laid out on the table.

“No. It's the word of God” Cas informed him.

“What?” Kevin chuckled.

“It's a tablet. All right, translate. That's what you do” Dean said.

He chuckled again. “Okay. Um, it's the Angel Tablet, which I've never laid eyes on in my life. You want a translation in like six hours when it took me six months and a dead mom to translate a piece of the Demon Tablet?"

I watched him pour himself a glass of scotch. Was he even old enough to drink? The years were definitely showing on his face though...

“And according to your own words this morning...this is not what I do. It's what I did. You told me I was out, Dean” he reminded.

“Yeah, well...”

“And if this is gonna be the "guys like us are never out" speech, save it”

“Listen, Kev...” I started but jumped when Cas lunged forward, grabbing Kevin by his sweater and yanking him hard enough to make him drop the glass.

“Dean's right”

“Cas...” I stopped Dean before he could interfere.

“There is no out. Only duty" Cas continued.

“Get the hell off me” Kevin squirmed. “You are a Prophet of the Lord, always and forever... ...until the day you cease to exist, and then another Prophet takes your place. Now, are you clear as to the task before you?” Kevin nodded. “Then do it, and let's go”