Status: I'm working on it slowly but surely

We'll Both Catch Fire on Words of Desire

Chapter 3

‘So it seems my old friend Trevor Todd, also known as Mr. T, is responsible for my kidnapping,” thought Kate, “But, why?”

Kate went and thought of the night she had first met Trevor.

***

Kate and Derrick had gone to party thrown by some of his co-workers. The spouses tried, and failed, to get an idea about the job their loved ones had. Kate had been dancing the night away with Derrick. Kate vaguely remembered the sleet that banged against the window. It was mid-December and it had been snowing off and on all day. It was magical, spending what seemed like and eon, in this wonderland with Derrick. Kate grabbed her fourth glass of wine that night after the song ended.

“Katilyn, I want you to meet someone,” Derrick said. “This is Mr. Todd, but we all call him Mr. T.” She looked up to see a handsome gentleman.

His blue-blue eyes stared into her's as he smiled and kissed her hand. “It’s a pleasure to finally meet Derrick’s beautiful fiancé. And, please, call me Trevor.”
Kate blushed, “The pleasure’s all mine Trevor.” She finished her glass of wine as a new song started up.
Trevor looked at her, “May I have this dance? That is if it’s okay with Derrick.” He looked to Derrick who nodded.
He held out his hand, which she grabbed, as he led Kate out to the dance floor. They danced, and she was slightly surprised at the ease he moved wit. He almost seemed to glide upon the floor.

“You’re a great dancer,” Kate said with sincerity, as she, herself, tried to keep pace with him.

He chuckled as he spun her, “years of practice.”

***

Kate came back to the real world as she heard Trevor saying her name.

“Huh,” she asked.

Trevor laughed, “I said, ‘why don’t I show you to your room now?’”

“Okay,” Kate replied, as she thought just where he could stick that hospitality of his.

He took her through a labyrinth of hallways, and Kate wondered just how he didn’t get lost. She almost ran into him as he came to an abrupt halt. He gestured to the door to their right, “this is your room.” He opened the door and Kate’s jaw dropped as she took in her dream bedroom. The walls were painted in a deep purple, and they were surrounded by bookshelves filled to the brim with books. A queen sized canopy bed was along the side wall and the back wall contained a large bay window with a window seat.

“I-It’s beautiful,” Kate finally managed to say.

Trevor chuckled, “I do remember some of the things you told me, Kate.” He touched her hair softly, and leaned down to where she could feel his warm breath on her neck, “I cherished ever moment I had you.”

Involuntarily Kate’s heart beat increased and her palms started to sweat. She mentally scolded herself, ‘he kidnapped you for Christ sakes, stop acting like a teenage girl with a crush.’ Kate took a deep breath and faced Trevor. “I am very thankful for this, but I just want to go home.”

“You’re adjoined to a bathroom, the closet’s fully stocked, and I’m right across the hall if you need me,” he said ignoring her statement entirely. “I will get you at dinner time. There’s also a drawing desk with supplies and a couple empty notebooks, I remember how much you loved to read and draw.”

Kate sighed, “Fine, I’ll see you later,” with that she walked into the room and shut the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I haven't been on lately, but that going to change soon, I promise. I'll try to start posting more on a schedual. What so you think?
~Sammi