The Life and Times of a Not So Ordinary Vampire Family

Chapter 4

As they roam into the cafeteria Lennox can’t help but think back to her first time in a high school. They had graduated many times but something about this high school seemed different, almost better. Her classes were more challenging & Lennox had always enjoyed a challenge. Grabbing an apple she went to sit at their table, ‘Very Twilight of you.’ she hears Christian say behind her, looking up she say’s, ‘Back so soon?’, she say’s ignoring his statement. Plopping down at the table he plays’s around with the French fries he has just gotten. ‘Besides the difference between those vampires and us, we don’t sparkle.’ she say’s with a hint of attitude in her voice. ‘My, aren’t we touchy today.’ he say’s. ‘Shut it, would ya?’ Footsteps are heard from behind Lennox & the smell of human wafts through her nostrils. ‘Hey guys, mind if I sit here?’, say’s the voice. ‘Sure, we got plenty of room.’ say’s Christian looking at Lennox with a sly grin on his face. It’s the quarterback for the football team, Chad Lewis. ‘How’s it going buddy?’, asks Christian. ‘Pretty good, you trying out this year?’, asks Chad. ‘I don’t think so’, say’s Christian all the while grinning at Lennox. She would love nothing more than to pick him up & throw him across the room but she knows that would bring definite attention to herself. After a few minutes of silence Christian notices a girl making eye’s at him & as to not disappoint he looks back & than say’s to his present company, ‘It’s been fun but I really should go. See you later Len.’, he say’s punching her in the shoulder. She takes a bite of her apple, she wants to bad to spit it back out but she forces herself to chew & swallow. ‘That was some quiz in math today huh?’, asks the over sized quarter back. ‘Wasn’t to bad.’, she say’s back, she despises Christian at this moment, he knows very well how Chad feels about her, she thinks to herself that she’ll get him when their back home. ‘You going to the pep rally later?’, he asks. ‘Probably not, I want to get started on our history assignment.’ ‘Oh okay.’, say’s the jock looking bummed out. ‘Maybe you’ll come to a game of ours this season?’, he asks. She looks up at him, he isn’t half bad looking but unlike the movie she’s not into the whole vampire falling in love with a human thing but she doesn’t want to hurt his feelings anymore so she grins & say’s, ‘Maybe’ He perks up & soon after another fellow jock yell’s over to him. ‘I better go’, he say’s looking at her. ‘Yeah, that’s okay, I better go too.’ ‘Bye Lennox’, he say’s as he get’s up to leave the table. ‘Yeah, bye Chad.’, she say’s back.

Jack & Alexa enter the hospital both have perfected their parts of the scheme they’ve been working on for years. Jack hold’s his arm in pain as Alexa yells for a nurse. A nurse rushes over, ‘What seems to be the problem?’, asks the nurse. ‘It’s my friend, he’s been complaining of a shooting pain in his arm.’ ‘Sounds serious let’s get him in a room.’ say’s the nurse. After being settled in a room Jack looks to Alexa, ‘Okay, go now’ she leaves the room with her cell phone in hand. She always makes it look like she’s on the phone to the kids, it’s a lot of work but luckily they only have to do this once every three to four months. She waits for her chance & than when the coast is clear she disappears to the blood bank. If the plan goes the way it’s suppose to it should take her no more than five minutes to get the supply of blood that she needs. When the blood is secured in their vehicle Alexa goes back into the hospital. She walks into Jack’s room & there is the doctor. ‘So your telling me your fine now?’, he asks. Mind control is a wonderful thing thinks Alexa to herself. ‘Yes doctor, I’m sorry to have wasted your time.’, he say’s looking up at Alexa. ‘No waste, if the pain comes back please come back right away.’, say’s the good doctor. ‘Of course, thank you again.’, he say’s. As they drive home they both smile to each other realizing that they’ve once again gotten away with it.

Standing outside the school Lennox wait, a text from Alexa revealed that the car was fixed & they would be there to pick them up. She was so relieved; she didn’t think she could handle another ride on the smelly school bus. As she waits her mind drifts back to the first time she had to ride a bus after becoming a vampire. It was horrible, the smell was over powering & the girl sitting next to her was wearing perfume. She couldn’t control herself, one minute she was asking the girl what kind of perfume she was wearing & the next her wrist was in her mouth that was the first time they had to move. ‘Hey Len, you in there’, she heard a voice say from beside her which caused her to turn suddenly & knock Christian to the ground. ‘What the hell’, he said shock in his voice. ‘Sorry, you caught me off guard’, she said looking down at him. He stood up & she looked at him, ‘Your fine and don’t fucking call me Len! I hate it when you call me that’, she say’s snapping at him. ‘How was lunch with your boyfriend’, he asks gathering himself. ‘He’s not my boyfriend and if you ever leave me alone with him again I swear you’ll come home one day and all your crap will be in the basement where it belongs’ ‘Oh that really scares me. I hope Jack and Alexa got the blood, I need a drink’, he say’s. ‘Could you say that any louder’ ‘What, they don’t give a shit’, he say’s back to her waving his arm towards the school. Just than the SUV pulls up & a window rolls down, ‘Get in you two’, say’s Alexa from the passenger side. They get in & the SUV pulls away from the school. ‘So, how was your day’, asks Alexa. ‘It was shit’, say’s Christian. ‘Don’t listen to him, he enjoyed it all those human girls swooning over him’, say’s Lennox rolling her eyes. ‘Yeah well Lennox had lunch with her boyfriend’ ‘Boyfriend’, asks Jack skeptical. ‘He’s not my boyfriend, shut up’, she yells at Christian before punching him in the arm. ‘Whose this guy’, asks Alexa. ‘He’s the quarter back for the football team. He’s a total air head and he’s chosen me as his crush’, she say’s. ‘That’s cute, you should invite him over some time’, say’s Alexa. ‘Do I look like Edward Cullen’, she snaps. ‘Kind of’, say’s Christian with a chuckle. Lennox looks over, ‘I’m warning you’, she say’s. ‘What you don’t like this boy’, asks Alexa. ‘He’s fine, he’s just not my type’, she say’s. ‘Please, as if you have a type’, say’s Christian. ‘Alexa, I’m not into the whole facade of a human vampire relationship, could we just drop it please’, she asks. ‘Okay’, say’s Alexa. Happy to be out of the hot seat Lennox looks out the window & watches as the leaves begin to fall off the trees.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment/subscribe.

We hope you are all enjoying this story so far!