Status: RE-WRITING!!

I Won't Let Go

Chapter 3: Now part II

December 20th 2012 part II

We had made it through Spiderman, the credits were rolling and
Rita had risen to her feet.

“You alright?” I asked sitting up straighter.

“Mmh,” she nodded her head but her face gave her away, she looked as if she was uncomfortable, she walked away from the couch into the kitchen. I watched her disappear my brows furrowing together, something wasn’t right. I heard someone take a breath as if they were about to talk but they were quickly cut off by the sound Rita’s voice.

The desperation in her voice caused me to catapult myself off the back of the lounge chair and hurried into the kitchen where I saw it. a puddle of water on the checked lino floor.

“Oh…”

“The baby’s coming,” she forced a smile, I went to say something but she cut me off with a groan of pain. I nodded my head and ran out of the kitchen and down the hallway heading straight for her room. Shoving the door open I hurried and grabbed her overnight bag that was packed and waiting. Grabbing it I slung it over my shoulder before hurrying out of the room and cutting through the now empty lounge room.

“Got it,” I saw that Harry had hurried to her aid and had an arm around her shoulder while he clasped her hand with his other one.

“Keys are on the bench.”

“Don’t bother I got mine here, lets go,” Zayn stopped me before I had a chance to move, I hurried over to Rita replacing Harry as we began to walk out of the apartment and down to the lift. I didn’t say it but I was happy that we were only on the second story.
The lift dinged signalling we had hit the floor, quickly I ushered Rita out, as her groans got louder as the pain intensified.

‘Keep breathing, you’re doing great,” I pointed out as we stepped out and into Zayns’ car. I dropped the bag from my shoulder and got in grabbing Rita’s hand as Harry helped her from behind.

“Whoever said being pregnant was the best needs to be hit over the head with a shovel,” she seethed through clenched teeth, I chuckled lightly as I buckled her in.

“Niall and I will meet you at the hospital,” Liam said through the door, I nodded my head as the door clapped closed. I saw Louis jump in the front seat he briefly looked back over his shoulder and offered a soft smile, I smiled back but quickly returned to Rita who was trying to breath calmly as her contractions worsened.

“Drive!” Harry exclaimed before the car rolled out of its park and sped down the road. Thank god the roads were clears and we didn’t hit a red light meaning we made it to the hospital with in a few minutes. Quickly Rita was ushered out of the car and helped into the hospital.

“Someone get a doctor my friends in labour!” I yelled and it didn’t take long before a nurse hurried toward us with a wheel chair. Ritas’ hold on my hand was firm so when the chair began to move
I had to quicken my pace to keep up with it.

“I’m sorry but…” the nurse began.

“Like hell she’s staying out here, she’s coming in with me,” Rita groaned as another contraction ripped through her. The nurse went quiet and nodded her head as we moved into a ward and Rita was helped onto the bed. Rita was stripped of her clothes a gown thrown over her just as the doctor walked into the room.

“Hello Rita,” Rita smiled at her doctor even though she was in pain.
I watched as he took a seat, I watched him intently until my friend growled and groaned from beside me. I turned my head and looked at her.

“Everything will be fine, you can do it.”

“I fucking hate Rhys for knocking me up then sodding off,” she seethed before a loud brutal sound left her lips. I winced as she squeezed my hand tightly. I gripped her just as tightly, reassuring
that I wasn’t going anywhere, I was staying with her through it all.

“Alright Rita, I’m gonna get you to push for me… ready?” another brutal noise, “right now push,” Rita closed her mouth her lips formed a tight line and she grunted as she used all her strength to push the new life out of her.

“Nearly…” I watched her as she rested for a few moments breathing heavily.

“Push,”

Once again she grunted as she pushed with all her strength, but no prevail.

“I hate him, I hate him, I hate him!” she uttered over and over again before screaming and pushing I grabbed her hand tightly.

“That’s right, you’re doing good babe, come on.”

“I can see the head, a few more big pushes.”

“I’VE DONE TWO BIG PUSHES, I AM IN PAIN AND I WANT THIS TO END!” she shrieked at the doctor who gave her a sympathetic look briefly.

“Crowning, push.”

“Come on Rita push, push it out,” I spoke.

“She snapped at me, “You wanna trade places I’ll yell push and hold your hand as you squeeze out something the size of a fucking basketball out your vagina!”

“Push!” once again she tensed up and pushed, before falling back exhausted.

“I can’t do it anymore!”

“No, don’t you dare!” I let go of her hand and gripped her shoulders, staring her dead in the eyes “Rita Marie Hearly you push, you listen to me you push as hard as you can, one more and it’ll be out and you’ll be able to hold your new baby.”

“Push.”

“Push Rita, come on,” a groan fell from her lips before a shrieking cry. Rita fell back against the bed a tired laugh leaving her lips along with tears. I kissed her fore head.

“It’s a boy.”

“A boy, A, did you hear a boy.” Rita asked her breathing laboured.
Nodding my head I smiled at her, “Yeah.”

“Here he is,” one of the nurses walked over a swab of blankets handing it over to Rita. I gasped when I saw him, his head was covered in fiery red locks and he had the cutest face, a button nose, and large eyes that he had inherited from Rhys.

“He’s beautiful Rita,” I smiled as I looked down at him. “Have you got a name for him?”

“Ethan Thomas.”

“Sounds beautiful.” I paused as I let the name process, “You’re a mum Rita, can you believe it a mum to a beautiful baby boy.” Rita smiled up at me before her eyes flicked down to her son who was gargling quietly. The two of us stood in silence for what seemed like an eternity before one of the nurses came toward us.

‘There is a Zayn Malik asking about the mother, he wants to know if he can come in?” I smiled looking down at Rita briefly before walking out of the room and toward the five boys who sat quietly waiting for the news.

“How is she?” Zayn asked getting to his feet and walking over to me.

“She’s great, tired…”

“What did she have?” Harry asked quickly.

“A boy, Ethan…”

“Are we able to see her?”

“Sure go in,” Harry was the first one into the room the others following behind closely. I went to take a step when I felt his hand grab mine. Turning I looked at him he smiled and squeezed my hand lightly. Sighing I pulled my hand away and gently shook my head making my way into the room where Rita and Ethan were.
♠ ♠ ♠
ANNNDD here is the next chapter. I'm not sure it's my favourite but meh.
Please tell me what you think and thank you to all my readers and subscribers as well as recommenders.
and a special shout out to
ingridkusterbeck
and
paint.it.black.
Thanks a lot

Image