‹ Prequel: Blood Lines
Status: Active

My Blood Lines Are With You

What Are You Doing Here?

After spending the whole day yesterday with everyone and seeing Skylar was long overdue and I was just as happy to see him as he was to see me. I'm never going to leave that little kid again! Today I sit alone in my house eating on a bowl of cereal I had borrowed from Val and making out a list for grocery shopping.

Milk
Cereal
Bread
Beer
Eggs
Bacon
Sausage Links and Patties
Pankcake Mix
Different Cake Mixes and Icing
Cigarettes
Noodles and Sauce
Pop-tarts
Oatmeal
Crackers
Peanut Butter
Mayo
Hot dogs and buns
Hamburger meat and buns
Ketchup
Cabbage
Tea


I checked over my list of items and put a few more things that I could munch on if I got hungry before going up to my room and grabbing some clothes and going into the shower. The warm water felt heavenly as it flowed down my back. I still had several bruises from where Roe had beaten me before I had left but they didn't hurt as much anymore. I finished up my shower and stepped out wrapping a towel around my head. I dried myself off and dressed into the dark jeans with a Vengeance University t-shirt and leaving the bathroom. I slipped on some socks and then my shoes before grabbing my phone and keys from the dresser and leaving my hair in the towel. As I got to the bottom of the stairs, a knock came to the door. I went over to it and opened the door slowly and see Lee standing there.

"Lee? What are you doing here?" I asked hugging her tightly.

"I have something to tell you."

"Is there something wrong?" I asked stepping aside and letting her come into the house. I closed the door locking it as I followed her into the kitchen

"Roxy...Mr. Rawlings was murdered yesterday."

"What?" I asked in shock.

"I got a call from the guys at the shop and they said Roe came in asking for me and when they went to Rawlings' office, they found him against the wall with a bullet through his head."

"Oh my God." I said placing a hand on my chest.

"When I found out, I got here as soon as I could. Has he been around?"

"No. He doesn't know where I live." I said shaking my head.

"He does now. The guys found the letter crumpled up on his desk."

"Goddamnit! What the fuck am I supposed to do now?" I asked slamming my fist down on the table.

"He doesn't know the address to this house does he?"

"No but he knows my car. I need to start parking it in the garage for a few days." I said scratching my head. I can't believe he killed someone!

"That might be a smart idea. He doesn't know my car so I'll keep mine out front so he doesn't know this is where you live."

"Are you going to be staying with me too?" I asked and she nodded her head.

"Alright...go get your things from the car and you can have my room. I'll sleep in my mother's." I said and she left the house leaving the front door open. Seconds later she came in with her things and I showed her to my room and helped her get settled in. I took the towel from my head and brushed it out and put the towel in the hamper in the bathroom.

"You going out somewhere?"

"I need to get some food. You want to come with?" I asked and she nodded. She linked her arm with mine and we walked out of my room and down the stairs. I grabbed my keys and list from the counter and we left the house after I locked up. We got into my car and I sped down the road towards the store. I found a parking space quickly and we both got out and walked into the market. I grabbed a cart and she read the first thing off my list and we walked around until my cart was full of food.

"Damn you have enough food here to feed an army of people."

"I always buy this much because of the guys." I said as we stood in line at the checkout.

"Oh you mean those nice guys you told me about?"

"Yeah. I was thinking about a barbeque tonight so you can meet them." I said smiling as the line only moved about 2 feet.

"I think that's a great idea. I mean it will get our minds off the current situation with Roe."

"Hell yeah it would. There's nothing he can do or say to make me go back to Arizona with him." I said smiling and she smiled back.

"Do you think the cops will find him?"

"I'm sure they will." I said nodding as we finally got to where I could pay for everything. The woman at the register rang up everything before giving me the total.

"Your total is $765.71." she said and Lee's eyes went wide as I pulled out the wad of cash and gave her 800 even. She gave me the change and I stuck it in my pocket as the bag boy finished putting everything into the cart. We walked out the market and got to my car where she helped me load all the bags.

"Where in the hell did you get that wad of cash?"

"I have a secret bank account here. My mother left it to me after her passing." I said pulling down the trunk lid and closing it.

"A secret bank account? Roe doesn't know does he?"

"Then it wouldn't be a secret bank account." I said smirking as I put the cart in the return. She shrugged and we got back into the car and went back to the house. We unloaded all the bags once i got the car into the garage and shut the door.

"Are you planning on baking a cake or something?"

"Maybe one day. Those go in the bottom cabinet along with the icing." I said and she put them where I pointed to.

"Am I working the grill or are you?"

"I'll do it. That way you sat sit around with the guys and girls and get to know them." I said smiling.

"You better get to getting those calls in." I nodded and dialed Val's number as I was putting groceries away. She answered after the third ring and I told her about the barbeque and what time to be there and she said she would pass the word around to the others. I thanked her before hanging up and I started on the side dishes I would serving later. Lee helped me as well and it went by faster than I expected it too. We sat on the couch watching TV until it was time to start grilling the burgers and hot dogs. I went out to the grill slicing open the bag of charcole and lighting it with some starter. Soon it was hot enough to start grilling. I took out my cigarettes and lit one up while I was grilling and when I heard Jimmy's laughter I knew they were here. I looked over my shoulder and seen everyone coming out to the backyard with beer in hand.

"Guys! I'm so glad you could make it!" I said hugging each of them.

"Roxy! You never told me the guys you were talking about were Avenged fucking Sevenfold!"

"Well I did tell you they were in a band. Anyways, guys this is Lee. Lee I guess you already know them." I said laughing.

"Oh shit I'm sorry but I'm like a huge fan of you guys!"

"Thanks. I'm Matt and this is my wife Val." Matt said extending his hand and Lee shook both of their hands. Lee met everyone else and I could tell she love Jimmy. He ran around calling her my twin and she couldn't disagree with that except for one little detail. She would never let a man hit her like Roe has done to me. Everyone sat around and complemented me on my cooking which wasn't a big shocker. I used to cook for all of them when I was living here all those years ago but I know they missed it. I'm glad to be back and I don't ever plan on leaving here again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?

Sorry about the late update...fucking phone was off so hence I couldn't update as soon as I wanted too but here's the update and I hope ya'll like it :)