Stomach Tied in Knots.

The way that we are

It was a cold April afternoon and Andy was was about to leave for tour. In the past four years since We Came As Romans has gone on to get signed to a record label, go on tours frequently and travel the world doing what they love, Andy and I have made it a ritual to hang out the day before he leaves. We always do something chill like play video games and go out to dinner. Today we'd be playing Mario Party and getting Chinese. It had been four years since I'd met Andy. We never brought up the kiss again either. In fact, I don't think anyone was aware that it even happened. I still think about it every night wondering why we hadn't brought it up but I guess it didn't matter now.

"ANDY!" I screamed. As Andy was beating me at Mario Kart. I usually win at all games we play but not today, I figured I'd let Andy win since he was about to leave for a big tour. In our game this round I was princess Daisy and Andy was Mario. "Take that Ari!" He screamed as Mario crossed the finish line. "Whatever, I don't even care," I laughed, "now where do we wanna get chinese from tonight?" Andy thought about it for a second, "let's go to Great Wall, it's cheap. Besides Michelle works at Panda." Michelle was Andy's ex. They dated for a few months, she really liked him, I don't know what happened between them but I was secretly happy they called it quits. "Ok Ari, but remind me, I have to tell you something later," I nodded.

~*~

"Yeah, that's probably the best idea. What do you want? I'm feeling general tso and noodles sound decent?" Andy nodded. We placed our order and got our food. When we came back I plopped on to Andy's bed which still had the same Star Wars sheets that he's had since he was sixteen. The plastic stars were still on the dark blue ceiling, as I opened the package of noodles I laughed and said "have you ever thought about remodeling your room or are you forever gonna be space adventurer Andy?" He laughed, "I'd do it if I had more time. Besides no one ever grows out of Star Wars, Ari." I shrugged, "I can't argue with that. So Andy what was that question you had to ask me?" He nodded, "right, right ok so I'm not supposed to let anyone know but We Came As Romans got Warped Tour this summer and we need someone to do our merch, so who better to ask than my best friend which is you. I mean all of the guys love you and I do miss you when I'm out on tour. Plus I know you're out of school for the summer and-"

"I'll do it, Andy." I smiled. "Is Tabby going to be on the tour at all?" Tabby was a photographer she did amazing work, and over the course of 4 years she'd managed to fall in love with Lou the guitarist in the band. They were a great fit for each other, I was glad to finally see her happy. "I think Lou's asking her to take pictures for us, but she was gonna go anyways. I'm really happy you're going. " He smiled. Andy had possibly one of the prettiest smiles I had ever seen. It could light up an entire room. "So Andy..." I bit my lip, "so...Ari?" he asked raising an eyebrow, "what exactly happened with Michelle? I thought you guys were happy?"

He shrugged, "I like her but relationships have too much of a strain on me when I'm on tour. Maybe when We Came As Romans slows down a little bit I'll get a girlfriend but for now I'm happy being single you know? I mean there are definitely a few girls I'd like to take out that I've had my eye on for a while but I mean I guess I can wait." He said looking down. I gave him a sympathetic look, "well, if it means anything to you I completely get where you're coming from. I'm sure those girls wouldn't mind waiting around for you Andy. You're a great guy." He smiled and hugged me, "thanks Ari I don't know what I'd do without you." He smiled. I'd be lost without you, I thought to myself as I looked at Andy's beautiful bright eyes.

As we played more Mario, I started getting tired. Without knowing it I passed out on Andy's bed. I didn't remember it but when I woke up Andy's arms were wrapped around me. He was passed out. I checked the clock on my phone, it was 4 in the morning. I figured I'd go back to sleep until Andy had to leave at nine. I woke up to Andy frantically throwing things into his suit case. "Calm down there, partner." I laughed. He smiled, "I'm sorry I know I should pack in advance but that's no fun. By the way I'm loving the bed head." I flipped him off, "fuck you Glass, now do you want me to help you pack?" He nodded, "yes please lady." I went through his dresser suggesting things when I came across a picture of us from my senior prom. I brought Andy because my boyfriend at the time had better things to do. That night was one of the best nights of my life. I smiled.

"Hey Andy, remember that one time we went to prom together?" He nodded. "I had so much fun that night, plus I had the hottest date in the room." I shook my head, "whatever you say Andy." After a while we finally had everything packed and I heard a loud honk. Kyle Pavone. I thought. Only Kyle would obnoxiously honk in a big neighborhood at 9 in the morning. I walked Andy out the door, and gave him a big hug. I kissed his cheek which wasn't unusual, "remember, stay safe, keep in touch and have a good time. I know you'll do great." I smiled. He smiled back, "same goes for you. You'll be done with school by the time I'm back then we get an entire summer together!" He smiled, "yes we do!" We kept making little conversation until Kyle walked up to us, "Hello Ari nice seeing you but uhm we're going to steal lover boy so we can hit the road and start off this tour no hard feelings right?" Kyle said smiling. I shrugged, "not my boyfriend, but you can have him. Bye boys!" "BYE!" they all yelled out the window. I shook my head again, what am I going to be getting myself into this summer. Before the bus drove away, Andy got in the window and waved good bye to me.

I walked back in the Glass' house, got my stuff and was almost out the door when Deb, Andy's mom stopped me. "Auriel, I need to ask you an important question." I nodded. What was it? "Our you and Andy dating?" I laughed, "of course not just best friends Deb I swear." She shook her head, "one day I'm not going to be shocked if you're married." I laughed, "I hear that a lot suprisingly." She smiled, "that's because it's true." I shook my head, "take care Deb."
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been waiting to update this all week and here ya go here's your update. I'm happy with the way this story is going so far. I'm going to introduce Kellin within the next few chapters or so so get ready for that! I hope everyone had a happy and safe new years!