Status: Completed

Tears in Vegas

She`s Gone To The Other Side

"Zhenya Emrys Crystan! What the hell do you think you`re doing?"

I flinched at my father`s words. I have a feeling this is going to be much worse than I thought it was going to be. Damn it, please don`t let the boy`s get hurt. I`m going to feel so guilty if they get hurt.

"Well, do you have anything to say for yourself? Hmm? Hanging out with.....convicts," Kate sneered as she followed my dad over to our booth.

"I`m hanging out with my friends. And they are not convicts," I stated, sitting up a bit straighter on Mike`s lap. While I feared what my dad would do I was not going to let Kate, or anyone for that matter, talk bad or down to my friends.

"When you said you made friends I thought you meant good kids, kids your own age," My dad said, sounding and looking a bit annoyed.

"They may not be my age but they are good guys, dad. You always told me to not judge anyone of appearance, what happened to that?"

"Appearance is everything," Kate hissed.

"What about me then? I have no tattoos," Vic commented, his tone almost challenging.

"How old are you boys?" My dad asked, ignoring Vic`s words.

"We`re all in our twenties," Jaime answered.

"You are all aware of my daughter`s age, right? You are aware that she`s a seventeen year old girl?"

"We are aware she is a teenager and younger than us. But we treat her like anyone else our age, with respect," Mike answered, his arms tightening around my waist.

Oh dear, he was getting protective. He really shouldn`t be because it`s my dad, but I kind of understand why he`s being protective. He doesn`t want my dad to take me away. I think.

"Dad, they`ve never done anything to hurt me. They`re my friends," I murmured, rubbing Mike`s arm to calm him down.

I saw Kate narrow her eyes, staring at what I was doing, "Then what is that?" She asked in a very appalled tone, pointing to my rubbing of his arm.

"Yes Zhenya, what is that?" My dad questioned, looking more and more annoyed by the minute.

"It`s nothing. I do it all the time to calm him down," I answered with out thinking. When I saw my dad`s eyes widen I mentally slapped myself. I should have worded that better.

"And why would he need calming down?" Kate asked.

I opened my mouth to answer but Tony did it for me, "Because, like the rest of us, he`s worried you`re going to take Ze away from us because of the age difference."

"We all adore Zhenya and think of her like a sister. We just don`t want our friend taken from us," Jaime commented, seeming to agree with Tony`s words.

"You honestly think I`m going to let me seventeen year old daughter hang out with grown men covered in tattoos?" My dad asked with narrowed eyes, putting emphasis on my age.

"We`re not all covered in tattoos and yes, we do," Vic answered.

"That`s it, Zhenya we are leaving," My dad stated.

"No, you are. I`m not. I`m staying here and eating out with my friends," I said, keeping myself firmly planted on Mike`s lap.

"Yes you are coming with us and you`re grounded when we get home."

"You cannot ground me and I`m staying where I choose to be."

"You aren`t eighteen yet. We can ground you whenever we want," Kate stated, looking awfully smug.

"You can`t do a damn thing. You aren`t my mother," I said, holding onto Mike tightly. When I tightened my grip he did as well, making me feel a little more safe.

"No, not yet. But you still have to listen to your father."

"What did you just say?" I asked, suddenly breathless. Did she just...?

"Ze?" Tony asked softly, looking worried as he looked at me.

"Let`s...let`s get out of here," I whispered, blinking back tears.

The guys quickly got out of the booth, Mike helping me out. Tony and Jaime headed for the door while Vic paid the waitress, apologizing for the fight. As I started walking towards the door with Mike my dad grabbed my arm to stop me but I quickly pulled my arm from his grip, glaring at him.

"Where do you think you`re going?" My dad asked.

"With my friends. Don`t expect me home tonight, not unless that bitch leaves," I answered, pointing to Kate.

"We could have them arrested you know," Kate said smugly.

"For what? Since when is being friends a crime?" I asked, effectively shutting her up.

"Zhenya, we`re only trying to protect you."

I scoffed at my dads words and shook my head, "Like I said, don`t expect me home tonight. If you want to talk I`ll have my cell phone on me." With that I climbed onto Mike`s back and he carried me out of the dinner, letting me bury my face in his neck and close my eyes.

"You`re welcome to stay with me and Mike if you want," Vic said after we got a little ways away from the dinner.

"Thanks but, I don`t want any of you to get in trouble because of me. I`ll probably just head home after a while," I murmured, barely lifting my head from Mike`s neck.

"Oh no, you`re staying with us. I`m not letting that psychotic bitch anywhere near you," Mike stated, sounding a bit angry.

"We won`t be getting into any trouble. We haven`t done anything wrong and they know it. Besides, I`m with Mike. I don`t want you anywhere near that woman," Tony said, sounding only slightly calmer than Mike.

"Thanks you guys. I just don`t want to loose you," I murmured, clutching onto Mike a little harder.

"You won`t. You`re stuck with us for the rest of your life," Jaime stated with a grin, making me laugh.

"Good. Because I don`t think I can live without any of you. Hell, I`m still trying to figuring out how I lasted this long without you in my life," I commented, making the guys laugh. I really didn`t see how I lasted so long without these guys. I just hope they don`t get hurt because of me. I don`t think I could forgive myself if they did.
♠ ♠ ♠
I`m sorry this chapter is so short! But, I need some help from all the people that read, subscribe, and comment on this story. Should Zhenya and Mike end up together after she turns eighteen? Iv`e been struggling with this a lot. Please, please comment and tell me what you think! It would help a lot. Thank you! :)