Status: Complete

She's My Daisy in the Dust

Promises, promises.

I stood on the stage and looked out at all the empty seats, I picked up Niall’s guitar and started strumming it closing my eyes and licking my lips.

“I’ve been roaming around always looking down at all I see. Painted faces fill the places I can’t reach. You know that I could use somebody, yea. You know that I could use somebody, yea. Someone like you and all you know and how you speak. Countless lovers undercover of the street. You know that I could somebody, yea. You know that I could use somebody, yea. Someone like you.”

I opened my eyes and carried on singing. I was in heaven, my fingers playing along without even thinking. I started singing again and I saw Harry leaning against the wall just up from the front section. He was watching me curiously and I ignored him as I continued to sing. Niall appeared next to him and they both glanced at each other before looking back at me. I strummed the last note and they both clapped, I laughed and did a little bow.

“So you’re insanely amazing.” Harry stated and I laughed.

“Thanks.” I shrugged sitting on the edge of the stage, “I can’t believe you can stand up here when it’s full though.”

“Have you ever tried it?” Niall asked as they started to walk towards me, I blushed and looked at my feet.

“Blair doesn’t do crowds.” Louis said from behind me, “3 people is probably her limit.”

“Why though?” Harry asked as he stood infront of me and I shrugged.

“It makes me feel sick,” I pursed my lips, “I freeze.”

“That really sucks.” Niall leant on the stage.

“I’ll get off your stage, you need to sound check.” I jumped down and Harry grabbed my waist and kissed my softly.

“I love your voice.” He told me and I blushed.

“And I love yours, so go sing superstar.” I pushed him towards the stage and he chuckled.

I sat back on one of the chairs and watched them perform. I couldn’t believe we had been in Europe for 2 months, it had gone so quickly I felt like my feet had barely touched the ground, I had been completely swept up in the one direction experience and I knew it was all about to end. That it was going to come crashing down around me. I looked at each boy individually. Niall winked at me when my gaze fell on him and I couldn’t help but smile. He was a true friend, someone I knew would always be there for me and try and help sort my head out. I looked over at Zayn who was singing a long note looking to the sky. He was so much funnier than people gave him credit for and he never fails to surprise me. Liam appeared infront of me and I laughed reaching out and pretending to swoon over him. Daddy Direction, that guy is more than any fan could understand. He’s funny, he’s intelligent and he’s mature. He makes you feel safe when you didn’t even realise you needed to feel like that. Louis started singing and a huge grin spread across my face. My best friend. He was everything to me and it took my breath away every night seeing him out on stage, he’s always him self and is never wary to show people every side of him. He’s so protective and so sensitve at the same time as being able to make me fall to the floor with laughter. Harry bounced across infront of me and I blushed. He hadn’t even said anything to me and my cheeks were enflamed. The idea of not waking up to him every morning whilst he was away made me want to cry. He was breaking down every wall I had ever built up and as he blew a kiss my way I was fully aware that I had never been as happy as this.
As they stopped singing and stood talking to the band I walked out the room and into the hallway.

“Hey Paul.” I smiled.

“What do you want?” he raised an eyebrow at me.

“Why do you think I want something?” I asked.

“Cause you’re giving me that look.” He sighed, “that look makes me nervous.”

“Oh come on Paul, I’m as good as gold.” I grinned and he laughed.

“I don’t think mangement would describe you as that.” He chuckled.

“That’s all Harry.” I rolled my eyes, “anyway, I would like to go shopping.”

“Bad idea.” Paul shook his head.

“I’ll go on my own. I don’t need to go with any of the boys.” I pleaded, “I need to get out of this bubble.”

“Where are you going?” Louis asked appearing behind me.

“Nowhere, she isn’t going anywhere.” Paul shook his head.

“Shopping.” I smiled, “I want to go out.”

“Ah let her go Paul. She’s a big girl.” Louis shrugged, “we’ve got press to do so she’ll just be getting in the way otherwise.”

“Fine.” Paul sighed, “don’t be too long and keep checking in.”

“Ah thank you!” I jumped on him giving him a hug and he laughed.

“Why is B on Paul?” Harry asked Louis.

“He said she could go shopping.” Louis explained.

“But we’re doing press.” Harry sounded confused.

“Yea, I’m going for a little wander while you be all superstar like.” I pressed a kiss to his cheek.

“Oh.” He pursed his lips together.

“Don’t be like that.” I groaned and he shook his head looking at his watch.

“I have an hour before I need to do press, I’m coming with.” Harry declared.

“I don’t think so.” Paul shook his head.

I looked over at Harry who shrugged at Paul in a way that implied he didn’t care what Paul said. Harry took my hand and we started walking out the building dispite not having any permission or security. We ducked out the back of the venue and walked quickly down a side road with our heads down not saying a word to each other until I thought we were far enough away.

“No wonder your management hate me.” I laughed and Harry chuckled as he adjusted his beanie on his head.

“So what did you want?” he asked and I shrugged.

“I miss just wandering around shops.” I bit my lip looking in the windows, “looking at things and debating whether they might fix whatever problem I’m having that day.”

“What do you mean?” Harry looked at me curiously.

“I’ve always shopped. Just looked around shops until you find that item that when you pick it up you don’t want to put it down. You stand there holding it in your hands debating whether it is as life changing as it promises to be. I know you might think that’s silly.” I shrugged, “I love finding an item that I fall in love with. One that becomes a part of defining who you are.”

“I think I know what you mean.” Harry nodded slowly.

We both reached a window of a shop and stopped staring in at the items. I bit my lip and looked up at him before tugging him into the shop with me. I ran my fingers over the top of the glass boxes staring at the different items in the case. Harry had let go of my hand and was staring at a pendant with matching ring; I looked over at what he was looking at.

“I love it.” I said softly.

“Like it defines who we are.” He said quietly.

“Just like it describes who we are.” I looked up at him smiling.

“Can we look at the pendant and ring?” Harry asked the person behind the desk.

“Of course.” The man smiled.

He unlocked the cabinet and pulled out the items and put them on the board.

“There are many different meanings behind the paper airplane.” The man begun.

I picked up the ring and slid it onto my finger, it fit perfectly, I glanced up at Harry fully aware of the fact both of us had tuned the man out. I held my hand out infront of me; it felt like it became part of who I was, like it had been made to be on my finger.

“It’s making something from nothing.” I said quietly.

“Well, yes.” The man nodded.

“You never know where it will land, you just hope it goes where you want it to.” Harry held up the pendant and glanced over at me, “you hope it goes as far as possible.”

“Well, I suppose.” The man looked confused between us.

“We’ll have them.” Harry grinned turning to the man.

“Okay, would you like a box?” he asked me.

“No thank you. I’m going to wear it now.” I smiled.

“Same.” Harry grinned pulling the necklace over his neck.

Harry paid for both of the items despite my protests. We walked out the shop our hands intwined smiling happily to ourselves.

“Now you can’t forget me.” I looked at my right hand staring at my ring.

“What do you mean?” Harry sounded confused.

“When you’re in America, you can’t forget me cause you’ll have your necklace and know that I have my ring so we’re still connected.” I shrugged and he kissed the side of my head.

“I would never forget you Blair.” He told me honestly, “you will always be with me, with this necklace on or not, you’ll be in my heart and mind at all times. I promise.”

“Don’t make promises you can’t keep Styles.” I looked up at him.

“I wouldn’t.” He bit his lip, “I mean it. I won’t ever make you a promise I can’t keep.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like this chapter, it was a bit 'meh' for me. A bit of a filler before i could move it on to where i want them to be. I also wanted to include about his paper airplane necklace as I think him and blair are the kind of people who would do the whole matching symbol thing.

I don't have much to say in this Author's note other than a huge thank you to all the people who comment on this story. I know I don't reply and I really should so I will next author's note. I'll respond to each of the people who comment on this chapter :)

Also. Big hello and thank you to all the people who have subscribed to this story. I look at it just before and almost mistook the number of subscribers as the number of people who have read the story! I was shocked! So thank you very much for choosing to read this story. It makes my heart happier than you could realise.

Peace.Love.SecretSanta