Status: New and working on it ;D

Crazy 4 U

Chapter 12

Ronnie's POV
I went to Starbucks for coffee. I sat at a table by myself, my head low. Ross and I were over and had been for a week. I was really upset about it, even though I knew I shouldn't be. I mean, he hurt me so it wasn't worth it. I loved him so much, but I couldn't let go of what happened.
I went to throw my cup away when I was knocked to the floor.
"Oh my God, I am so sorry! I wasn't paying attention to where I was going."
I looked up to see a boy that looked to be about my age.
"It's okay," I said as he helped me up.
"I'm Riley," he said, extending his hand, which I shook.
"Ronnie."
"Cool name."
"Thanks," I answered. "It's short for Veronica."
"That's beautiful, just like you."
I blushed.
"Do you wanna go to dinner with me sometime?" he asked.
I flashed a big smile and nodded.
"Sure, sounds nice."
Now I know what you're thinking. 'You just broke up with Ross a week ago and you're already going out with another guy?' Well, I know it's strange but I just didn't want what happened with Ross to hold me back. This Riley guy seemed nice. How could I move on if I didn't try?
"Cool," he said, handing me a piece of paper. "Call me maybe?"
I laughed.
"Of course."
I then realized that I'd forgotten about Ross the whole time I was talking to Riley. I was a bit surprised by it, but I was actually excited to go out with him.