Status: New and working on it ;D

Crazy 4 U

Chapter 17

Ronnie's POV

Today is the day. I have to watch Ross kiss Laura. I know he really wants me to have the part in the show, but I don't know if I can handle it.
I put on my makeup and got dressed. I was running late so I grabbed a granola bar. The doorbell rang.
"Coming!" I yelled, putting on my jacket and my wedge heels. I opened the door and Ross came running in, picking me up and spinning me around. I squealed in surprise, which developed into giggles.
"Hey, beautiful!" Ross said as he put me down. "You ready?"
"I guess."
"You don't sound ready. What's wrong?" He stepped closer to me and took my hands.
"I'm still worried about Laura," I said, looking down.
"Ronnie, everything will be fine. Please trust me."
"I do trust you, but I can't help it. It's like this instinct that a girl has. I can't help but wonder if she has some feelings for you."
"It's just acting, babe. You'll see."
I nodded. He put his hand on my back and began leading me to the door.
"We're gonna be late."

At the set, I sat in my own chair with my name on it (which was pretty cool, I might add) and watched as the scene I had feared was starting. I listened as Ross and Laura said their lines.
"Ally, you were great!" Ross said.
Laura smiled.
"I couldn't have done it without you."
They began to lean in. I sat forward in my chair. I couldn't help but watch and look for signs that she liked him. They got closer and closer to each other until their lips touched. It lasted for about three seconds and then they pulled away.
"Cut!" The director yelled. Ross and Laura came off the set and to their chairs, which were beside mine. I got up and began to walk away.
"Ronnie, where are you going? You're in the next scene," I heard Ross say.
"Bathroom," I answered without turning around.

Ross' POV

I hope Ronnie's okay. I tried to comfort her before the scene but I think she was still scared about it. Laura grabbed her water bottle and drank from it.
"Nice job, Ross," she said as she put the cap back on.
"You, too."
"There's something I've been meaning to talk to you about."
"Okay, shoot," I said, turning to face her.
"Well, lately I've been thinking," she stood up and moved right in front of my chair. She was awfully close. I tried to back up a little but she kept coming closer. "I know this is going to be weird for you but, Ross, I think I like you. Like, more than co-stars like you. And I know you have a girlfriend, but I was hoping you could, you know..." She was inches from my face now. "Forget about her?"
"Laura, I'm flattered but you know how much I like Ronnie and I don't feel-"
I was cut off by her kissing me. I put my hands on her shoulders and pushed her away.
"Laura, no."
"What are you doing?!" I heard someone yell. I recognized that voice. Oh damn.
"Ronnie, I can explain-"
"Not you!"
"Wha-"
"Laura, how dare you! I thought we were supposed to be friends!" Ronnie screamed.
"We are!"
"No! You were just trying to steal Ross from me this entire time! I knew it! I knew something was going on with you!" She turned to me. "And you! I told you, didn't I? I SO told you!" She turned and stormed out the stage door to the parking lot. I looked at Laura. She ducked her head in shame. I got up and went after Ronnie. This cannot be happening again.