Status: New and working on it ;D

Crazy 4 U

Chapter 7

Ronnie's POV
I went to school the next day, feeling happy as ever. I was standing at my locker when I felt arms wrap around my waist. I turned to see Ross' head on my shoulder.
"Hey," I said, giggling as he swayed me gently back and forth.
"Hello, beautiful."
"What's up?" I asked, turning to face him.
"Well, I was wondering if you would want to come over for dinner tonight?"
"Aawhhh, sure," I answered, giving him a huge grin.
"Awesome," he said. There was a silence and he yawned, his eyes staying just barely open.
"Ross, are you okay? You look really tired."
"I'm alright. Just went to bed late, that's all."
"Okay." The warning bell rang, distracting us from talking.
"We should get to homeroom," he said, taking my hand and leading me down the hall.
After school, I drove home and changed into one of my good outfits and fixed my hair and makeup. My mom was working late so I left a note on the table for her. 'Went to Rydel's. Be back later.'
When I got there, Ross took me inside and everyone was in the kitchen preparing the meal. I offered to help but Stormie, the mother of the family, wouldn't allow it.
"Ronnie, you're the guest tonight. Don't you worry about a thing," she said, putting her hand on mine. I gave her a smile and sat down at the table.
Once the food was on the table, their dad Mark led a pre-feast prayer and then everyone began eating.
"Ronnie, we've known you for a very long time. I'm glad to see you and Ross are finally together," Stormie said.
"Finally?" I asked.
"Yeah, everyone could tell that you two liked each other, except both of you, obviously," Riker said. I looked at Ross and smiled. He smiled back and was blushing a bright pink color.
"I never noticed," Rydel said. "I had no idea until Ross told me the other day."
"Well, you're always in your own little world," Mark said, earning a laugh from everyone.
"Ha ha, very funny," Rydel reacted, laughing a little herself.
Once everyone finished eating, they all just talked about family memories, which I guessed was an attempt to embarrass Ross in front of me.
"Oh, Ross has a surprise for you," Rocky said, changing the subject.
"Oh yeah!" Ross said, getting up and heading down to the basement.
I just sat there, confused.
"Let's go, guys," Ratliff, their best friend, said.
"Alright," they all answered and got up from the table. I followed them down into the basement and Ross was putting his guitar strap over his shoulder.
"He wrote you a song," Riker whispered in my ear. "He was up all night writing it."
That explains why he was so tired!
The band went to their instruments and I sat down on the couch in front of them.
"I played it safe," Rocky started singing. "I kept my foot up on the brake. I never really took a chance in life, and didn't live for today. Oh, girl, and then I met you. Opened my eyes to something new. You know you set me free like no one else, and got me acting a fool."
Then Ross started singing.
"Don't you know you changed my life, girl, 'cause now I'm living and it feels so right, yeah."
I smiled. I couldn't believe this. Plus, what Elana said yesterday fit into the lyrics. It was really amazing.
"You got my heartbeat pumping and it's going insane, you got me jumping out of aeroplanes. And that's why, I'm crazy, it's true, crazy for you! You got me base jump living and I can't look down, you know you short circuit my brain. I can't lie, I'm crazy it's true, crazy for you."
When they finished, I ran up to Ross, grabbed the collar of his shirt and kissed him.
"I guess that means you like it," he said, laughing.
"I love it!" I shouted, hugging him. "You stayed up all night writing this?!"
"Yeah."
"Ross, you are freaking amazing! I love you."
"Really?" he asked.
"Yes."
"I love you, too, Ronnie."
We kissed, completely forgetting that the rest of the band was in the room.
"Hey, now don't eat each other," Rocky interrupted. We all laughed. It was an amazing end to another amazing day.