Status: For Nano Wrimo, finished November 28, 2012 at 51,214 words

The New Queen

Khorky Wants the Best

2014 worlds quickly approached them. They were all surprised by the little time they had inbetween Europeans and Worlds. The Americans trained all year for Worlds while they trained for both. It was a hard time, especially inbetween Europeans and Worlds.
During that time Anna upgraded to a amanar. To be completely honest it wasn’t that necessary, but going up against the United States of Amanar it would be helpful to have that vault under her belt again.
She worked more on her beam dismount that he really struggled with during that year. She made progress during practices and training but she really butchered it during competitions. She landed practically on her face at all the National competitions inbetween Europeans and Worlds.
The World team was a hard one to pick. Everyone was getting injured as of late. Only Anna was completely healthy and that was because they weren’t making major upgrade. Evgeny wanted Anna to win a second AA title and become the future Khorkina. She kind of already was but he wanted her to really break records. No female has won three all around world titles in a row. Anna could be the first one.
The world team that year consisted of Anna, Maria, Evgenia Shelgenova, Yulia Inshina and Ksenia Afanaseyva. Overall it was a terrible line up and they were setting themselves up for failure, but literally everyone was injured and out for the year.

Before worlds Anna had a field day kissing Pavel all the time. The only problem was, Aliya was still very, well I can’t say this in a nice way. She was very bitchy. She still hated on Anna for talking and sitting with Pavel all the time. At least Pavel was going to worlds and Aliya was not. On the other hand Evgeny didn’t want Anna dating. They had an agreement to wait until Rio or to at least wait until he was eighteen. Anna didn’t want to let Evgeny down so she didn’t say anything about boys. Sometimes it felt like he was lying to her father.

At worlds Anna and Maria had a blast. They didn’t take it seriously. The team wasn’t strong enough to win gold like last year so they took it easy.
During qualifications Anna got lower scores then she usually did and during the team final she brought them up by a few tenths. She didn’t want to stress her body out. She had a full program ahead of her. The team took the bronze in the team final behind Romania and the U.S. It was a good day nonetheless.
The next day was the all around. Pavel sent her some texts before the competition began to kick into high gear and do this for Khorkina. Khorkina would want another little Russian champion running around before Rio.
She went into the competition with no major threat to defeat her. She didn’t have to beat the current Olympic champion or the world champion before her. She was trying to repeat her title from last year.
And she did.
She got all 15’s for scores. She preformed so well Evgeny attacked her in hugs and kisses after every routine. Anna didn’t even know why. They were both so happy. Things were going to be huge for Anna when they got home.