Status: For Nano Wrimo, finished November 28, 2012 at 51,214 words

The New Queen

Christmas

Anna graduated in June of 2022. She moved to Russia that same month and moved in with Vika in August. She started dating David in August as well.
That helps you picture December 2022. It’s now Christmas, all of their family got together for the holidays. Her dad is jewish and now that her mom is gone there was no point in celebrating Christmas, but they did it anyways.
Anna was brining David, Lubov was brining her own boyfriend from Uni and Adnan had some bigger news. It was the Winter of love.
“I can’t believe you won!” Oleg frowned as Mikhail beat his little brother in yet another game of chess. “Chess is stupid anyways”
“Here to boost your self esteem play against Anna”
“I don’t know how to play chess”
“exactly” Anna rolled her eyes. David sat on the couch and handed Anna her drink. Adnan took David outside to talk while they looked at Adnan’s new car for about a half hour.
“What did he say?”
“He told me the usual parent-y stuff” he said. “You’re his first born, I get it” Anna smiled. “I hope he likes me”
“He likes you more than Tom, that’s for sure” David giggled.
Nikkita ran into the living room and gave David a big hug. “I haven’t seen you in ages!” David said. “You’ve gotten so big!”
“I know, I’m growing boobs” Anna almost choked on her drink. “Are you dating Anechka now?”
“Yeah, why?” Nikki frowned.
“I want you to date me” Oleg laughed.
“Anna has a lot of things you won’t have for a while, Nikki” Oleg joked.
“But I’m growing boobs”
“Please stop saying that word” Mikhail said.
“I’m an adult you know!” Nikki said. “I can take care of myself.”
“I remember when I was ten” Oleg joked. “I was hardcore”
“You’re ten, Nikki, you don’t need a boyfriend”
“But David is so cute…I don’t want you to have him!” Anna was shocked, but in a fun playful way. “I want him to myself” Nikkita wrapped her arms around David’s neck.
“When you’re older we can be together, Nikki” David said.
“Really?”
“Maybe”
“I’ll kill Anna, I’ll get her out of the way”
“Are you hearing this?” Anna asked. “She would kill me!” Ekaterina laughed. What a crazy family they had.
Adnan came upstairs and just smiled at his family. Six kids and a girlfriend, what a nice life. “Family…quiet…” the room got quiet fast. “Ekat I need to ask you somethig”
“Yes” Adnan got on one knee.
“NOOOOOO WAAYYYYYYYY” Oleg jumped up and hugged Ekaterina before she could even answer. “Welcome to the family!” Ekaterina smiled, she was turning red, she was sweating they all could tell.
“Wait for the answer!” Lubov moved her brother out of the way.
“I don’t know why you all are sitting there…welcome me to the family!” all six children got up and hugged their father and step-mother. Anna was past that mourning stage. She felt like Ekaterina really deserved the title of mother. Maybe they would have children. Ekaterina was 40 while Adnan was 55. They had some years left.