Status: Awkwardly Active.

In Case of Emergency, Dial 411

Roger Rabbit

I was so nervous. It was awkward enough for me to go to my first dance but to be in the running to become junior Homecoming princess? Everyone was paying close attention to me. I felt like ripping the silk fabric that was my stash off my body and into the trash and do the thing I did best.

Runaway.

I didn’t ask for all of this nor did I want it so why did I have to deal with all this anxiety?

“Are you alright?” Jeremy asked me.

“What?” I snapped my gaze towards him. I had heard him alright “Oh yeah, I’m fine” I lied

“Have I ever told you how terrible of a liar you are?” He said reading my body language

“Haha,” I laugh sarcastically. I feel Jeremy nudge at my side

“Seriously, tell me what is wrong.” he turns his body completely towards me and offers his undivided attention.

“Um,” I hum and look down.

“Siane?” He grabs my arm gently

“I’m just nervous, I guess” I look up and his beautiful emerald eyes are staring me down.

“Everything will be fine, I promise” He gives me a sincere expression

“Yeah, I suppose” I look away, the gym was getting packed but no one had started dancing just yet.

I feel Jeremy’s hand on my cheek he redirects my attention him completely “This night will be perfect for you. I promise” He smiles

I take in all of his features again. It is breathtaking, how a human boy could look so stunning and is even my friend “You trust me, right?” he asks

Wow, trust. That was my main issue and he just asked me it. A week or so ago if anyone had asked me that question the answer would be no without a doubt. But this moment that I in, it was different. I was with Jeremy. He had tested my insecurities, saw me at my most vulnerable state more than once. I had let him into my damaged mind. It hadn’t perfect or smooth sailing but the thing was, he got to know me when no else wanted to. He now knows me better than anybody probably ever would.

“Yes, I trust you.”

“Good.” He smiles showing off his perfect teeth “Now, let’s dance!”

“But, I can’t dance!” I objected while Jeremy pulled me to the center of the gym

“Neither can I” he says and starts dancing to the music. I watch for a second, judging his moves. At first he looked kinda silly. Everyone else on the dancefloor weren't really dancing, they were just grinding on each other. Jeremy looked like he was having fun though. I put my hand over my mouth to try to stop my upcoming giggles. The music seemed to move him in a sense, he isn't following anyone else’s style, he was doing his own thing. After the first few awkward minutes or so he actually looked good doing it “Dance with me Siane!” he grabbed my wrist making me move back and forward

“I can’t,” I say between my teeth because I couldn’t stop smiling “We look ridiculous”

“Yes,” he pulls my body close to his, a Latin themed type song starts. He snakes his arm around my back “You can.” he smiles then dips me low, my head falls back and our torsos rub together creating a sensual friction. He pulls me back up, with one of his hands around my wrist he takes a few steps back and makes me walk around him in circle. I notice other pupils start to take notice.

“Jare? People are staring at us” I point out

“I know,” He smirks and takes my other hand pulling me closer then away, swaying from side to side “You’re so tense loosen up” He whispers in my ear.

Oh how I wish it were that simple. He twirls me or tries to but I’m just too ridge. His moves were smooth and natural, mine where tense and mechanical.

“I’m sorry” I say pulling my hands away from his. He looks disappointed. The fast pace song slowly fades away and slowly acoustic come on. Every surrounding person stopped their previous dance to a slow dance position. Kids that were sitting down drag others to the dance floor. The lighting changed, Jeremy looks at with a repressed smile and extends his arms.

I look around the place, everyone was slow dance. I looked at Jeremy who was waiting for me to come to him.

I trust him I reminded myself before taking those few steps towards him. He didn’t grab or pull me. He patiently waits until I slide my arms around his neck, he gently placed a hand on my lower back taking me in closer. We stood there for a moment, It was like we were just hugging then I realized he was waiting for me. I began to slowly sway us from side to side. I felt silly at first. Jeremy held me tighter and took the lead with the slow dance. It felt more natural with his body warmth against mine.

I listened to the song lyrics as I rested my head on Jeremy’s chest savoring the moment.

Nobody's gonna love you if,
You can't display, a way to capture this.
Nobody's gonna hold you hand,
And guide you through,
No, it's up for you to understand.

Nobody's gonna feel your pain,
When all is done,
And it's time for you to walk away.
So when you have today,
You should say all that you have to say.

Say all that you have to say.

Is there a right way for being strong?
Feels like I'm doing things all wrong.
Still I'm here just holdin' on,
Confess my heart and forgive my wrongs.

Just trying to show you something, more.


~xXx~


After the song ends Jeremy tells me he is going to get us some punch and that he’ll be right back.

But he isn’t. I was left loitering in the middle of the dance floor awkwardly while everyone else around me is dancing and having fun so I ended up looking for him

When I got there he wasn’t anywhere to be found. I looked up and down the table of food.

“Oh, I’m sorry” A girl apologized right before bumping into me, then spilling her full cup of punch on me. The girl was one that I recognized, It was Claire. A tall redheaded girl that was one of Tasha’s best friends. I despised her almost as much as I did Tasha.

“What the hell!?” I yell smacking the cup away, I noticed not a single drop of her drink got on her.

“Oh, nothing...” she says in her typical fake tone rolling her eyes.

“Ugh,” I grunt before turning away.

“I wouldn’t go to the bathroom if I were you!” Claire shouts

“And why is that?” I cross my arms

“Because, you’re looking for Jeremy right?” She raises a brow. I just glare at her without answering “I know where he is but, I don’t think you should know.”

“You don’t know where he is” I shake my head “Besides, since when do you keep tabs?” I wave my hand dismissively

“He’s outside,” she pointed “Just outside that door but you're not going to like what you see”

“And why is that?”

“Because, Jeremy is making out with Tasha right now as we speak”

“You’re wrong” I shake my head.

Jeremy would never do that to me and Claire would definitely lie to me

“Whatever but when you find your boyfriend liplock with my best friend, I told you so” Claire walks away
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment? Subscribe! Rec.

<3Modern.Sunshine