Status: Awkwardly Active.

In Case of Emergency, Dial 411

A Friend's Interest

“How was the bonfire?” Dontae asked me on monday. We were with some time to spare before first period. I shrugged “What do you mean you don’t know?”

“I didn’t go.”

“Oh, I thought you did since you know, you ditched us for your redneck buddies.”

“They’re not my buddies.” I told him as we stepped into the library” Why are we in here?” I asked looking around. In the library were several kids playing online video games on the computers and a few students doing last minute on homework at the table or on beanbags.

“I have to return these.” Dontae said taking out some books from his book bag and quickly stuffing them down the book return.

“Oh I didn’t know you liked to read.” I observed looking over my friends shoulder.

“Most people don’t.” he shrugged pushing his brown rectangle shaped glasses up his nose.

“Hey, aren't those anime books?” I questioned trying to keep the amusement from creeping into my voice.

“It’s called manga,” Dontae corrected defensively “And no they weren’t.”

“Look man, it’s cool if you like anime books. I don’t judge” I said trying to keep myself from laughing in my friends face. I didn’t care about his book genre of choice it just that this situation was funny.

“Whatever brah, those were for my little sister.” Dontae turned away from the book return making his long dreads spin. I was internally giggling as we were about to leave but yellowish blonde head of hair on bean bag near the exit caught my eye. “What’s wrong?” Dontae turned his neck to look back. I didn't realize I had stopped in my tracks.

“Nothing, Let’s just go the bells about to ring.” I said pushing past him but giving Siane one last glance and she was staring right at me but I looked away.

“Hold up, this has gone long enough.” Dontae said then he started walking towards his cousin.

“Dontae, Dontae, what are you doing!?” I called out, but there was any stopping him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment? Subscribe! Rec,

<3Modern.Sunshine