Status: Awkwardly Active.

In Case of Emergency, Dial 411

Tell Me Something I Don't Know

“Dontae, Dontae, what are you doing!?” I heard Jeremy shout in the library I look up from my book to see my younger cousin waddling up to me

“You’ll see.” he said

“What do you want?” I asked my cousin as I gathered my things preparing to leave. I didn't intend on sticking around to find out what he wanted. I saw him several times a school day ever since he started high school two years ago and he had never spoken a word to me until he started hanging out with that boy.

“Hey cos,” he smiled at me. I remained apprehensive not letting his friendly manner take my guard down because every time I did something bad happened “How’s it going?” he asked casually.

“I’m just fine, thank you” I said coldly. Jeremy was standing behind Dontae now.

“Si, this is my boy Jeremy,” he nodded “Jare, this is my cousin, Siane”

“We already know each other Dontae” I rolled my eyes. I wanted leave and I was about to when I saw an all too familiar group of camouflage clad kids

“Aye Jare, the tall red headed one from the game said.

“Oh hi.” Jeremy replies.

“You weren't at the bonfire Friday night we had a blast why didn't you come?”

Jeremy looked back at me, then my cousin. As we slowly took a few steps back.

“I didn't want to be anywhere with you” he said

“Excuse me?” the red headed redneck asked

“Yeah, what you did Friday night wasn't cool at all”

Was Jeremy standing up for me? I smiled to myself at the thought even if he was three days late.

The boy looked perplexed he looked over Jeremy’s shoulder at my cousin and I. “Oh so you’d rather hang out with these kinds then me?”

“Uh, yeah,” Jeremy said at first in an unsure voice then repeated more confidently “Yeah, I do”

“Yer tellin’ me, you’re choosing niggers over me?”

“Hunter calm down” one of his friends grabbed the red head shoulders. Jeremy nodded. The boy named Hunter was baffled as he held a disgruntled expression

“Excuse me young man, I think It’s time for you to leave media center.” The librarian came swooping in to the rescue but it was too late and the bell rung

“You’re gonna regret your decision!” Hunter yelled as he started to leave “Mark my words Jeremy!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment? Subscribe! Rec.

<3Modern.Sunshine