The Deep End.

005;

I wasn’t sure what to do. Do I go up and talk to her? Do I just let it go? I mean I only met her once, and we didn’t talk too much. But it’s her. It’s freaking her. The girl who let me go in front of her at the hospital. The one who ensured that I make it to Simon’s on time. It was Megan from Barbados.
I looked around at the boys to see if they were still zoned in on the girls. They had all pretty much returned to their menus. With the exception of Niall, who never left his. Should I ask them what they thought? Nah, they’d probably do something to make a fool out of me. If I could just get Harry alone to ask him, or even Liam.
I tried tearing my eyes away from her, but I couldn’t. What were the odds of seeing her again? Of course I knew she was going to be in London, but still. With a city so big, I didn’t think it was likely.
But the odds… The odds were slim to nothing. I had to go talk to her.
“You’ll never guess who that is.” I muttered, keeping my eyes glued to the girl. “Move.” I murmured, pushing past Liam, causing him to almost fall into the floor. “I’ll be right back.”
Leaving the boys dazed and confused, I took a deep breath and inched towards the group of girls. Before walking over towards them, I ran my fingers through my hair and smoothed my shirt down. I was sure that I looked good enough to approach.
She was prettier than what I remembered, I noticed as I lurked towards her table. Maybe because she had just gotten out of the sea when I first saw her, and now was dressed up. But I tried to think of what to say to her. Of course I wanted to thank her again, but for some reason, I didn’t want that to be it.
I heard two of the girls giggle, as they realized I was standing there staring. I laughed off the embarrassment and stepped closer to the table.
“Hey, uh, Megan, is it?” Megan had her head down, looking at a menu. She slowly lifted her head, skeptical about who it was that was speaking to her. But once her eyes met mine, she smiled. She remembered me.

Megan’s POV

I didn’t know who on earth was talking to me. Whenever I heard the boy say ‘Hey’, I had automatically assumed that he was speaking to the three pretty girls sitting with me. But as soon as I heard my name, my heart began to race. Who would know my name in London?
As I lifted my head and looked into the crystal blue eyes of the boy standing in front of me, I instantly knew whom he was. “Louis, hi.” I smiled.
“Wow, I can’t actually believe I found you.” He laughed, running his hand through his hair. It had been cut since the day I met him, but it looked good.
“Were you looking for me?” I laughed nervously.
“Well, no not exactly. But I knew you’d be coming to London, and I wanted to see you again. To thank you.” He explained. “You know, for the whole hospital thing.”
“Oh, right.” I said. “You’re here in London too, so I guess that’s a good sign?” I asked, remembering the circumstances of Barbados.
“Yes! We made it through! We’re actually in our third week of the live shows.” He said, obviously excited and proud of his work.
“That’s amazing.” I said, smiling at him. Just by the short two times of being around this kid, I could tell singing was something he was passionate over. I couldn’t help but be curious as to what he sounded like.
“Right? It’s been wonderful. We’ve gotten so popular. We usually can’t even step out into the city without a crowd of girls around us. Harry had the bright idea to come here, because nobody usually comes here.” He said, babbling on. I could also tell that he loved to talk and that he knew no strangers.
“Really?” I asked. “Well, that’s awesome.” I said, beginning to feel awkward sitting there talking to him, as the three girls were staring at us.
“Who are your friends?” He asked, noticing they were staring at us too.
“Oh, um, I actually just met them today. We’re taking the same study program.” I explained. “But this is Kayla, Lucy, and Brie Anne. Girls, this is Louis.” I said, introducing everyone. They all said ‘hi’ to one another and Louis looked back at me.
“It’s great seeing you again!” He smiled sweetly, talking as if we were two long lost best friends.
“Yeah, it definitely is.” I said, going along with him. I noticed him starting to take a few steps back and felt relieved. I wasn’t sure what else to say to this peppy boy.
“Well…” He started. “I guess I’ll see you later, yeah?” He said. Before I could even speak he said, “Actually, I forgot something! I always said that if I saw you again, I’d invite to watch the show.” He said, showing me a hopeful look. “There’s one tomorrow night, if you’d like to come. I could probably snag four tickets if you girls would like to come along.” He suggested.
My new friends just stared him, not sure what to say. “You know the show X Factor?” I asked them. “It’s a singing competition. Him and his friends are on it.” I explained, trying to give them an apologetic look for having a stranger bombard our meal. “It’s really sweet of you, Louis. But I’m not sure what our schedules will be. Today was just our first day.” I said, trying to explain to him.
“Oh.. Well, what if I got your number and called you tomorrow or something? It’d mean a lot to me if you came out and watched.”
As Louis stood in front of me, batting his pretty blue eyes, I thought back to what my mother had told me before leaving. This could be an adventure, and definitely a memory.
“Sure, why not.” I smiled. I told Louis my number as he punched it into his phone, smiling the entire time.
“Great! I’ll definitely call you tomorrow, okay?” I nodded and smiled at him. “See you tomorrow, hopefully!” He said, backing up again.
“Yeah, hopefully.” I smiled and waved at him, and watched him finally walk away.
We all quietly laughed once he was out of earshot. “Who was that?” Lucy asked.
“I met him in Barbados about a month ago. We literally only talked for ten minutes in a hospital waiting room.” I explained.
“The way he talked seemed like you guys have known each other all your life.” Brie Anne laughed.
“I know! I mean, he seems really sweet, but no. I barely know the guy.”
“He’s cute though.” Kayla said. I nodded my head. It’s true. Louis was very attractive. He looked even cuter than he did down in Barbados.
“We should go watch the show.” Brie Anne said, seeming to be a bit feistier than the rest. “Especially if he’s that cute.”
“You think?” I asked, looking at Lucy for an answer. She seemed to have a good head on her shoulders, but seemed like a fun girl.
“Yeah, why not. Just because we’re stuck here to learn doesn’t mean we can’t have a little fun, right?”
“If he calls you tomorrow, tell him we’re in.” Kayla said.
I took a deep breath. I was almost positive he would be calling the next day.

Louis’ POV

“What was that about?” Liam asked, once I had returned.
“That’s the girl I met in Barbados. The one from the hospital, remember?” I said, sliding in next to him. They all looked at me for a moment.
“Seriously?” Harry asked.
“Yeah!” I exclaimed. “That’s her. I told you I’d see her again.”
“Did she even recognize you?” Zayn asked.
“Yes.” I quickly said. “She did. I invited her and her friends to the show tomorrow night. Think Simon will give me about four tickets?” I asked nervously.
Liam groaned. “You didn’t seriously promise them tickets?”
“I have to see her again! And her friends, were sitting there, what was I supposed to do?” I asked, frantic.
“Why do you have to see her again?” Niall asked as he took a sip of his drink.
“Because! I don’t know what would have happened if she hadn’t of been so nice at the hospital.” I explained.
“You would have still been right here sitting with us. Simon wasn’t going to let us go anywhere without you.” Harry answered quickly.
“But what are the odds of finding her here?” I asked, quickly dismissing Harry’s refute.
“You’re reading way too much into this, mate.” Liam said.
I glanced over to the table she was sitting at. Which happened to be at the same time she was glancing over at me. She showed me a sweet smile and quickly darted her eyes to one of her friends. I continued to watch her. She was actually a lot prettier than I remembered her to be. Her hair was very long, longer than I realized and looked like caramel drizzled over her shoulders. She had bright green eyes, with just a hint of blue that were round like coins. And her lips and skin seemed so smooth and soft, and were both a different shade than I had ever seen. It was hard for me to turn my attention away from her.
“No,” I finally answered. “I’m not.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So, the two have reunited and Louis seems to think fate is a part of it.
What do you think? I'd LOVE to know! Please comment and thank you for reading! :D