Status: Working on it :)

Life As We Know It

Girl Talk and Late Nights

It has been about a month since we have started dating and it is going great. I am also hanging out with Vero and spending time with some of the other WAG’s.

“Hey, Austin has a doctor’s appointment today at 1 so I won’t see you until after the game” I say as I make breakfast.

“Is he alright?” he asks as he looks over him for damage.

“It is just a checkup, he is fine” I say as I bring our plates over. “Babies just need regular checkups to make sure they are growing correctly”

“Oh, as long as he isn’t sick” he says as he takes a sip of milk.

“He isn’t from what I can tell” I say and look over at him trying to roll over in his pack’n’play.

“Good, are you watching the game here or over at Vero’s?”

“Probably here, but I don’t know yet” I say and he nods as he eats.

We spend the rest of breakfast in relative silence. I ask briefly about the game against Boston but we don’t dwell on the subject long. I know he, along with everyone on the team, is under stress since it is near the end of the season and every game counted to get into the playoffs. We talk about me trying to decide what kind of job I want to get.

“I need to get ready, can you either watch Austin for me or can you get him ready?” I ask

“I can get him ready” he says as we walk towards the stairs

“You will get him dressed and diaper changed?”

“Yes have some confidence in me and go get ready” he says and pushes me to my room. I get dressed, do my hair, and do my make up before leaving my room and finding James trying to put socks on a wiggly Austin.

“Little man you are a wiggle worm” he says as he tries again.

“Need some help?” I ask and walk over to them.

“Nope” he says as he finally slips on the sock with a smile. I look over Austin to see he has a long sleeve onesie and pants over top, along with his socks.

“Nice job” I say as he picks him up and puts him on his hip. There is seriously nothing hotter than seeing a man with a baby. “Thank you for getting him ready” I say and give him a kiss before making my way downstairs with James behind me.

“It’s no big deal, I like hanging out with the little guy” he says

“Well we need to get going so we get there in time to check in” I say as I grab Austin’s jacket and hat. I hand them to James before getting my own jacket on and the car seat.

James gives Austin a kiss on his cheek before putting him in the car seat and taking it for me. We walk out to the car and put Austin in but not before he talked to him “Ok big man, I will see you tonight” he gave him one more kiss before shutting the door and turning to me.

“Will I see you tonight?” I ask

“Yes, I might go out with the guys but I will be there” he says before leaning in and giving me a knee weakening kiss. “Drive safe” he says after he pulls away slightly.

I give him one more peck before pulling away completely “You too and good luck tonight” I say before opening my door.

“Thanks, I will see you later” he says before I shut the door and start the car and drive off.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Austin had a great appointment and is growing like he should be and now we are over at Vero and Marc’s watching the game together. It was the first intermission and we were talking about guys, what else?

“So how is it going with James?” she asks

“It is actually going great” I say with a smile

“And with Austin?”

“He loves him and Austin adores him back”

“That is great. I see it after practices, his whole face lights up when he sees him” she says

“I guess I haven’t noticed but I will tell you there is nothing hotter than a man with a baby” I say and fan myself.

“Really?” she asks

“Yeah, I think my ovaries explode every time I see it” I say

“That must mean you jump him like all the time” she says with a laugh but stops when I don’t join in.
“Are you telling me you guys haven’t had sex yet?” she asks with wide eyes.

“You make it sound like a bad thing” I say with a blush

“I just always thought…it’s not a bad thing…I just assumed…” she said stumbling over her words. “How long have you been going out?”

“Um, a month on the 19 I think” I say

“Well if you ever want a night to yourselves Marc and I can always babysit. It would be good practice for the future” she says with a smile.

“That would be nice; I might take you up on that offer.”

“You know I would do it right before the playoffs so he relaxes” she says with a laugh but it has me thinking.

“That is not a bad idea. How about I get back to you on that with a date and time?” I ask with a laugh.

“Just name it” she says with a wink before the second period starts.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
The guys had won and James texted me saying he was going out for a while but would be home soon. That was two hours ago and I was up feeding Austin when James came in.

“Hey baby” he whispers before giving me a kiss, I could taste the beer.

“Did you drive?” I ask

“Yeah?” he says

“James, I need to put Austin back to bed but we will talk soon” I say as I burp him. He just grumbles and goes to me room. After I put him back to bed I walk into my room to find James lying on my bed.

“What’s wrong?” he asks

“You. You go out knowing you are going to drink and then drive home drunk?” I ask

“I’m not drunk” he says

“You are buzzed and that is just as bad”

“Nothing happened” he says

“This time but what if you got into a crash? I can’t lose another person to drunk driving” I say as my eyes fill with tears.

“Oh my God baby” he says as I start to cry “I am so sorry, I won’t ever do it again. I will call a cab or something”

“Please just promise me that you would call me if you needed to?” I ask in his arms

“Of course I will, I promise” he says before kissing my forehead.

“Thank you” I whisper and I rest my head on his chest, breathing in his scent.

“I’m sorry I upset you” he whispers back

“I’m not upset, it just scares me that you put yourself in danger” I say

“I won’t do it again, I promise”

“Can we just go to bed?” I ask

“Yes please” he says.

We get in bed and I get settled into his arms like usual. “Goodnight James” I whisper before giving him a kiss.

“Goodnight Lex” he says and kisses my forehead before we fall to sleep in each others arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is the next chapter! I like the feedback I get and I hope it keeps coming! I have an idea of where I want to go with this story but if you ever want to see something happen just comment! I am always open for suggestions. I hope you liked the chapter

Kirsten :)