Status: Working on it :)

Life As We Know It

Date Night

“Vero I am not sure this is going to work” I say as we are picking out lingerie in Victoria’s Secret.

“Are you kidding? As soon as he sees you in this he will attack” she says holding up a see-through dress. After an hour in the store I buy two outfits and Vero buys something for Marc.

“Okay so we will be by at four to pick up Austin” she says “That should give you enough time to get ready”

“Yeah, is it stupid of me to be nervous?” I ask her

“No, it’s not stupid. This is a really big step but remember to have fun.”

“Thanks Vero, I will see you later” I say and grab Austin’s car seat from the back and we make our way inside. James is still at practice so I don’t have to answer any questions about my day.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It is almost four and I am getting Austin ready for his sleepover with Vero and Marc. I am packing him an overnight bag with everything he could possibly need.

“Hey, what are you doing?” James comes into the room and wraps his arms around me. “Are you going somewhere?” he asks and tightens his hold on me.

“I’m not but Austin is” I say

“What?” he turns me around and I see the alarm in his face.

“Just for the night, he is going to be with Vero and Marc” I say and give him a kiss to soothe him.

“Why?”

“Well I was thinking that maybe we could have a date night.” I say with a small smile “With no interruptions”

“Really now?” he asks “And what do you have planned for tonight?”

“That Mr. Neal is for me to know and for you to find out” I say and before he can react the doorbell rings. “I need to finish getting his stuff together but will you go answer the door?”

“Of course” he says and leaves the room.

I finish getting his stuff together and I grab him from his crib before going downstairs.

“Where are James and Marc?” I ask Vero

“Putting the car seat in the car and the pack-n-play” she says with a smile to Austin. We talk for a few minutes before the boys come back inside.

“You ready to go?” Marc asks Vero who looks at me.

I look down at Austin and talk to him “You be good for Marc and Vero. I love you” I say and give him a kiss on the head before James takes him out my hands.

“Don’t cry too much” he says to him then gives him a kiss on the head too. “Bye big guy, see you tomorrow” he then hands him to Vero.

“We will take good care of him” she says “We will call in the morning”

After they put him in the car seat and drive away does it really hit me that he isn’t around.

“I feel naked without him” I say to James who gives me a hug.

“I know, me too” he says and kisses my forehead. We stand like that for a few minutes before he pulls away. “So what do you have planned for tonight?”

“All you need to do is go home and don’t come back until 6 wearing nice clothes” I say with a smile.

“Tie?”

“Um…no, just wear a jacket and shirt” I say “Well, and pants”

“Of course” he says before giving me one last kiss and leaving. “See you at 6” he says before the door closes.

The hours went by pretty fast; I took a shower, did my hair, makeup, and I put on my new black dress that hugged me in all the right places. Soon enough James showed up and rang the doorbell, taking me by surprise. I opened the door to find him dressed in a black suit with a purple shirt.

“Wow” I heard him say and noticed him checking me out and I blushed.

“Thank you and you don’t look to bed yourself.” I say back with a wink.

“You look beautiful” he says and gives me a peck.

“Thank you but we need to get going or we are going to be late” I say and, after putting on a coat and grabbing my purse, pull him out of the house and lock the door.

“And what exactly are we going to be late for?” he asks with a smile as he opens my driver side door before slipping into the other.

“I got reservations for The Grill” I say and pull out of the driveway.

“Really? Duper was telling me they have really good steaks there” he says

“I heard that too” I say and we talk about random things until we get to the restaurant.

After we get seated we look over the wine list and order a red for dinner.

“You know, the whole time I was getting ready I was looking over my shoulder for Austin” I said and took a sip.

“Yeah it does feel weird not having him here” he says looking around. “Do you know what you are getting?”

“I think I am going to get the grilled salmon. You?” I say looking over the menu.

“A steak sounds good” he says and closes the menu to stare at me.

“What? Do I have something on my face?”

“No, you are beautiful. I was just thinking that we have been dating a month and this is the first real date we have had. Also that I am the luckiest man in the world” he says making me blush.

“You are not the only lucky person in this relationship. I am pretty lucky to have found a guy that not only puts up with me but a four month old that isn’t his.”

“I wouldn’t trade my life for the world, this is the happiest I have been in a long time”

“Me too” I say before our waiter comes and we order our meals.

“I, uh, I got you something” James says with a small smile while pulling something from his jacket pocket.

“You didn’t have to” I say taking the box from him.

“I know but I wanted to. Go on, open it”

I give him a smile before opening the velvet box to find a beautiful silver necklace with three different colored stones on it.

“The stones represent our birthstones, mine is sapphire for September, yours is diamond for April, and Austin is topaz for December” he says and my eyes well up with tears and I am speechless. “I am really praying those are happy tears”

I look up at him and nod my head with a smile “The happiest” I whisper “This is one of the nicest things I have ever gotten”

“So you like it?” he asks

“No” I say and I see his face fall a little “I love it, thank you” I say and take his hand in mine giving it a squeeze.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
After dinner we drive back to my house and I start to get nervous. Not about the sex, but sex with James. Before leaving tonight I put one of the outfits I bought in the bathroom and just needed to excuse myself to get ready.

“Did I tell you how beautiful you look tonight?” he asked as he kissed my neck and I unlocked my door.

“If I didn’t know any better I would say you are trying to seduce me”

“Is it working?” he asks before taking my earlobe in his mouth and sucking and earning a moan from me. “I will take that as a yes” I can hear the smirk in his voice.

I grab his hand and we make our way up to my room and I push him down on the bed.

“Stay here” I say and walk into the bathroom. I change as quickly as I can and take a few deep breaths before opening the door. James is sitting on my bed with his back against the headboard shirtless. “So what do you think?” I ask and give a little twirl.

“You look so fucking sexy that I want to rip it off of you” he says with a voice deeper than usual and it turns me on more. I crawl on the bed and straddle his hips, giving him kisses. He grabs my hips and I grind into him, feeling how turned on he is earning me a groan. Next thing I know I am on my back and he is nibbling and kissing my neck.

“Please don’t tease” I moan out and pull at his belt. I finally get his belt undone and his pants undone as he kisses down my throat and to my chest. I feel his hands slid up my back, bringing the material with him before pulling it over my head.

“You are so perfect” he says in between kisses. He loses his pants; I lose my panties, and he grabs a condom from his pants. I can feel his tip at my entrance, he pushes in slowly and we both groan.
“Are you okay?” he asks not moving

“Yeah, give me a second” I say because even if he isn’t the biggest guy I have been with he is thicker than the rest. “Okay, move” I say and he slowly moves out before pushing back in with more force.

“You are so tight” he whispers into my neck between kisses.

“Faster” he picks up the speed and I feel like I am seeing stars. “Oh shit, I’m almost there”

“Me too baby” he says with a grunt.

With a couple more thrusts he taps my g-spot and I am gone. “JAMES!” I yell out. He gives a couple more thrusts before he explodes and collapse on me.

We were quiet for a few minutes, trying to get our breathing back to normal.

“That…” he says and rolls off of me.

I look over to see him with a huge smile on his face “Amazing” I say with a smile to match.

After cleaning up we climb back into bed and I cuddle into his chest.

“Well I guess what they say is true” I say and I feel him tense underneath me.

“What?”

“You are the Real Deal” I say with a giggle and he rolls his eyes before giving me a kiss on the forehead.

“Goodnight Lex” he says

“No, great night” I say back before falling asleep in his arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! I hope you all enjoyed the chapter and I am sorry it took forever but I had terrible writers block and could only write like one sentence at a time.
I would love to hear from you and see what you would like to happen in this story or any suggestions you may have.
Comment

Kirsten :)