Status: Working on it :)

Life As We Know It

Playoffs

“You have been here before, what do I do?” I ask Vero on the phone about how to handle the situation right now. The boys are down two games to the Flyer’s in Philadelphia in the first round of the playoffs and I don’t know what to do.

“I usually give Marc his space and let him come to me” she says

“Okay thanks” I say then hear Austin cry from up stairs “I have to go, I will talk to you later” I say and hang up.

After changing his diaper I brought him downstairs with me. I just sat down when the phone rang, seeing it was James I took a breath before answering.

“Hello?”

“Hey babe” he says sounding exhausted.

“Hi, what’s up?” I ask cautiously

“I just wanted to hear your voice, I miss you”

“I miss you too” I say with a smile

“I will be home tonight late so don’t be afraid if you hear me come in”

“Okay, just be as quiet as you can” I ask

“I promise” he says

We talk for a few more minutes before he had to go eat some lunch then take his nap. I wished him good luck and we bid each other goodbye.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The guys lost again that night and I went to bed with a bad feeling in my stomach. I woke up to the sound of the front door closing and looked at the clock to see it was 2 am. James entered the room a couple seconds later and stripped down to his boxers before climbing into bed with me.

“Hi” he whispered

“Hi” I say back and give him a kiss.

We soon fall asleep only to be woken up an hour later by Austin. I get out of bed to calm him down but he is having none of it. I come back into my room with him in my arms still crying.

“What does he want?” James asks from the bed.

“I don’t know” I say bouncing him.

“Well can you figure it out?” he asks rudely

“Excuse me?” I ask

“I really don’t need this right now”

“Well I am very sorry that we don’t fit into your life” I say over Austin’s cries. “This is what you signed up for when you asked me to be your girlfriend. You know what I don’t need right now? I don’t need your moody ass around me or Austin.” I say and he looks up at me from the bed.

“What are you saying?” he asks angrily and getting out of bed.

“I think you should go to your house, I will stay here, and we will take a break” I say

“I don’t need a break” he says coming towards us but I put my hand against his chest.

“I do and right now you are scaring us” I say and Austin starts to wail louder.

“Fine, I’ll see you later” he says getting dressed then leaving more pissed off than when he came in.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

“Then he left, slamming the door behind him” I tell Vero the story while drinking a cup of coffee on her couch.

“Have you seen him sense?”

“No” I say and look at the dark liquid in my cup.

“Good, you need to stand your ground, he needs to apologize” she says

“Did I make a mistake kicking him out?” I ask

“No”

“Thanks, I really needed to hear that. I have been playing it over and over in my head and I needed reassurance that I did the right thing”

“I would have done the same thing to Marc if he pulled that attitude on me” she says with a flip of her hand. “He would have been stuck on the couch”

“I am so happy that I have you to talk to and kind of guide me through this life” I say and squeeze her hand.

“I am always here for anything” she says with a warm smile.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The next night I watch the game and watch them win. I wanted to talk to James but I was still mad at how he acted so I decided to just go to bed. It was one of the worst night’s sleeps I have ever gotten. I was up constantly with Austin and when I wasn’t with him I couldn’t sleep. It was about 4:30 when I picked him up to feel he is warmer than usual. I took his temp to find it at 100; I then got dressed as fast as I could and loaded him up in the car to take him to the hospital. After waiting for half an hour we were finally called back to see what the problem was.

“Austin has a fever that has been caused by an ear infection. Has he been feeling okay the past couple of days?”

“Not really he has been crying a lot lately, I just thought he was going through something” I say and put my head in my hands.

“By the looks of it he has had it for a few days” he says

“So what you are saying is that I am unobservant?” I ask

“No, it is common not to know when young children have ear infections. You are lucky you caught it in time because the fever could have gotten a lot worse” he says with a smile trying to reassure me.

“Thank you, what kind of medicine does he need?”

“Here” he says writing a prescription for Austin and gives me directions to the Pharmacy. “That medicine should clear him up in about a week, so how about you come in for a follow up appointment next week?”

“That sounds great, thank you for everything” I say as I get my stuff.

“It is my pleasure” he says with a smile and holds the door open for me.

“Thank you, see you next week” I say and walk down the hall towards the pharmacy.

After getting his medicine and getting home it was about 7:00 and as I pull into the driveway James comes walking out of his house with his practice bag. I get out of the car and try to hurry into the house but he is already halfway across the lawn before I even get Austin out.

“Are you oaky?” he asks looking between the medicine bag and me.

“I am fine, Austin has an ear infection that has been going on for the past couple of day” I say getting Austin out of the car and walking towards the house.

“Can we talk?” he asks following me.

“You should get to practice” I say and turn to him seeing how tired he looks.

“Can I come by later?” he asks

“Do you have time for that?” I say throwing the words back at him from that night.

“I’m sorry and we will talk later” he says before heading back to his car.

Most of the day I spent looking through some photos I took a while ago that I haven’t gotten to yet; they are of Pittsburgh from different angles and view points of the city. I have also been talking to Vero on and off all day. About 3:00 there is a knock on the door and I take a deep breath before opening it.

“Hi” James says “Can I come in?”

“Sure” I say and walk back into the living room with him following.

“When did you take these?” he asks

“A couple of weeks ago, I haven’t had time to do anything with them until now”

“I didn’t know you liked photography”

“There are a lot of things you don’t know about me” I say with a shrug “I do have to say, before we get into anything Austin is sleeping so let’s please not turn this into a screaming match.”

“I don’t want to scream”

“Me either” I say moving to sit on the couch.

“The other night I was out of place and I was being horrible to you and Austin. I know he is just a baby and I shouldn’t take my frustrations out on either one of you. I am really sorry for the things I said to you and scaring you” he says and takes my hand in both of his.

“You did scare both of us. I don’t like that guy. I don’t like you coming here with a bad attitude and taking it out on us” I say

“I don’t like that guy either; he is an asshole and should be kicked out of bed. I am not making excuses but I am under a lot of pressure right now I didn’t know how to handle the situation”

“I get the pressure you are under but when you come here can you drop it at the door?” I ask

“I will work on it” he say with a nod “Are we okay?”

“I think so” I say

“Is it ok if I kiss you?” he asks

“Yes” I whisper and he gives me a kiss filled with need and what feels like love.

“I missed you” he whispers after the kiss.

“I missed you too” I say and give him another kiss before standing up “Come on, someone else has missed you too” I say and we walk upstairs. We watch Austin sleep for a good fifteen minutes with James’ arms wrapped around me from behind.
♠ ♠ ♠
WOW Drama alert! I hope you liked this chapter. I love hearing your comments and i love hearing what you want to happen in the coming chapters. Tell me what you want to see!
Comment!

Kirsten :)