Status: Working on it :)

Life As We Know It

Revelations

Getting kicked out of the play offs sucked. Not only for the fan side of me but for the girlfriend side of me too. Since the playoffs have ended we have been really great, no real fight or blowouts. That was a few weeks ago and we are falling into a schedule that works. James goes and works out in the mornings and is usually back for lunch and I take care of Austin and go through my pictures to send out to some of the magazines I got a job at, as a freelance photographer. I love it because I get to do something I love and I get to work from home.

“Honey, I’m home” I hear James from the front door while I make lunch.

“In here” I say with a smile. Even though we haven’t exchanged the L word yet I think James has almost said it a few times, like the other day when I made French toast for breakfast and when he bit into it he said “This is why I love…..” he said and quickly followed it up with, “your cooking” then shut up right after. I know I should just come out and say it but I have this crazy idea that he should say it first.

“Do I have enough time for a quick shower?” he asks and kisses my cheek.

“Yeah but make it a fast one.” I say and before he disappears upstairs he goes over and gives Austin a kiss on the head, making him smile and babble like crazy. It is times like these when I love him most.

I made grilled chicken salads and we ate in peace for the first few minutes.

“So I got an invitation in the mail a few days ago for Flower and Vero’s wedding” James says and takes a sip of water. “I was wondering if you would like to go with me?” he asks.

“I would love to go with you and Vero is one of my closest friends now” I say with a smile then it hits me “What will we do with Austin?” I ask.

“He can come too” he says with a shrug.

“I will call Vero later and ask her” I say, not wanting to force him on their wedding day.

“I’m sure it will be fine” he says and looks at Austin who is babbling again. “Soon he is going to be talking and walking”

“I know but all I want is for him to sleep through the night” I say with a chuckle.

“Yeah, that should happen soon” James says and I send him a weird look. “What? I have been reading a little”

“Did you go out and buy baby books?” I ask and his cheeks darken. “That is so cute” I say and lean over for a kiss.

“So I was thinking, while we are already in Canada why don’t we visit my family” he says like it is no big deal.

“Really? I have never met a guy’s family” I say. “They know about Austin right?”

“Yeah, my mom and sister can’t wait to meet him” he says with a proud smile.

“So I have been reading and I think I am going to start introducing solids to him” I say wanting to get away from my nervousness. We talk for the rest of lunch about my photography and make plans to go up and take night pictures of the city from the West End Overlook.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

We get out of the car with my camera in tow and Austin strapped to James in a baby carrier. It is just about to be sunset and I am hoping to some great pictures of that too.

“This is one of my favorite times of the day” I say as I snap some pictures of the sun. “I remember coming up here with my mom when I was little. She would always remind me that the world is like a big puzzle and that I have my place, I just have to find it.” I say and wipe a tear that escaped.

“Your place is right here” James says as he wraps an arm around my shoulder and kisses my temple. “I found you and I am not letting you go any time soon.”

After a few minutes of standing there I snap a few pictures of the setting sun and we watch all the lights turn on in the city below.

“I have been trying to think of something to get you for your birthday” James says as I switch lenses.

“My birthday is still a month away and I don’t really need anything” I say with a shrug.

“Of course I am going to get you something and it is going to be perfect.”

“Whatever you get me will be perfect” I say with a smile. By this time Austin has fallen asleep and is resting his head against James’ chest. The moment is too perfect to pass up so I put my camera to my eye and capture it on film. James is looking out at the city and looking like a damn model and Austin looks precious.

“What was that for?” he asks me.

“It was too precious to pass up” I say and show him the picture.

“I want a copy of that” he says and gives me a kiss.

“Consider it done” I say.

“Well, it is past this one’s bed time and I am feeling pretty tired myself” he says rubbing Austin’s back causing him to snuggle closer.

“Have I ever told you that you looks so sexy while holding a baby?” I ask once we get back into the car.

“I don’t think so” he says “What makes it so sexy?”

“I don’t know, I think it is the fact that you look so protective and you would hurt anyone that tried to hurt him, or the fact that it brings out this really soft side in a big strong man that turns me on” I say back to him.

“Turns you on huh?”

“Oh yes, one of the many things”

“What else turns you on?” he asks with a million dollar smile.

“Where do I begin? The muscles,” I say and grab his bicep. “The tattoo,” I say and trace where the tattoo would be over his long sleeve shirt. “Your thighs,” my hand brushes over his thigh lightly, causing him to jump a little. “Your hands,” I grab one of his hands and bring it into my lap. “And what they can do to me” I say and he take it on himself to move his hand up my thigh. “Do I need to go on?” I ask with a smile.

“I think I get the picture” he says and before I know it we are back in our neighborhood and he is parked in the driveway. It didn’t take very long to get into the house, put Austin to bed, getting to bed ourselves, even though sleep was the farthest things from both our minds.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

James is already in Toronto with other guys doing his summer workout he does every year and we are going to meet up in Montreal a couple of days before the wedding. I am about to go to bed and finally last night was the first night Austin slept through the night.

I was just slipping in bed when my phone rang from James for our nightly talk.

“Hey babe” I answer.

“Hey, how are you?” he asks sounding tired.

“I am great actually, Austin slept through the night last night and I got two checks in the mail today for my pictures. So I am pretty happy right now, how are you?”

“Tired, but it is all worth it in the end” he says “A lot of the guys here want to meet you and Austin”

“Really? Do you talk about us?” I ask.

“Constantly” he says and I can hear the smile in his voice. “So what are you doing tomorrow?

“I was thinking of going shopping for a dress for the wedding and get something nice for Austin to wear too. What color are you wearing?”

“Probably purple and gray” he says and I roll my eyes.

“Should of known” I say with a chuckle.

“Hey now!” he says back.

“You know I’m just kidding, you look very handsome in whatever you wear”

“Thank you. I hear you yawning, I will let you go.”

“Ok I will talk to you tomorrow, goodnight James” I say

“Night, love you” he says then hangs up like it was nothing. I just stare at the phone in my hand and two minutes later it rings again with his face flashing at me.

I answer the call and before I can say anything he is talking. “I am going to be completely honest, I have been thinking of saying that for a while now and it just slipped out. I don’t expect you to say it back but I do want you to know that I love you and Austin and I really wish I could see your face right now” he rushes out.

I stay silent for a minute but I guess that was too long for him “Lex? You still there?”

“Yeah, I’m here” I say but I am still stunned. Even though I thought he was feeling this way I was just shocked at how he said it.

“Please say something” he says quietly, almost begging.

“I love you too, so does Austin. I can see it in his eyes when you walk in the room, he lights up and gets all fidgety like he can’t get to you fast enough.” I say and by this time I have tear running down my cheeks. “I feel the same way, when I am with you I feel safe and like I can take on the world”

“I love you so much” he says and I can hear the emotion in his voice. “I want to see you”

“Me too, I will be in Montreal in two weeks” I say.

“That is too long, why don’t you come to Toronto like tomorrow. I will pay for everything, I just need to see you” he says and I know he is serious.

“Okay, I will call you tomorrow morning” I say already mentally packing.

“Okay, I will see you tomorrow” he says

“Goodnight James”

“Night Lex, I love you” he says and I get butterflies in my stomach.

“I love you too” I say back before hanging up and collapsing back on the bed with a smile on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
WOW I just got a huge rush of creativity and put it to use to finish this chapter. I hope you liked it and I would love to hear your comments on the story so far and where you want it to go next.
Comment!

Kirsten :)