Status: I couldn't get into my last story so I wrote this. I apologize to any who read it and hate it.

Close My Eyes

Chapter ten

Ever since I was a little boy I was fascinated by the stories of the Elvern. Their power, their strength, their beauty. I wanted to meet one, to watch as they slaughtered their enemies. But when my mother told me they were only stories my dreams were crushed. How could they only be stories? They must existed somewhere! I was desperate to find them.
As I grew older my brothers went off to train to become military commanders, to learn to run a kingdom. I on the other hand learned from scholars, there was no need for me to learn how to fight. I had already beaten everyone when I was twelve and there was no one left to try and kill me. So I studied the Elvern, I learned all the tales. When I found out they had once existed I was ecstatic, then I learned what had happened to them.
"Extermination?" I couldn't believe my eyes when I found the records.
"Yes my prince, it seems they were too dangerous to leave alive." Stanton my aid explained as i searched through the records again.
"But, my dream." I said my hands shaking.
I had dreamed that my wife would one day be an Elvern, and together we would led the strongest kingdom in the world. Stanton patted my head and took the records away, the next day they were burned. From that point on I gave up on everything. My sword became stained with the blood of my enemies, I was known as the "Cold Prince". Then one day as I was running through the military supply list Stanton brought me news.
"A girl? Why should I be impressed by that?" I'd asked without looking up.
"Apparently my prince she can enter the wood."
"So?"
"She also wears a blindfold." With that my hands froze and I looked up.
"Are you sure?" I asked shaking as I got to my feet.
"Yes my prince, it seems she can also hit a target fifty feet away from her. She may be the one you have been searching for." Stanton knew I had never truly given up finding a living Elvern to take for a bride.
"Her name?"
"Zanza."
Zanza the name alone inspired strength in me. I swept the list from my sight and ran out of the room. If it was true then this girl, Zanza, would be mine.
* * * *
"My prince?" Stanton asked as I awoke from my dream.
"Where is she?" I asked sitting up as he steadied me.
"In the wood, shall I send officers after her?"
"No need, I will go myself." I had found my bride, and now I would capture her forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
He's only slightly insane