Status: I couldn't get into my last story so I wrote this. I apologize to any who read it and hate it.

Close My Eyes

Chapter seventeen

Okay let's recap. Over the course of one day I found out I'm one of a race of people that everyone would wish was dead. My family was attacked by a mad prince, I found out I could see and ran away after saving them. Found a village of were-people and now a boy (who I admit makes my knees go weak) is saying I'm his mate?! Okay where's the button that will take me back to before all this happened?
"Uh." I managed as I watched the silent exchange pass between Torric and his nephew.
He looked my way and smiled brightly making my face go hot. I looked away rubbing the vine this time.
"Well, Noren that is news. But have you asked this girl yet? She is not from our village so I don't think she appreciates you saying things like that." Torric coughed into his hand as he spoke.
Noren went from looking really happy to turning as red as I was. He scuffed his feet then looked over at me as I looked over at him. Our gaze met and we both turned away as if it hadn't happened in the first place. I looked up and saw that Torric had seen the exchange.
"Anyway why don't we go get something to eat. And you young lady must tell you me you're name." He demanded loping one arm around my neck.
"It's Lizette." I said.
Something told me not to use my real name. I don't know why but I just couldn't. It felt like if I even said it allowed that something bad would happen here. And I didn't want that.
"Alright then Lizette time for some food!" Torric announced dragging me along with him.
I was scared but I didn't know why.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short chapter sorry. Mind unfocused. Head exploding! Agh!!!!!